What's new

The Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Act of 2012

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to say it but medical green is right. We can have as much state legalization as we want, but the fed will still continue to kick in doors until their law is changed. they are power and revenue hungry and have a willing pack of attack dogs. (militarized LEO)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
How many doors to the Fed Pig Fucks kick in? Less than 1% is my guess. Without state fuck pigs helping them out NO doors would be kicked in.

The Emperor has no clothes.

:joint:

ijim

You do make a good point. Reduce the penalties to minimums and you take away the DAs incentives to prosecute. :)
You may not be prosicuted but the arrest will still show up when you apply for anything like work, school. a home any type of background check. You still get to spend a night in jail, miss work. A cop told me a long time ago that he could arrest and charge me with anything he wanted. I would be found innocent but it would still cost me and that's what the whole system is about.

ijim

I hate to say it but medical green is right. We can have as much state legalization as we want, but the fed will still continue to kick in doors until their law is changed. they are power and revenue hungry and have a willing pack of attack dogs. (militarized LEO)

When California passed Medical Cannabis there was not much chance of others following. Now there are fifteen states with some type of med laws.Throw a pebble into the water and watch the waves spread. We have to start somewhere. The only reason for continued prohibition is for the uncanny ability for Cannabis users to stick there foot in their own mouths,.

I would be willing to bet that this initiative passes.
I would also be willing to bet the government tries their hardest to quash it, even rigging the vote machines. But, I think it stands a great chance, being sponsored by a Judge, nonetheless. Who can attack it now? Not many left to have a negative say anymore, when a Judge is sponsoring it.

Did I mention that a Judge is sponsoring it?

Did you have something negative to say about it? Tell it to 'Da Judge.

I'm hoping we have been so conditioned to accept what a judge says, that nobody will question this, because their subconscious mind trained mechanisms come into play. hehe snicker snicker.

NOW we have something worthy of a petition being circulated... WOW. Who ever wrote that did a very very good job. Congradulations to the author. I'd like to be involved in whatever effort there might be to have that put to a petition in order to get enough sigs for a vote.... I could muster some additional help from poli sci classmates too... Hit me up!

NOW we have something worthy of a petition being circulated... WOW. Who ever wrote that did a very very good job. Congradulations to the author. I'd like to be involved in whatever effort there might be to have that put to a petition in order to get enough sigs for a vote.... I could muster some additional help from poli sci classmates too... Hit me up!

We'll probably be seeing the initiative being circulated in California this summer or fall. It's a 3 month process to collect them. The sigs need to be verified by the Attorney Generals Office by a certain date before the Nov. 2012 election, probably June 15 or so.

The initiative will probably pay between .50 and $1.50 a signature for those who help collect them. Personally, I will be helping out with this project, although I know it will make it onto the ballot with enough sigs. If there are good people behind it, and the initiative is liked, it will gather funds to pay for quality sigs, and this will help keep us all out there.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Won't this expose my teenagers to dangerous marijuana?

How would you adress the worries of middle-age parents with teenage children? The voting block that sunk Prop19.

I would tell those parents to talk to their kids and ask them if they could go to school tomorrow and get some marijuana. Now ask them if they could go to school and get alcohol just as easily.

By regulating marijuana you make it harder for those under age to obtain it.

I would also tell them to do some research and find out how many teens died from marijuana in the last decade and then do the same research for alcohol and prescription pills.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When California passed Medical Cannabis there was not much chance of others following. Now there are fifteen states with some type of med laws.Throw a pebble into the water and watch the waves spread. We have to start somewhere. The only reason for continued prohibition is for the uncanny ability for Cannabis users to stick there foot in their own mouths,.

cant argue with that