What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Real Deal AC/DC 20:1 CBD:THC

jefe noche

Jefe... are you juicing the leaves after flower? Maybe this is a dumb question ... but the reason I am asking is I am wondering if the cbd compounds develope earlier in the plants.. and if you can test for them in the leaves... maybe thinking about identifying plants with the cbd genes earlier along while trying to produce cbd strains... again maybe this is a really dumb question... =[

Yes we juice our AC/DC leaves. They show the same profile 20:1 cbd-a to thc-a. Great for an anti inflammitory. The precursor cbd and thc acids are the tellers. I know most lads can check for this.:biggrin:

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.midnightfarmsclones.com/latest-news/

Suzy Q – Available Soon [From blurb by Dark Heart Nursery]

Suzy Q is our third low THC / high CBD strain. It won’t get you very high (if at all), but it’s excellent for treating chronic pain, anxiety and Inflammation. This strain is ideal for concentrate manufacturers and anyone who wants pain relief without the psychoactive effect that THC provides.
August 20, 2015News

There is a picture of Suzy Q at the URL above, very little THC

[" If you’re not familiar with CBD: “Cannabidiol—CBD—is a cannabis compound that has significant medical benefits, but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC. The fact that CBD-rich cannabis is non-psychoactive or less psychoactive than THC-dominant strains makes it an appealing option for patients looking for relief from inflammation, pain, anxiety, psychosis, seizures, spasms, and other conditions without disconcerting feelings of lethargy or dysphoria.

Scientific and clinical research—much of it sponsored by the US government—underscores CBD’s potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, MS, chronic pain, schizophrenia, PTSD, depression, antibiotic-resistant infections, epilepsy, and other neurological disorders. CBD has demonstrable neuroprotective and neurogenic effects, and its anti-cancer properties are currently being investigated at several academic research centers in the United States and elsewhere.” (source: Project CBD) "]

Last edited:

jump /injack

Veteran
That's correct... No high. There's a light-headedness at first that fades quickly from the small amount of THC present, one possibly from one of the other Cannabinoids.

My wife has bad insomnia and has tried everything. A bowl of AC/DC before bed and she sleeps like a baby all night.

Another family member has extreme anxiety, especially in large groups. This stuff knocks it right out. It's so subtle though that you don't even realize you ever had the anxiety to begin with. It really works and the anti-anxiety effect seem to last days.

As for crossing with stronger stuff... Why not just do a blend? With this and something else you could blend any ratio you want.

@Ronnie correct. I've read it's a high-cbd pheno of cannatonic.

Most people who will be hitting AC/DC and the like will be doing it for medical problems such as myself, I'm growing it for a preventative. I've already found that if I do an alcohol extraction on a cannabis with a high THC content I can use this for an arthritic thumb and a foot that seems like its on fire and has a feeling like the bones are coming through the skin [Neuropathy]. A few drops of the palliative on those areas rubbed in gets rid of all pain and discomfort plus a few drops on a bowl in my volcano kicks the punch very high [the alcohol dissipates within 5 sec if you let it run without the bag on.] and you sleep very well indeed. The medical benefits from CBD are actually a combination of the CBD and THC and it the ratio between the two that makes the magic for the individual user [this is only my interpretation of what I've read]. I plan on blending this AC/DC with another cannabis with THC in order to get the optimum effect for my individual usage and can do it with a gram scale. Anyone out there doing this yet? Its been done for years with tobacco blends why not with cannabis?

jefe noche

Most people who will be hitting AC/DC and the like will be doing it for medical problems such as myself, I'm growing it for a preventative. I've already found that if I do an alcohol extraction on a cannabis with a high THC content I can use this for an arthritic thumb and a foot that seems like its on fire and has a feeling like the bones are coming through the skin [Neuropathy]. A few drops of the palliative on those areas rubbed in gets rid of all pain and discomfort plus a few drops on a bowl in my volcano kicks the punch very high [the alcohol dissipates within 5 sec if you let it run without the bag on.] and you sleep very well indeed. The medical benefits from CBD are actually a combination of the CBD and THC and it the ratio between the two that makes the magic for the individual user [this is only my interpretation of what I've read]. I plan on blending this AC/DC with another cannabis with THC in order to get the optimum effect for my individual usage and can do it with a gram scale. Anyone out there doing this yet? Its been done for years with tobacco blends why not with cannabis?

Right now I am crossing AC/DC with Purple Urkle. It will hopefully give her some structure.

CoCoSativas

I want to smoke this acdc thing for curiosity sake...

Bongstar420

Just select plants that don't get you high..the reason CBD is rare is because almost all growers want to get high and so to their clients.

