What's new

The PRINCESS DIESEL GROW: a long time comin'. . .

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
Looks good man, I'm sure the diesels will stink up soon, mine always laid low for a while and then POW..lol. :)

Stop by my grow and check it when you get a chance, it's lonely over there ;) :tiphat:

multi strain?! shit ya i'll be over there faster than you can fart dude!!!

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
ITS TIME!!!

ITS TIME!!!

working hard taking those oh so necessary cuts that im gonna need for the next couple of runs!! gonna start out with the flower cab first and then the veg cab tomorrow. first up the cuts. . .

heres the first batch, real simple just a cup of perilite with some nuted water. just cut, stick in, transport and done!
picture.php

then the second batch
picture.php

got a total of 34 in all now, besides the three that were in the new cloner already

plants themselves are doing so gorgeous ,and im expecting truly wonderful things from this strain/grow. here they are in all their glory. .
picture.php

as i said before the tallest one, at teh last update was 17" and is now 21" !! big damned leap and going strong. these side branches are crazy and i can see why/ how they can become main colas.
picture.php

the shortest one is 10", thats only an inch difference from the last update. i was gonna keep that particular one as a mom, but im seeing what this strain can be and produce and yes, ive gotten greedy!!

picture.php

it may be a problem to do a SOG, but i would give it a shot just for the hell of it. its cray how the side branches have the potential to become main colas themselves, just plain crazy!! and that crooked signature main trunk/stem just provides for all the stability it needs to pack on the weight

picture.php

i pretty much rearranged all of them , giving them more space to spread out it and have those side branches take advantage all that light that in there. 400MH for 9 plants, eh i'll be ok with that. i already see that im probably gonna have to raise the shorter ones because of characteristics alone.

picture.php

a truly truly wonderful plant inDEED !! so far the clones/cuts are on 18/6, the flower cab was also 18/6 but switched that to 12/12 today so needless to say the watch is on. next two weeks i expect to see a good amount of hairs and trichs. its a 8 week strain, if im not mistaken, so needless to say im gonna be on top of things with the updates and such.

well that about covers the flowering cab for now. will have more pics of the cloner setup tomorrow. next update is gonna be 3/15/10 so stay tuned!!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Looks like things are coming along nicely, Friend! I have two beans of PD freshly popped so hopefully in good time I'll be looking at some fat bushy ladies too! Keep us posted man :joint:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Howzit you two ;)... Your gurls are looking suuuuuuweeeeet!!! nice healthy happy gurls.. looks like the work yer puttin in will definitely pay off.. peace n puffs.

sackO

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
OLD CONCEPT, NEW LOOK!!!

OLD CONCEPT, NEW LOOK!!!

as most of you know i had started a thread about my hydro grow, or the attempt thereof. i spent the money, the time, energy and backed out due to conditions in my grow space not being under my optimal control.

so i decided to atleast keep my bubble cloner, until even that started to go awry as well, once again mainly due to temp fluctuations that would constantly have me in the grow room and bitting my nails!!! got real tired of that real quick, so heres the new cloner i put in. . .

simple,. easy and most of all low tech!!! lol as most of you seasoned growers know by now, damn near anything that has perilite of vermiculite in it as a cloner, i on the wicking principle and i have to say it does work quite well
picture.php

so far ive got about 13 clones of that CITIZEN X strain i was tellin you guys about, that i actually had to save from the last cloner, and a few PRINCESS DIESEL cuts i salvaged from a mom that wasnt doin too well because of the cold temps.
(leftside)
picture.php

(rightside)
picture.php

well im sure most of you have seen that 72 spot tray with the square spaces in it, and they also have a tray where the spots are more conical in shape, no real big difference though

and here' the new tray atleast half way filled!!! ive got 34 cuts in there including the original three from the mom i am trying to save
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=15178&
pictureid=319947

the other cuts are ready to bust out of the cups as well, but i pray they can just hold on until the first run is complete, but i dont now if its gonna happen! lol

heres a pic of then and now. . .

then. . .(3/5/10)
picture.php

now.. .(3/8/10)
picture.php

like i said, i hope they can hold on for a lil while. for these grows i really think im gonna ask for some trimming assistance, since i do want things to transition smoother than my past grows.

