What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the results of the 2009 4:20 cup

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Skip thanx 4 posting those scores up you just made my night....I thought I'd come last in both when I saw the quality of entries and that no-one had mentioned my strains yet...I thought u were waiting to break it too me gently..lol..
My first real Cup and I beat 3 strains by cannabis cup winning breeders with my 2 little strains sent in bashed about jiffy bags....I am really happy now! I wish I could buy you all a drink.....JBo :woohoo::joint::abduct:

gamehaze

congrats to karma genectics and ojd they seemed to have their growing perfected as the results show

i had a wicked time at the cup a bit screwing cos i only made it there on the sunday a big shout to neuroherb and mc snappler for the hospitality as i didnt know anyone there

And a big shout to capt crip for giving me the bubba kushx og kush this is my first real cali kush genectics so im really excited

thanks to the danish crew for gifting me with their outdoors sedds cant wait to do a guerrilla grow with them

And thanks to the green place for their og kush, purple kush, quaze and blue cheese all samples were outstanding

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
damn nice work guys, that amnesia has got my eye(where are those seeds available @?) so does ojd's ssdh

K

Karma Genetics

This Amnesia is related to the Cup winning cut from Hy-Pro (South Holland). It is almost the same just got a very strong bubblegum smell during flower, And in my eyes gives a litle more punch, Its not soma's amnesia haze.

No seeds. Just starting the Test fase of the Jack O Nesia which is the Amnesia crossed with my Jack#22 male.

I will send some testers to OP to give away.

REZ that SSSDH is a winner for shure I have atleast grown here out 3 times and that is some serius creeper stuff.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
incredably well priced too (Hy-Pro)

Mate! I looked at these Amnesia beans a while a go and decided they were TOO cheap and went with something else... hahaha @ me :wink:

double hahaha @ me cuz the same beans from the same guy are now priced 50 euros and not 10... I really should pay more attention :smile:

Dr. D

Veteran
Thanks for posting up the results, its good to see how us growers compare with the breeder scores..
I ws well happy with my 3rd place and even happier when i saw i came 4th overall in the indica catagory.
Does anyone know if the scores are still up from last year? be nice to compare this years with last years results....
Peace

jaybee

What about The White? Are there any seeds for that? I thought that entry was really fantastic.

Good to meet some of you. Cograts to all the winners. Karma is a great guy, very generous and kind. Nice to see good guys can come in first ;)

See you all next year.

JB

K

Karma Genetics

The White is a cut from Krome. There are crosses around. But i doubt there will ever be a IBL from it.

REZDOG

Veteran
I have The White and it is nice,but I personally wouldn't work it to IBL.
I may,in the future,breed a few hybrids,and I promised Krome that I'd release 'em really inexpensively,if ever I did.
I'm still not sure,at this point,what to recombine it with,so am just growing it,and watching.
If someone took the time,a well-thought out,out-cross to (?) and then a BX to The White might make for some nice beans.
It's always nice when "the little guys" outscore the "big names" like GHS,it always makes me :smile:
Cool on the "Amnesia" lineage,Karma,I was wondering what was what-and that's a smokin' hot looking clone ya' got there!

Cheers!

tRuKemist

Hey Rez!
Just my :2cents:
Your exquisite Hindu Kush X The White
Cool man! I just noticed you read my mind and posted this 8 days earlier! Can't wait to try that funk!

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Karma my buds and "stuff" showed up today....OJD got a puff before he left to go home but everyone was pretty much gone when it showed....

MrHaze is zoned out I think and scooting home....LOL....
Believe the hype the Fire is well,,Fire!!!

mr.haze420

Veteran
and here are the pix of the crip collection, fire, white and bubba kush, too stoned at the moment to remember which is which. you lads are going to have to work hard this next year. lol as maxwell smart said, missed it by that much.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

H

Hazyfontazy

good 420

good 420

well done to all who entered and was good meeting everyone you know who u are ,especially mosca :woohoo:about time ,bring a translator next time lol,baccass me oldest online buddy and nardo, capt crip fun as usual,big congrats to dr-d and karma ,,,

huge huge congrats to my mate ojd ,you should've won last year too ,bout bloody time ,the after party was a blast ,,i hope youve sobered up lol ,smoke out up north whenever u fancy it ,hopefully jah can come too,,

cheers to all

H

Hazyfontazy

Karma my buds and "stuff" showed up today....OJD got a puff before he left to go home but everyone was pretty much gone when it showed....

MrHaze is zoned out I think and scooting home....LOL....
Believe the hype the Fire is well,,Fire!!!

sure does look fire too ..jump on the plane to uk and we can toke it together lol

Ickis

Veteran
My Uranium Cranium Kush was a polyhybrid involving the white. The white seemed to dominate the cross even when the initial cross (by someone else) was of white x Bubba Chunk). I then crossed a male of that to Uranium Cranium and it still looked mostly white. Except it yielded more, had stronger stems and more skunk odor. It had a tad less kick. But I only planted a few seeds and got one short female and 2 taller ones.

I think I had a real good showing for something out of the cornfield. Next year something outdoors but from a stream bank. To much earthy flavor from the corn.

But I should be a good example for the average joe growing outside. You can win the cup with stuff you buy or make from seeds. Look how close I came. My score would have finished me 3rd in Breeders indica and I finished 4th in Independent Growers indica.

Mine wasn't a special cut either or it might have beat the sssdh. It was from seed. It beat most of the breeders entered regardless if sativa or indica. GreenHouse it beat all 4 entries and it beat soma's indica by 90+ points.

I didn't enter my G13'SD by Head or my Chemdog x Afghani by Hip Cat because I thought they would enter them. I think they both could have won but certainly the Hip Cat was better than what I entered although what I entered was top notch.

28 strains and I had #10 overall from seed and was very close to getting a cup trophy.

Thanks to all the private breeders and pro breeders who sell us good stuff.

K

Karma Genetics

he capt Maybe i should take train back saturday he he he.... Better late then never right. Yeh the fire is the only one i have never smoked. Hope you still enjoying yourself Capt.