There are many ways to test for Cannabinoids in Cannabis. The most commonly used nowadays is chromatography. Most labs use either Gas Chromatography (GC) of High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC). There are home Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) kits one can purchase and use also from the safety of their own home. Alternatively if it's grown properly and looks nice and crystally and doesn't get you high that can be an indicator of CBD.

Bongstar420

Have a few thousand 1:1's off ACDC now. Mostly all ACDC phenotypes with better growth traits like being less flopy and with more kushy flower structure.

BX seeds maturing now. Will establish some males and create new IBL's for CBD.

Notice I get +1%CBC. It is the pheno, but the vast majority of people won't see it because I have proprietary grow techniques that are not on the market. Also, its unlikely many would ever see 20%. The second best example in the state for this cut was 16% from a 30 year grow vet.

A note about CBD...the CBD version of any strain is usually lower yielding by weight and potency. The mixed chemotype plants are usually similar in yield and potency vs high THC chemotypes. As for the inheritance patterns, its not monogenic. Highly bred, high yielding, high potency cannabis is di and tri genic with THC/CBD synthase. There are also modifier genes and precursor genes that also effect the plants final ratio. But, yes, you can usually expect something around a 1:2:1 in the f2's...but be warned. This is like sex inheritance. People think that is monogenic, but I just did a test BX on something derived from a herm and found 20/22 males. That is not "chance." There has to be a modifier in there. Will see what the two females do.

I might be a medical grower, but I can periodically grow 36 seedlings and toss them out before flower while maintaining my grow with 16 seedlings and 18 matures. Its not ideal, but you can see enough to tell if you might wanna see flower on a couple. I definitely bin crosses that don't meet early veg specs.

http://www.midnightfarmsclones.com/latest-news/

Suzy Q – Available Soon [From blurb by Dark Heart Nursery]

Suzy Q is our third low THC / high CBD strain. It won’t get you very high (if at all), but it’s excellent for treating chronic pain, anxiety and Inflammation. This strain is ideal for concentrate manufacturers and anyone who wants pain relief without the psychoactive effect that THC provides.
August 20, 2015News

There is a picture of Suzy Q at the URL above, very little THC

[" If you’re not familiar with CBD: “Cannabidiol—CBD—is a cannabis compound that has significant medical benefits, but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC. The fact that CBD-rich cannabis is non-psychoactive or less psychoactive than THC-dominant strains makes it an appealing option for patients looking for relief from inflammation, pain, anxiety, psychosis, seizures, spasms, and other conditions without disconcerting feelings of lethargy or dysphoria.

Scientific and clinical research—much of it sponsored by the US government—underscores CBD’s potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, MS, chronic pain, schizophrenia, PTSD, depression, antibiotic-resistant infections, epilepsy, and other neurological disorders. CBD has demonstrable neuroprotective and neurogenic effects, and its anti-cancer properties are currently being investigated at several academic research centers in the United States and elsewhere.” (source: Project CBD) "]

ACDC is female only. Did you reverse her? I was unable to do it as she is highly stable. In proper breeding terminology, the notation goes like this:

female x male

or

female x pollen donor

It gets more complicated, but thats GMO stuff. Not conventional breeding.

Expect ACDC dominant offspring and do f2's to find your CBD Urkles. You will need a lot since its around 1:2:1 and your keeper ration is probably 1/10. So for 10 high CBD's to choose from, you need 80 plants if they are normal sex and 40 if they are all female. If you going for more than just Urkle flavor, I suggest you double those numbers.

Now you know why "medical" rules are in the way of developing actual medicine legally. we are talking 100's of plants for 1-3 cuts. Most of the "successful" growers are doing this or they wouldn't be "successful." That is to say, they are knowingly breaking production rules and lying about how they accomplish their goals

Think about the GG#4 story. After having ran the cut or its S1, there is no way it wasn't selected out of 100's or 1000's of plants. Its too big, tasty, potent, and pesticide resistant when compared to other Cannabis strains to not be. Doing test crosses not to ascertain its status as a fluke or the result of generations of breeding. The uniformity of the offspring will show the truth, and I have a nice male I've done dozens of crosses with who has fairly predictable influences...and from the way the seed is, GG is probably bred to be bred. I've never seen seed do 100% germ 5 days after harvest. Usually, the seed needs 2-4 weeks to rest before germ gets to full potential, and those are highly bred varieties. Also GG seed has a weird trait where 30% of the seed is cracked open at harvest. They won't store well for sure. The trait is from the female not my male as he is tried and true for me. I suggest people use the GG as the female if they are looking to keep the monster yields. I suspect there are mitochondrial influences here. Careful with the herms though. She probably saw many generations of female only crosses and therefore would always have the mild herm trait. Mine popped 1 banana off a lb first run due to a timer fritzing and messing up the light cycles. The line I have my prize male from never bananas under any condition, though I haven't tried hormonal reversing yet.