for those who may not remember heres the old bubble cloner in all its glory. im actually thinking that i can combine the two ideas into one.
picture.php

the issues i have with them is the new one works well but i have to monitor water levels and keep topping it up, the old one worked all too well but if things arent kept at optimal conditions then it goes to shit fast and i pretty much run the risk of losin most if not all of my clones/cuts, and i dont need to tell you guys theres no point to that!!

what im gonna try is some net cups with perilite that are watered by the bubbling water. i think that would have me at a healthy middle ground and a greater piece of mind. by using the next cups , about 1.2" cups, i would lose some sites but thats cool. if i can keep about 30+ cl;ones at a time im straight. 32 is about two perpetual/turn key runs for me , and i would be able to barter a clone or two for the up and comers i like to help every so often

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Howzit you two ;)... Your gurls are looking suuuuuuweeeeet!!! nice healthy happy gurls.. looks like the work yer puttin in will definitely pay off.. peace n puffs.

sackO
yeah man i hope so. im just happy to be back on deck. had to go through alota crap and mainly due to me trying to be nice to others. now theres nothing wrong with being nice and lending a hand BUT what ive learned is that you have to do it with the right ppl!!

Looks like things are coming along nicely, Friend! I have two beans of PD freshly popped so hopefully in good time I'll be looking at some fat bushy ladies too! Keep us posted man :joint:

yeah bruh, i really do plan to stay on top of things as far as time and updates, cause believe it or not, its a dairy and its just as much for me as it is for you. i have a tendency to forget things and where is was, how far ive gotten, what i did last and all that. and so far i love this strain and i had the pleasure of being able to watch it grow out hydroponically which was/is cool. the grower is noticing that they are packing on more weight and trichs and its alarming!!! lol he says that the [plants normally have a tendency to slow down on growth when the nutes are in need, but with these he's noticed that even as he started flushing they are still putting on the weight and crystals!!!

so needless to say i cant wait :dance013:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE SSH!!!

THE SSH!!!

there she iiiiiis!!! lol

love this strain!! cant wait! even if its a male :)comfort:) i wouldnt care!!lol
picture.php

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
1st WEEK OVER, 2nd WEEK BEGINS. . .

1st WEEK OVER, 2nd WEEK BEGINS. . .

still growin fast as all hell!! branches are reaching everywhere, side branches are reaching up and out for light, gonna definitely cut the big fan leaves off the last two weeks of flower.

the one all the way in the back on the right has me a lil worried though, showed some balls, but the pollen was released and that was it. im sure its a hermie, but then again who knows? these plants have gone through so much with weather, and switching from hydro to soil, shit, it could be anything at this point!
picture.php

(rightside) the rest of them are showing hairs so im not scared of anything happening after this grow. i was gonna give clones out but i know folks dont wanna deal with even the hint of a hermie, oh well dont know what to tell ya? my conditions are their conditions, so it is what it is for now. cant blame the genetics though, i would put it on my grow conditions honestly. as long as the rest of them produce i'll be cool with that. . .
picture.php

(leftside) so i have fed them BUDSWEL, SUPER TEA AND MOLASSES (1tsp/gl) this is the first watering since the 12/12 switch, thinking about feeding that regimen from now on, or maybe alternate between that and just pH'ed water, maybe a lil molasses in there
picture.php

i have the cloner and clones on 18/6, so they are bursting, couldnt take pics though, its lights off. will have to take pics tomorrow.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
just peeping the grow.. No updated picsy's? bbl peace n pufs..

sackO

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
just peeping the grow.. No updated picsy's? bbl peace n pufs..

sackO

yeah man, the big cab is still kinda boring right now, gonna get some pics of the veg cab today and post them up, but they are still in there doing thier thing as well.

you well know that patience is the key with growing so im not going to even bother look at my clones yet, gonna give'em about another week and then start pulling at them to see whats going on.

that one hermie plant has me more wierded out than worried though. i would expect a plant that hermied to produce massive size and amounts of balls, but this one plant has pistills, BUT there are two pods that form. .. . . . thing is they were there last week, i picked them and then they appeared again, and in the same manner, two pods fully opened and dying off.

as i posted before, it will be the first and last it happens. im sure that happened due to the stress of being transplanted in the cold and from hydro to soil. too many things going on at once i think.

edit: thought just occurred to me, gonna take a pic of whats going on. i think my camera is too crappy to take proper pic but i'll try, and see how it turns out. and i also think i refereed to the wrong plant, but thats what this log is for, will go in later on to take a better look and pics, i actually do have an interesting plant in there and wanted to post a pic or two of it, so till later!!!

