What's new

The Prodigal Son

Nspecta

Veteran
Hey Hella...good lookin' show man. :dance013:

Me & our big homie were just reminiscing the other day about how you tried chasing down the ten speed bandito back in the day...damn that Danimal. :bat:

DocZ

Incredible work Hella! :dance013:
You put the UP in "scale-up" :jawdrop: OG projects were just a warm-up, eh?
I just cracked up when I saw the pic of those round nuggets dumping out of the triminator...:woohoo:
Much more realistic production from space and lighting than others who claim high dry weights but we know they're all wet...Can't call BS on this show tho...:respect: Maybe just upgrade to the latest LED tech? I don't think so....
Nah; you just need to spend more time on yur Macro Photo skills...yeh right...
I just might plan a trip over to Cali and visit..used to pick berries out by the Mendo cliffs when I was over there in the 80's; and always stopped to chat with the Rasta in the bushes! See ya'!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Sick of bendin' 'n stoopin'. This is gonna be down there forever, everything with a single glance! [one for each 20+ft res]
picture.php

That's what happens when they stretch, took out some of the smaller weaker one's and gonna spread them out into their final homes...
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
At the disabled fellas place...

Forgot to take pix of all the transplant before we left tonight...
1/2 the bulbs I got have to be returned tomorrow cause they gave me a box of the wrong spectrum, so you will end up seeing it fully gassed up and rockin' tomorrow prolly after EVERYTHING is all done...
picture.php

The pulley rig so he can raise and lower lights effortlessly; it's essentially a block 'n tackle but spread out to the four corners instead of in one place, an extremely light, light to manipulate! ;)
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
Thanks for all the thumbs-up's and high-five's everybody!
This has been a long time coming with lots of brainstorming and preparation so validation from my peers is GREAT!

This isn't just a grow 'n show or anything, if anyone has any questions, ideas, constructive criticism, thoughts, complaints or recommendations, I would love to hear them and start a nice dialogue!
Feel free to post pix and everything, I'm not possessive of "my thread" so don't be shy!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The girls definitely doing the talking, excellent love my friend, it shows!

Nice pulley set up, what spectrum floro's were you going to use?

If i recall these are blackberry og plants?

HellaFella420

Veteran
Those T-8's have a 50/50 split of 3000k and 6400k bulbs.

Makes for a decently blended spectrum..
picture.php

I'm gonna continue to refer to it as just plain "Blackberry," it's obvious to me that its the same plant I was familiar with 5+ years ago before I left the area...

People were maximizing its potential a long time ago, I believe because of the Kush craze, some guy along the way took to calling it "BlackBerry Kush" to try and make an extra hundred bucks along the way.

It offers NOTHING in common with any Kush's (that I'm familiar with at least) flavor profile, scent characteristics, or growth patterns. I'm down to be shown or proven different, but there's no shame in this plant without the "Kush" nomenclature. It's very capable in its own right!

DocZ

Nice Racks!

Nice Racks!

Hey Hella,
I see the experience in the design! :tiphat: Nice racks for both yur clones and drying- maybe you could save some indoor space and combine the two, if the temp & humidity could be controlled ...just an idea from doing the same with limited space here.
I still use T8's (but only 4 footers). I have all my clone, veg, and the main flowering room on one 20A circuit...maxed out! Why I added "weird colored lights" to my 800 watts of HID.
:biggrin:
Take care o them kush babies!
lookin good!

Last edited:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I click your thread and my jaw drops every time. This is coming from a man who has only taken plants to harvest thre or four times. I work in a 3x3 tent!!!

I love the grow but have nothing to add besides, " fuck yeah dude. Your crush on a major scale".

Speechless bro......baked, but totally I'm awe :thank you:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm gonna continue to refer to it as just plain "Blackberry," it's obvious to me that its the same plant I was familiar with 5+ years ago before I left the area...

People were maximizing its potential a long time ago, I believe because of the Kush craze, some guy along the way took to calling it "BlackBerry Kush" to try and make an extra hundred bucks along the way.

