What's new

The Road to Guerilla Success and High yields

rod58

Its funny how malawi keeps coming up. Its my fav guerilla strain too! Very big fast growing plant. Dense but somehow amazingly mold resistant even with constant humidity and rain . And very potent. Ace seeds breeds a good malawi

well thanks , i've researched malawi and sounds like a really good strain for me ..now i've had a look at ace and we have , malawi gold , red ,99 ,and wowie just to name a few ..lol...any knowledge on this ?:)

badmf

This isn't a fresh thread but good advice Moon, strain makes the difference, water is a bitch to haul suggest bring it in prior to start and store it in the shade. I use battery water timers with 38 gallon rez hidden of course. Need to enter only to adjust timer and refill rez do maintenance. Peace Bad...

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hahaaha, i've done the same heaps , check the date ..i had just read this thread and was ready to post my bit and then saw this ...but very interesting
i've grown outdoors in near desert conditions for nearly 40 years and have definitely come to the conclusion that less is best . for years i busted my arse until that eureka moment came ! i have just ordered some pineapple chunk and was interested to know whether anyone had grown them in tough arid climates and what was the result ..
time for a change a bit , i've had big skunky sativa's for years and feel i'm slipping behind with potency a bit so have been crossing my strain a little with some indica's , white widow and AK 47.....this next season will be the result of this ....

yo rod i was wondering how the pineapple chunk is doing for u? im gonna be doing it next year so im looking for all the info i can find on her

rod58

yo rod i was wondering how the pineapple chunk is doing for u? im gonna be doing it next year so im looking for all the info i can find on her

well Kygiacomo , just started them and they came up healthy and pronto , not like the golden tigers which are very weak and spindly , lost a number of them ...they were too weak to even throw the shell ...but back to the PC , i'll be putting them in over the next week and hoping for a bit of rain to boost them along ..:tiphat:

idiit

Veteran
i've grown outdoors in near desert conditions for nearly 40 years and have definitely come to the conclusion that less is best
me2 re less is best except for liming. I pick fertile areas by looking at the vigor of the indigenous vegetation in that exact area. I go heavy lime mixing calcitic and garden lime to get the mg proportions down while adding lots of low mg lime. little bit of the other supplements. chelated trace minerals essential.

http://www.algreatlakes.com/PDF/factsheets/ALGLFS07_Calcitic_or_Dolomitic_Limestone.PDF

i'm in heavy clay environment. the clay is already nutrient rich. fert. supplement levels are dependent on what you are amending. above pdf is a good read for calcium/mg levels. I go with Albrecht but above linked pdf is good read imo.

lots of lumens from 9:00 am till at least 6:00 eve. lots of fresh air aka breezy.

in guerilla grows big plants need great root systems imo, unless you are in a very wet environment.

hardiness is essential to harvest.

the two biggest yielding landraces I've used are ace Malawi hybrids and gypsy nirvna zamal hybrids. both are very hardy. both harvest in mid November give or take.....

there are at least 4 ace Malawi phenos and I use the late flowering ones. some ace malawis come in early. you want the frosty mum killer cut imo. fucking grail cut. there are many zamals. I was very happy with the gypsy nirvana dom zamalish out of zamaldelica. now I have the mafate gn zamal p1. am making hybrids for next year atm.

late flowering, vigorous, hardy genetics for me have given the largest yields. hybrids from ace Malawi and gn zamal were multi # yielders. I used late flowering genetics to hybrid with Malawi and zamal. you can bring in these two much earlier via faster flowering mates in the hybrids and also by putting out clones early may, some even late april. sea-crop advertises that it brings in harvest couple weeks early and I think so.

mandala's satori Nepalese bat pheno proved excellent for big chunky, fairly frosty, early finishing indica dom nugs with really good bud rot resistance for indica dom hybrids. very potent. too potent according to customers. :) huge yields by weight.