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
DOUBLE STEMMED!!!

DOUBLE STEMMED!!!

as i was feeding the lil un's last night i came upon this lil discovery!! its double stemmed, bu double stemmed strong!! this one should bring a nice haul in the future. . .
picture.php

well todays also the day that i go and check to see if i've got any roots on my clones. wish me luck guys!! i mean hey ive still got another week to go, as per my own protocol, but hey, you never know. . .ya know?

things are bushy though, same as before nothing really special about veg really.

the tallest one in the big cab is officially 2'!! so thats a damned good thing, the pistils that are on the plants are really starting to pop.

havent seen anything from that supposed hermie, ive decided, if its just that one node section thats actin' funny then ill just let it do its thing and watch it like a hawk, but if it shows anything other than pubes' its comin down!!!

and depepnding on how this cloning technique works i may even go back to RR plugs to be on the safe side. cant get back into the agme with hermies man, that shit aint cool!! gonna stick with organic soil from here on out! anyone wanna buy 130L of hydroton? lol

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
alright ppl, im odne with this whole hydro thing altogether, going back to good 'ol RR plugs and humidity domes. at this point, if it aint broke dont fix it!!

went to check on the clones today, and the stems were once again mushy!! i guess my thumb doesnt have any blue in it, but its plain 'ol green!!!

cant say i didnt try though

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
alright ppl, im odne with this whole hydro thing altogether, going back to good 'ol RR plugs and humidity domes. at this point, if it aint broke dont fix it!!

Sometimes the easiest solution is the best.
The dubble stemmed plant looks crazy. Could be an interesting one to hold onto. :chin:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
DOWN AND UP OF BEING OVERZEALOUS

DOWN AND UP OF BEING OVERZEALOUS

well since im honest about all of my trials and errors with my grows, it seems as though i have bumbled my way into a small fortune with this grow.

when i was given these seeds, being out of the game for so long, i wanted to badly to have all females, and i guess thats what my hopes wanted me to see, so needless to say i was blinded.

as i am looking through my grow, i am noticing that i have quite few male plants as well as female. since this is going into that final 2nd week of the cab being in flower the sexes are becoming obvious.

now as i have been a grower for quite some time, my angst to get back into it has made me blind to a very important rule/practice i have always promised to my self that i would hold to no matter what.

that rule is to always, always grow for seed, when i have a strain that is worthy or i consider "elite" and not for greed, whether it be for money or wanting to have quality smoke at my beckon call.

i have done my homework on PRINCESS DIESEL and have come to admire the strain especially after seeing it grow for myself hydroponically. after studying SUPER SILVER HAZE as my first elite strain, i was able to learn how to pay attention to a strains growth pattern and needs, so watching the PD grow was not only interesting to me as well as a valuable learning experience. i am one of those ppl that believes in the fact that none of us ever dies knowing everything, i am humbled by and about that fact.

so as i have given it much thought and have been reminded of my own old code, i will stick to it.

since i dont really have the resources as of yet to get into the ordering of seeds, i have come to really appreciate when i am given a quality strain in seeds form, ESPECIALLY SEED FORM!!

clones are cool, but there are too many chances of things not making it. of course im gonna take clones, since my style is turn-key, but i dont want to become a grower that has to rely on a "clone only" turn-key system. just in case of anything i want to be able to have seeds on hand and in abundance.

getting into other types of cloners , trying to find a faster way and such has got me away from one of the most important rules of growing, or at least i'd like to think it is one, and that is patience.

my being overzealous has caused me to abandon my patience, and it is the one trait that i have as a grower that has seen me through so many trials and tribulations that have lead me to my abilities as of today. patience is not only a virtue but in my book is key as a grower and in life itself.

quality over quantity, to mass produce quantity or to hone quality, these are things that show through. a persons garden and whats important to them can be an open book as to who they are, or i'd like to think it gives you some trace as to where that persons spirit is to some degree.

now i know what the rule of thumb is, anyone on here would say " fuck that , kills those bastards!!" but nah, cant do that. im gonna let nature take its course so that nature itself can continually take its course, once again getting back to that spirit of overgrowing the planet one plant at a time. so yes this is a seed crop and with damned good reason. it feels good when you come to your senses, and get back on track.

peace till the next update. . .

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Sometimes the easiest solution is the best.
The dubble stemmed plant looks crazy. Could be an interesting one to hold onto. :chin:

yeah brotha, gettin back to basics, thats where i need to be, i jsut really dont think hydro is my "style" or "suites me" if you get my meanin'?. . . . ya know?

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
just came out of the lab. making some overdue changes and getting things ready for the future.

its amazing that a lil pinch will do ya!!

pics tomorrow!!!

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
FIRST UP THE CLONER. .

FIRST UP THE CLONER. .

ok folks, like i have been saying b4, had to get back to basics. need something where i dont have to deal with the cold directly or the heat directly, so heres the story. . .

pretty much checked them out, got teh same stem rot so time to start teh save and rescue with an immediate evac
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

heres all the CITIZEN X
picture.php

heres all the PRINCESS DIESEL
picture.php

and here we are, done and done. . .
picture.php

greater control, greater mobility, greater success rate, increased time, so 3 outta 4 is truly not a bad trade for a greater piece of mind

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE BIG CAB: LIGHTS ON/ LIGHTS OFF

THE BIG CAB: LIGHTS ON/ LIGHTS OFF

ok, thing with this is i HA dto take pics to show you all how truly sturdy this bitch is.

i decided to go through the garden and start identifying who was what and so forth. so outta everything ive got 3 fems left and one male, or what made sense for me to keep.

with that, i decided that now would be the best time to do some pinching for a greater out look on yield. i pinched left and right up and down, damn near the whole plant was pointing down! i go in there while lights are off to check and this is what i see no less than some 8-10 hours later. . .
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

waited a lil while and was able to get a couple with lights on
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

friggin plants are truly truly amazing!! really expectin' good things from this one. went to home depot to get some vigoro blood/bone meal but all they had was the bone. wasnt anyone available to talk to at the time, so i'll go back tomorrow. if they dont have the two then i'll just get the one bag

gonna really try and maximize this one, since its seed crop and its gonna be my first in a while. gonna ask my bro to come and help me trim some

so this marks the second week of flower. second week the pistils are noticeable and so are teh balls. i didnt need as many males as i had in there. i figured with that many males, i would end up with more seed than bud, and thats not good, for this grow i wanna go through it and find maybe 3-4 seeds a bud, im good with that.

this ones for me!!! teh old " gettin back into the swing of things" grow/ pat on the back! lol

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
yo folks sorry for no updates this week, im sure its pretty aparent at this point. as most of you know NJ has had alot of flooding especially those of us that live in flood zones. it was reported that alot of places that never flooded did, so hence my dismay at not being able to report.

the bending that i did is having phenominal results, the nodal structure of this plant allows for greater results with stem displacement, or bending/twisting teh stems of lower branches.

the more you bend you realize that with this strain there seems to be a lower canopy and a larger one at teh tops. trimming of the fan leaves on this one would only enhance things in the long run.

been watering with molasses@1tsp per gl/, budswel and supertea, vinegar for pH. needed the res for other things due ot floding so i bubble 5gls at a time as i need it. i figure i can bubble a 5gl in a day at least so thats more than enough to water my veg cab and my flowering cab. 1.5 - 2gl for the veg cab, and the rest for the floweirng cab.

i normaly mix the nutes for the veg cab first, water it, and then take the rest of the water and dilute it with half regular water from whatever was left over from the last feeding. that leftover water doesnt get funky at all since its diluted to begin with. i toss that out into a smaller bucket and leave it off to the side for next time. so nothing is really wasted.

the male plant thats in there is showing balls out the ass!!! gonna have some nice seeds from this one. was thinking of trying to isolate it while it was in there. got some time, may really try to sit down and figure that one out. if i can control what gets pollinated then that makes it all the better

next update will be on 4/5.

Latest posts

Latest posts