What's new

The Re-Invention of MileHighGuy

MileHighGuy

Veteran
WalMart Box Fan is now in the tent running on low.

Turns out the temperature with the light on is perfect, If I turn the 6" In line fan on, the temps are too cold... lol, I guess I'll just leave it off until I get another light or two in there.

I through my digital thermometer in there today to record the high/low, I'm worried about lights off during the day, I think it may still be to cold. So I shall find out very soon.

The plants are loving their new light :)

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Dude, congrats on the new gear! Can't wait to see what you do with it :D

I am upgrading to a new bigger tent w/ 600W as well, got everything but the light. I'll get that next week, then I'll be as excited as you seem to be, hehe!

Nice Mang, What Kind of setup are you gonna go with? Vertical, CoolTube, Hood...???

:thank you:And thanks for the congrats, I'm still really excited, I've never had two tents at once, I'm really Really Really Stoked to Be going perpetual, I hate having dry spells, even with good friends and wholesale prices it's always better to smoke your own.

:jump::wave:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
And one more thing... Since I'm going organic, and I'll have plenty of room, I've decided not to defoliate, and may not even touch them the whole grow... but you never know, I might have to.

Any input here? I've always pulled a few leaves off here and there and trimmed a mountain of leaves off every few weeks, except for right after I switch to flower.

Anyone think I'm going to lower my yield significantly by not trimming?

M

mugenbao

Nice Mang, What Kind of setup are you gonna go with? Vertical, CoolTube, Hood...???

:thank you:And thanks for the congrats, I'm still really excited, I've never had two tents at once, I'm really Really Really Stoked to Be going perpetual, I hate having dry spells, even with good friends and wholesale prices it's always better to smoke your own.

:jump::wave:
I've got an air-cooled hood and am going to run horizontal, pretty boring plain-Jane run. At least at first :D

I'm interested in trying vert, but I just really like the way plants look and grow under horizontal lighting. It's just a personal thing, I guess. I may try vert some time in the near future just to see how I like it, though.

And yeah, smoking your own is the best. Bar none.
:dance013::joint: :dance013:

M

mugenbao

And one more thing... Since I'm going organic, and I'll have plenty of room, I've decided not to defoliate, and may not even touch them the whole grow... but you never know, I might have to.

Any input here? I've always pulled a few leaves off here and there and trimmed a mountain of leaves off every few weeks, except for right after I switch to flower.

Anyone think I'm going to lower my yield significantly by not trimming?
I often defoliate to some extent, especially when things get crowded. A couple cycles ago I decided to run two clones of Blue Satellite 2.2 side-by-side, one with moderately heavy defoliation and one without any. Same soil, both hooked to the same Blumat reservoir, under the same light. Literally side-by-side. To be honest, I didn't notice any significant difference in yield. Perhaps the defoliated one took a little longer to finish, but not drastically. I think some of the lower buds on the defoliated plant were a little chunkier if I remember right, but it wasn't enough to wow me. I probably should have documented it, but it was just a lark to see if I noticed any big difference. Not a very conclusive test, but the defol plant didn't really wow me compared to her sister. I think from now on I'll do it sparingly, and mostly when needed for air circulation or light penetration, but not to the extent that the folks in the defol thread do it.

In your place, I'd try going a whole cycle without touching the plants on the first run of the tent (unless needed of course), to get a feel for the "baseline". Then experiment from there :D

MileHighGuy

Veteran
OH Snap!!! I checked my temps this morning about 3 hours after lights off and the temps were dipping below 50, so I ran to Wally World and grabbed and Radiator... metal heater thingy, it looked like the best value for 36 bucks and it is working like a champ.

Hmmm... Yep, I'll go take a picture BRB

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I often defoliate to some extent, especially when things get crowded. A couple cycles ago I decided to run two clones of Blue Satellite 2.2 side-by-side, one with moderately heavy defoliation and one without any. Same soil, both hooked to the same Blumat reservoir, under the same light. Literally side-by-side. To be honest, I didn't notice any significant difference in yield. Perhaps the defoliated one took a little longer to finish, but not drastically. I think some of the lower buds on the defoliated plant were a little chunkier if I remember right, but it wasn't enough to wow me. I probably should have documented it, but it was just a lark to see if I noticed any big difference. Not a very conclusive test, but the defol plant didn't really wow me compared to her sister. I think from now on I'll do it sparingly, and mostly when needed for air circulation or light penetration, but not to the extent that the folks in the defol thread do it.

In your place, I'd try going a whole cycle without touching the plants on the first run of the tent (unless needed of course), to get a feel for the "baseline". Then experiment from there :D

Crazy I don't know how I didn't see this post earlier... oh well,

Thanks for the advice, I think that's what I'm going to do. I have always defoliated for air flow and to prevent PM or bugs, but it doesn't seem very organic to me... lol so we will see how this round turns out without any touching, something I wasn't quite capable of my first few rounds... I had to be in there touching all the time, don't get me wrong, I still check everyday, but I'm more confident and can spot problems faster.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
It was about 65 with lights off and the heater on medium in the tent... and about 75 with lights on and heater on low.... Perfect

picture.php

Mmmmm... Sweet Tooth Still waiting for her to show

picture.php

picture.php

The Veg Room, soon to be Clone, Mom... and Veg room

picture.php

calientecarlos

Veteran
Effin Ay man! Like the progress:) I had to do same ish with my tent bc it was gettin too cold. Love the oil heaters for sho!!! Keep er up dude!!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
6 Days in :)

6 Days in :)

NOTICE: ALL OF THESE PICTURES WILL HAVE A HORRIBLE HPS GLOW TO THEM, THE PLANTS ARE GREEN AND HEALTHIER THAN EVER. Just think luscious and beautiful.

picture.php

The 3 Blue Hash are front row, the 2 C99 are behind

The Blue Hash in the middle is so damn symmetrical, has very vigorous growth since birth and has had almost zero nutrient issues while the rest of the plants have had issues in the first few weeks.

picture.php

Back Door and now the C99's are up front

picture.php

C99 Sativa Looking and Beautiful

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
molecule-machine.jpg

Just hooked up my PhatFilter.

STOKED, they were already starting to reek and now it smells like pure clean air :)

MileHighGuy

Veteran
ahhh 20 minutes til lights on in the flower room.... I can hardly wait everyday to see what they look like... and so far I've resisted the temptation to touch them to much.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
UPDATE:

First things first. My Sweet Tooth #4IBL... you know that last one I have... IS A FEMALE!!!
I Now have a female and a male :)

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a Close up of a C99 Girl, going Crazy on day 8 :)

picture.php

These are the 4 SMALLEST cuttings that I could Find on my Blue Hash Monster Lady.

picture.php

All Trimmed down and ready to root, 4 Blue Hash and 3 C99. I'll Mom Both for sure.

picture.php

All 5 in Flower just Stretching for the moon

picture.php

New Filter Setup, this thing WORKS

picture.php

THE Big Sexy BLUE hash Bitch doing her thing

picture.php