What's new

The REAL "Banana OG" from Original "OrgnKid" Genetics

Randy Lahey

Ooops....Wrong link....

Week 11 Macro Shot. :laughing:

picture.php

DrPimpNugs

the phenotype ratio refers to the relative ratio of phenotypes found in the progeny... a common ratio is 9/3/3/1 and I believe that is for a heterozygous dihyrid cross if I remember correctly from off the top of my head.

so with higher ratios of desired phenotypes comes less variation... sort of... as it depend on what traits you are breeding for, if you breed only for final quality then you could have high ratios of plants expressing your desired phenotype but still have massive amounts of variation among the traits you didn't select for (say growth structure, leaf shape, bud structure, flowering time etc etc).

why would you start your project with only one S1 seed? using one clone self crossed can produce thousands of S1's... you grow a bunch of the S1's and select the best from the S1 generation to make the S2's

you made my mind think in ways, it would not have otherwise.

I am working with one s1 because it's a bagseed I found in a really good batch of real thin mints, which is rare. Since it's all I have to work with I have to make the most of it and bring out whatevers in the line before it, if it' isn't the pheno that I want.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you made my mind think in ways, it would not have otherwise.

I am working with one s1 because it's a bagseed I found in a really good batch of real thin mints, which is rare. Since it's all I have to work with I have to make the most of it and bring out whatevers in the line before it, if it' isn't the pheno that I want.

ah I see, when that is the case I guess that is the only option.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OrganicKids BananaOG was a hyb and also Kush dom...and yes its still out there...IMO/E the plants you show are over ferted..clawing so expressions will vary allot as expression is 50%genetic + 50% enviro = 100% expression....if that doesn't offend you...Kushes dont need a ton of N and also pref a bit less acidic conditions...they love Phoz tho..
but no matter what...it should smell like BananaTaffy candy and smoke like a OGkush...cause thats what BananaOG is...
BTW its not a hijack when others are trying to help you understand simple things...specially when you start by saying its the REal this or that and dont even show well grown plants...
your plants are starting to rot also if you dont know yet...gl
FOE20

Attachments

• BanaOG_blm2_05-12-11.jpg
    BanaOG_blm2_05-12-11.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 74
  • BanaOGhead2_01-30-10.jpg
    BanaOGhead2_01-30-10.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 72

Randy Lahey

Man you guys like to (passive-aggresively "nit pick") .... Just let there be :ying: OKAY already? I mean we are looking at something we both Love, Riiiight?? :biggrin: I just marked that as the thread title becuz I saw the packet it came in and my friend gave me the rest of them. Sometimes people make-up what they have here. So I figured serious growers and/or newbies interested in seeing what to look for if they think they might have the same Strain by seeing the bud formations in the pics I got up. Yes I had some public confusion about terminology given by to me by another "ICMager" that I havenow been corrected on. I understand now that my seeds being made from this now are going to be (F2 Hybrid) Seeds and not (IBL1) seeds.

Also....The reason it is so low in (N) is the 2.83 L container that shes in at 91CM tall. The yellowing is from (P) in the flowering cycle cuz she's a Caroteninsis Variety Hybrid with mild Anthocyanin production (purpling) underneath the sugar leaves in the last fews weeks of harvesting. The curled leaves have to do with my strict underwatering policy to simulate drier regions of warm climates and thicker soil due to amounts of Clay. Earth is not always gonna give you a perfect looking plant if you stick it there and let it be to survive on it's own. You might not get rain for two weeks. And if you aren't going back to water them, they will be curled or drooping or maybe even just plain dead. So really ur just expressing that you don't like my method of Organic Growing Practices. But hey, the results smoke for themselves hun... & to each their own right?? :biggrin:

But I promise you this......
It's really potent fruity hashy awesomeness! Even the way I have grown it Sir!:tiphat:

banana

banana

your not gonna get great results with one male one female i would S1 the female if it is any good . males are hard to predict what they will pass down the line. i do love this strain though and i would like to see some one really work this line further

Randy Lahey

So my run with this awesome Hybrid Genetic goes as follows...

BANANA OG
F1 Male plant: Dead
F1 Female plant:Dead

Seeds Collected are F2's

Without the mother F1 of BAN.OG to cross back into from the F2's, would it just be best for me to use a strong F2 mother best resembling the original F1 Mother and another Male of a 20%+ variety, or run F3's back into the strongest F2 collected?

So my run with this awesome Hybrid Genetic goes as follows...

BANANA OG
F1 Male plant: Dead
F1 Female plant:Dead

Seeds Collected are F2's

Without the mother F1 of BAN.OG to cross back into from the F2's, would it just be best for me to use a strong F2 mother best resembling the original F1 Mother and another Male of a 20%+ variety, or run F3's back into the strongest F2 collected?
I Would say give those f2s a good look, there could be something better than the f1s imo.might as well start with the best, right?from that point I would advance the filial a gen or two while bottlenecking the undesirable traits out by breeding with desirable and similar parents.at that point I would back cross it,to further lock in your desired traits and move closer to your goal.great strain to work.i scored mine in cali from a dispensary he occasionally drops clones at.it was at the top of my bucket list, and going into bloom in two weeks.i will get some pics up for you.best of luck

How many posts do i have to have before I can post pics?she's got more of an og stature to her.my buddy just got his SFV cut through the same source

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beware of rhetorical questions

how do you go about identifying recessive traits in a plant?

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
someone really needs to make some S1's of the original cut or make some f2's of the seeds that were going around...been searching for it along with other people.HH. =]-~

est1977

i actually have Banana OG S1 seeds and are not opposed to throwing em up for the server fund. Have some other goodies in the vault as well