Nice one there!! Would love to see some pics. I just made urkle x ac/dc!! Gonna be fun!!

Attachments

• ACDC.pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I'm at 7.5 weeks with my current grow and this AC/DC plant doesn't look close to being done yet like my past 2 grows. All of the calyxs are all still white/light green. The only thing I changed was the watering regimen which I upped from one watering a day to 2 and then eventually 3 times a day during flower (coco grow). I also have been adding some insect frass to one of the watering a every couple weeks.

EastCoast710

actually just started to look into high cbd stuff because I haven't been able to smoke nearly enough.. my nerve pain in my leg is so god damn bad.. and cannabis in small doses is ok. but.. I need pain relief. and this inflamed nerve to calm down.. wondering whats my best chances with seed? and who should I buy from?

Ronni

no, as far as i know there are just a few clone only strains offering high cbd low thc. thanks for reading

actually just started to look into high cbd stuff because I haven't been able to smoke nearly enough.. my nerve pain in my leg is so god damn bad.. and cannabis in small doses is ok. but.. I need pain relief. and this inflamed nerve to calm down.. wondering whats my best chances with seed? and who should I buy from?

Good luck finding seeds. It's a desert for high CBD low THC seeds.

had no trouble finding over 100 different strains of high cbd and got beans for quite a few of them. plenty out there:comfort:

no, as far as i know there are just a few clone only strains offering high cbd low thc. thanks for reading

Lyfespan, There may be 100's of hybrids that contain cbd in the genetics, but it is a desert as Mednugs says when it comes to finding truebreeding high cbd - low thc strains. When I say low thc I mean close to Zero. The stuff that epilepsy patients and politicians are talking about.

I listed about 50 cbd enriched strains here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301474

Out of those there are 3 or 4 that claim high cbd - low thc:

#1 is G5... it is from Turkey and collected by Hortapharm and used by GW Pharmaceuticals in making Sativex. I doubt these are available to the public.

#2 is Otto II by Centennial Seeds. Their claim is that it is high cbd low thc hybrid that is truebreeding. I cant find any grow threads or information or sales for this strain. As far as I know it is only available in Colorado, if it is avaiable.

#3 is Therapy by the CBD crew. They claim...."from a random test of 10 of these 90 seed plants all came back under 0.35% THC and all above 5-8% CBD" This seed strain isn't available to the public just yet.

#4 would be MedTree seeds by member EcTraveler. He has a few different breedings producing high cbd low thc. As far as I know these are only available in California.

If you are willing to run some numbers and do a pheno hunt, then there are a few other strains that will produce high cbd low thc phenos, but the majority of cbd strains out there are going to be close to 1:1 ratios.

-pH

Lyfespan

Lyfespan, There may be 100's of hybrids that contain cbd in the genetics, but it is a desert as Mednugs says when it comes to finding truebreeding high cbd - low thc strains. When I say low thc I mean close to Zero. The stuff that epilepsy patients and politicians are talking about.

I listed about 50 cbd enriched strains here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301474

Out of those there are 3 or 4 that claim high cbd - low thc:

#1 is G5... it is from Turkey and collected by Hortapharm and used by GW Pharmaceuticals in making Sativex. I doubt these are available to the public.

#2 is Otto II by Centennial Seeds. Their claim is that it is high cbd low thc hybrid that is truebreeding. I cant find any grow threads or information or sales for this strain. As far as I know it is only available in Colorado, if it is avaiable.

#3 is Therapy by the CBD crew. They claim...."from a random test of 10 of these 90 seed plants all came back under 0.35% THC and all above 5-8% CBD" This seed strain isn't available to the public just yet.

#4 would be MedTree seeds by member EcTraveler. He has a few different breedings producing high cbd low thc. As far as I know these are only available in California.

If you are willing to run some numbers and do a pheno hunt, then there are a few other strains that will produce high cbd low thc phenos, but the majority of cbd strains out there are going to be close to 1:1 ratios.

-pH
had no issues getting all of the SOHUM cbd catalog, resinseeds cannatonic, cbd crew yummy and gsc, critical mass mrnice/cdbcrew, paradise seeds durga mattaII and nebulaII,hurkle,and sour tsuXquerkle by TGA, i know theres a few im forgetting but the seeds are out there. and i do understand these arent tested cuts as well. well the cbd crew gsc has tests