rod58

:tiphat:
i have to be very careful using lime , we are very alkaline here , i use a lot of dynamic lifter which is pelletised chicken shit if your not familiar with it ..very alkaline in itself ..we have sandy duplex "soils " which have almost zero carbon content and a winter rainfall of 12 - 18 in ..i guess over the years i've made decisions about what genetics to keep for the next year based mainly on plants that handle the tough conditions , i rarely water , without considering potency nearly as much ..well , i fucked up , i've ended up with some monster yielders that wouldn't get a fly high ..lol..hence my search for plants with some serious potency ..its led me to this site and others which has unearthed the likes of malawi , zamal and its offshoots ..so fecking excited for this year and on ...i read these posts on this site and others and think ..wtf ..why didn't someone tell me about all this ...ring me someone ! ..lol. so idiit what rainfall range would you be in ?, very curious about that and your season , do you have a long summer -autumn ? do the likes of those strains need that ? summer here starts at about 6.30am and goes to 7pm ..its very hot with some days going to about 48 celcius ..i try to place them so the arvo sun doesn't fuck em ... anyway , great thread and thanks for the info ..

idiit

Veteran
fucked up , i've ended up with some monster yielders that wouldn't get a fly high ..lol..hence my search for plants with some serious potency ..its led me to this site and others which has unearthed the likes of malawi , zamal and its offshoots ..so fecking excited for this year and on ...
me too. by joining ic and studying the posts of experienced growers and learning about landrace sativas ( special thanks to dubi at ace seeds) I really upped my game. i'm not the grower I recently ( 5 years ago) was; thanks ic mag.

so idiit what rainfall range would you be in ?, very curious about that and your season , do you have a long summer -autumn ? do the likes of those strains need that ? summer here starts at about 6.30am and goes to 7pm ..its very hot with some days going to about 48 celcius ..i try to place them so the arvo sun doesn't fuck em
36 degree n se usa. supposed to be wet spring, dry hot humid summer until September and then rain and some cooler days until oct. 15. and then clear, cool sunny autumn until nov 1. then it usually still has decent fall conditions until dec. 1.

this year the hottest driest month was may; 100 degree temps, dry, drought dry. poor rain in second half of april. clay soil here does not hold water well ( brick soil) and gets super hard easily. plants did not have a chance except for one strain; soa Malawi gold. not one died. 2015 is a Malawi harvest. very potent when clones planted early enough to come in under hot autumn sun. Malawi can handle droughts, hot humid weather, cold winter weather ( sub freezing temps).

my take on mafate zamal is that it is not super potent. it may be potent if using clones from mature females according to zamal growers in la reunion. the potency is recessive in hybrids from my experience and I've grown out several mafate zamal hybrids. the mate dictates potency. zamal dictates huge plants, good hardiness. I stress trying mafate zamal hybrids from my experience.

no hardy=no harvest.

se usa is several states away from medical areas. it's red neck as hell. helicopters hunt patches all day, every day. it's their version of sport. i'm a metro area guerilla grower and the heat is on..... :)

even if you get a harvest if you don't heavily lime the clay here with the mg levels reduced you get ph burn from the clay going acidic in the heat. even though the surviving plants don't show it in the summer when you get into fall flowering you get this weird leafy, no pistils bud formation that is known as homegrown. homegrown here means nasty, leafy bull shit that did not form buds properly and won't get a fly high. ph swing imo.

many adam strains ( overly inbred French poodles kept indoors for 25 generations) don't look so pretty after they have been out in the wild for several months. :)

landraces and landrace dominate hybrids are the way to go here imo after completing 25+ years of growing an average of 5+ sites/year in this area. that's well over 100 outdoor gardens here under my belt. grew 5 years before that in an area that hemp grows so well they can't eradicate it.

the key here is bud formation during the cool, crisp sunny fall months. they do wonderfully if they get past the hot humid summers. my optimum harvest flowering window is between oct 15 and nov. 15 as after nov. 15 the sun is so low it can't drive potent bud in many strains. too early and hot humid weather spells B U D R O T.

dickcorn

I'd still love list of plants to reach this size with this grow style. You listed pineapple chunk and spotanica. I can second blue widow, and I'd add sensi star but kinda crapshoot to get awesome guerrilla pheno. So what else you got? Done by oct 10 gets bonus points as well haha.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
me too. by joining ic and studying the posts of experienced growers and learning about landrace sativas ( special thanks to dubi at ace seeds) I really upped my game. i'm not the grower I recently ( 5 years ago) was; thanks ic mag.