It offers NOTHING in common with any Kush's (that I'm familiar with at least) flavor profile, scent characteristics, or growth patterns. I'm down to be shown or proven different, but there's no shame in this plant without the "Kush" nomenclature. It's very capable in its own right!

Thanks for answering.

So you hear blackberry kush and I hear blackberry og all day.

Any difference? Sweet buds with amber trichs. Dense and big with awesome purple tones but not fully purple. Very strong body high with a clear head high. Not much of a head change but delicious and a great body vibe. smooth smoke and mellow flavors and epic bag appeal.

Btw you are killin it on this thread, stoked I spotted this treasure.

If you don't mind, i'll be tuning in to enjoy your great work :tiphat:

:smoweed:

-LC

HellaFella420

Veteran
Once this train picks up a 'lil more speed both of those sets of racks are kinda gonna always be full ;) At least that's the plan so far!

These are all 4 ft T-8's as well, I just mounted them end to end for space requirements, so they are essentially 8 ft 'ers, just WAY easier to manipulate!

Sorry DocZ those LED comments were pure trollage, I found myself entertained for like 30 sec and went for it!

Don't sweat it budman! I started many moons ago, in the laundry nook off the kitchen of an apartment I rented, no more then 2 miles from where I currently sit!

Sounds like you nailed it there Larry! One and the same....
Kinda non-descript, hashy and full-lunged smoke... Fat frosty nugs with a simple, but very sweet, welcoming aroma.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin real nice bruh.
awesome work,room look tip top.
peace-T-

DocZ

These are all 4 ft T-8's as well, I just mounted them end to end for space requirements, so they are essentially 8 ft 'ers, just WAY easier to manipulate!

Sorry DocZ those LED comments were pure trollage, I found myself entertained for like 30 sec and went for it!

No Prob Hella, :biggrin:
I actually agree with some, like MrX's claims that I believed....U called BS; and yur probly right!
Standard lengths rule, especially for lamps; I bought some more shoplights today- less than 13/ea at Home Despot for a Lithonia "green box". Good choice for T8 spectrum mix, BTW! Ya' go for those "weird lamp colors" too...of the white kind! :)
Killin' it!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Been "sidetracked" on like 7 different projects, of all kinds, not just 'erb. And have been putting off finishing the build on the other two rooms to complete the construction here that will allow us to try and undertake the schedule I devised...

But I can't wait to do all the figurin' and measurin' so I can decide where to swap out for them Inda-Gro 420's in the system...

picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
Wow, have taken a "week off" while they are just chugging away and bulking up...

I've finally had soooo much time to accomplish other things around the house!

I got 20+ fruit trees planted, 4 blueberries, and 4 raspberries. Strawberries are next!
picture.php

Refinished a WW2 era tiki-bar I got from my grandpa...
picture.php

Mowed the yard, etc.... but I digress:

Ordered these a week or so ago, had to super special order them, Store said distributor didn't have enough to fill the whole order, they had to contact factory or what not to see what their current inventory was. Turn out we were ordering exactly 1/2 of N. America's current supply of 16 bulb fixtures? For some reason I assumed they would have HUNDREDS!
picture.php

Next task.......assembly, that the only downside to these, they aren't in a big housing thingy, they are much more lightweight, but flimsier and you have to assemble them yourself, not jsut open a box and plug-in. I worked from 3pm to about 830pm straight, and stopped cause I was 1/2 way done with all of them and sore/tired.
picture.php

Thems ALOT of shiny!, these are advertised as "glass coated" aluminum reflectors?
picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
Hadn't actually done the math yet, but it seems this many T5 really adds up!
Just a smidg over 10kw worth of fluor's!

........pretty sure we have the capacity, there's an 8k panel in each room, gotta add up the house total though, might have to run them opposite 12/12 from the HPS.

Time to start moving on to the Inda-Gro's, LED's, and Plasma's to see what kinda power savings we can realize with these new technologies!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't wait to hit your level.

Thats fuckin bad ass, buying half of Americans supplies :D

How's all that blackberry?