What's new

the phish head thread!!

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Move Me Brightly - A tribute to Jerry Garcia

Starts at 930 EST

erry Garcia would have turned 70 on Aug. 1, and to mark the occasion, two days after his birthday members of the Grateful Dead family are throwing an online musical party that will be a live free webcast in HD from bandmate Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael.

Actor Luke Wilson ("The Royal Tannenbaums," "Old School," "Bottle Rocket") has signed on to emcee the show, billed as "Move Me Brightly," after a line in the Garcia/Robert Hunter song "Terrapin Station."

Carlos Santana will honor his fellow guitar great via a video interview. David Crosby's poetic tribute, "Cause I'm Missing Him Tonight," written specifically for his old friend, will be read during the show. Garcia's daughters, his brother, Tiff and ex-wife Carolyn "Mountain Girl" Garcia will be on hand, as will the world's tallest Deadhead, Bill Walton.

Weir heads a growing lineup of musicians who will perform, including Willie Nelson's son Lukas Nelson, Joe Russo and Jeff Chimenti from Furthur, Mike Gordon of Phish, Paul Simon's son Harper Simon, psychedelic folk musician Jonathan Wilson and Bay Area singer-songwriter Cass McCombs.

"The Jerry magic is still there," said producer Justin Kreutzmann, 43-year-old son of Grateful Dead drummer Bill Kreutzmann. "All these cool people wanted to be involved, but not by reaching for the hanky and talking about the old days. Everything with Jerry was about humor and great music, so we're trying to do this in a way that would make him chuckle."

http://tristudios.com/watch

enjoy phans

this was a good night of music, and of course it wouldn't be right without Donna and the hurt she brings to ears

blackosprey

never met greg but all the stories i have heard on PT is that he is a huge prick...dude has serious determination riding the rail like that. i have never ridden the rail ever in my life....it looks like a whole different ball game

He's really not as bad as PT or the other boards make him out to be. He does have entitlement issues when it comes to "his spot," but I'd guess there's one for every band out there.

Burt

Veteran
"this was a good night of music, and of course it wouldn't be right without Donna and the hurt she brings to ears"

It was an excellent night of music-Bob deserves to sing the jerry tunes and Donna may well have been telling the truth about the 70's dead-she couldn't hear herself-she sounded on pitch all night-but then again, i may be biased-my favorite year is 1974

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
"this was a good night of music, and of course it wouldn't be right without Donna and the hurt she brings to ears"

It was an excellent night of music-Bob deserves to sing the jerry tunes and Donna may well have been telling the truth about the 70's dead-she couldn't hear herself-she sounded on pitch all night-but then again, i may be biased-my favorite year is 1974

this is what I was saying

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening with some close friends

and without Donna, it wouldn't be the same, even if lots don't like her "singing"

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i love me some donna for real

even her screaming in the 70

something about the intensity that made it fit proper for me

plus women squealing in pleasure is always a turn on

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
KC was pretty solid last night. Beautiful small venue. Lax security. Skin it back was cool. Beginning of the second set was heat, but fizzled out a bit halfway through.

Epiphyte

Dude...Budman...I heard you don't like wilson...that invalidates any opinions you have on phish...SF was sick...the setlists were sick...yes, charlottle now takes the cake...but SF was awesome. great energy every night...and big big big hitters every fucking night.

Slave, fluff, yem, bowie, reba, horse silent, slave, mound, maze, carini, mfmf, chalk, antelope, piper, fucking roggae, tube, split, tweezer opening friday with reprise bringing us home...dude you don't like wilson?
hella old school covers...ride, corrina, rocky top

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Wilson is for the birds. I bet it's nice seeing phish in your backyard. One day I will make it out there for some shows. Oops, NM I went to fest 8. Forgot all about that

What's new epi? Haven't heard from you in a minute. You get the new Dan deacon?

trey2.jpg

Bump

...Hope you heads all had a great summer, jealous of those who were able to catch a few shows!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
that first set was pretty hot. first set yems are awesome...first tube was deal

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
man, fun show

so glad I have streaming Phish, traveling for concerts just isn't as available or affordable for me anymore

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Only way they could come back from the fuck your face show was with what they did tonight.. 24 minute light almost had me in tears.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
man, fun show

so glad I have streaming Phish, traveling for concerts just isn't as available or affordable for me anymore

i shoulda been at these shows and i got a bit banged up and had to back out

couch ter is an acceptable alternative as well as the sbd's and sbd streams

Latest posts

Latest posts