36 degree n se usa. supposed to be wet spring, dry hot humid summer until September and then rain and some cooler days until oct. 15. and then clear, cool sunny autumn until nov 1. then it usually still has decent fall conditions until dec. 1.

this year the hottest driest month was may; 100 degree temps, dry, drought dry. poor rain in second half of april. clay soil here does not hold water well ( brick soil) and gets super hard easily. plants did not have a chance except for one strain; soa Malawi gold. not one died. 2015 is a Malawi harvest. very potent when clones planted early enough to come in under hot autumn sun. Malawi can handle droughts, hot humid weather, cold winter weather ( sub freezing temps).

my take on mafate zamal is that it is not super potent. it may be potent if using clones from mature females according to zamal growers in la reunion. the potency is recessive in hybrids from my experience and I've grown out several mafate zamal hybrids. the mate dictates potency. zamal dictates huge plants, good hardiness. I stress trying mafate zamal hybrids from my experience.

no hardy=no harvest.

se usa is several states away from medical areas. it's red neck as hell. helicopters hunt patches all day, every day. it's their version of sport. i'm a metro area guerilla grower and the heat is on..... :)

even if you get a harvest if you don't heavily lime the clay here with the mg levels reduced you get ph burn from the clay going acidic in the heat. even though the surviving plants don't show it in the summer when you get into fall flowering you get this weird leafy, no pistils bud formation that is known as homegrown. homegrown here means nasty, leafy bull shit that did not form buds properly and won't get a fly high. ph swing imo.

many adam strains ( overly inbred French poodles kept indoors for 25 generations) don't look so pretty after they have been out in the wild for several months. :)

landraces and landrace dominate hybrids are the way to go here imo after completing 25+ years of growing an average of 5+ sites/year in this area. that's well over 100 outdoor gardens here under my belt. grew 5 years before that in an area that hemp grows so well they can't eradicate it.

the key here is bud formation during the cool, crisp sunny fall months. they do wonderfully if they get past the hot humid summers. my optimum harvest flowering window is between oct 15 and nov. 15 as after nov. 15 the sun is so low it can't drive potent bud in many strains. too early and hot humid weather spells B U D R O T.
i agree bro Icmag has really upped my game with the help from oldtimers. i agree no hardy = no harvest. since u are 36 n then u should really try the Delahaze. im just 1 lat above u and i will never grow without this strain. its a guerantee harvest of mold free buds no matter how bad it gets out. i live in the redneck area as well lol i dont like to have no strains that go past oct 15th due to deer hunters and the loss of green coverage of plants in the area. ive had strains that stuck out like a sore thumb and was just lucky no police helios flew over them

I'd still love list of plants to reach this size with this grow style. You listed pineapple chunk and spotanica. I can second blue widow, and I'd add sensi star but kinda crapshoot to get awesome guerrilla pheno. So what else you got? Done by oct 10 gets bonus points as well haha.
moondawg is from the same state as i am so alot of the strains he listed works well for me to. u should try the delahaze for some potent,1lb+ dry yeilds that will melt ur skull. ever pheno i have ever grew from paradise delahaze has been awesome. there just isnt a bad pheno in it that i have found.

ceausescu

In my experience you cant beat numbers.It also depends on climate but if you can get away with watering twice per season for big plants you might not need too water if you put out numbers.Your only work is planting and harvesting cant beat that in my opinion.
Also smaller plants are hidden with ease.But i guess there are more ways of doing it i just prefer numbers.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

^^ agreed numbers , is only way to go . 3 times what you think you,ll need . thats my motto.

Last edited: