What's new

the phish head thread!!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Highlights of the weekend for me in no particular order:

Trey telling the whole crowd to wave to the person at the top of the ferrris wheel, and then telling the person to jump. He then requests a giant air mattress for the bottom of the ferris wheel next year.

The secret set at storage USA in ball square saturday night that went from creepy to other worldly and very floydesque. Everyone trading istruments and having a blast playing facing each other and in sillohuette to the crowd.

The next night forbin's narration when we learned that in fact the entire festival was a musical projection of reality that the band created in 1988 when their van broke down in NY on the way to Colorado and they were trapped in a storage shed at a self storage facility. It was actually still 1988 and they were still waiting to be let out and when the festival was over everything would vaporize and none of us would have any memory of the event.

Sitting under the superball for the afternoon set on Saturday blazing with IC members. Great conversation and herb, phish just happened to be killing it in the background.

Those are some of the non musical highlights. I'll get to those later when I'm not on my iPad

G

Guest3498

*simpsons theme*

"DOH!!"

Jealous!! ANy good stories or finds?

Found some sort of iranian indica that got me super stoned. Saw lots of other great bud but nothing I wanted to trade for. Also another icmagger who rolled atleast a 1/2 gram of ecsd and blueberry bho into a huge joint of bubba for the last set. That one got me good. And the liquid.... oh the liquid :)

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Didn't go to this festival, but had many friends who went and they all had a great time. Looks like I'll still hit 6 shows on the second leg. Glad you all had such a great time!

Seriously it was cool as fuck. Everywhere you turned there was something goofy or mind-blowing going on. The music was on point. This is the most solid string of sets I have ever seen them play. They were out to prove that they can still rip through the classics, bust out new tunes, go into outer space, expand on the staple jams, and go 8 sets without playing fluffhead or YEM.

Your choice to add those 3 shows is a wise one. It's gonna be a party up in thur!!!

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
*simpsons theme*

"DOH!!"

Found some sort of iranian indica that got me super stoned. Saw lots of other great bud but nothing I wanted to trade for. Also another icmagger who rolled atleast a 1/2 gram of ecsd and blueberry bho into a huge joint of bubba for the last set. That one got me good. And the liquid.... oh the liquid :)

I never thought I'd be a part of a Simpsons secret language, I was so geeked after that, cue shit eating acid grin :thank you: Trey!!!

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
They have been killing it this year, that is for sure. Glad you guys who made it to Super Ball all had a blast. Anyone know anything about a NYE run?

What I have heard is Denver is the last shows of the year period. no new years run unfortunately.

Acid, Doses, Lucy, LD-25

Acid, Doses, Lucy, LD-25

it was a testimonial of the transformation of people through weed and music

from the members of the band to the peoples in the crowd there is an enlightenment happening

people are finding weed, being freed and becoming kind again

I think most of the enlightenment that happens at Phish shows if from the LSD. :)

The weed helps tho!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
anyone get on phantasy tour? (phish)

anyone get on phantasy tour? (phish)

i used to talk phish with somone on here back on overgrow...we had like a 2yr thread on phish..any fans?

I just posted in a huge Phish thread on here earlier today....

I'm a fan, but I'm not on Phantasy Tour.

STS9 is my band, and yes, I do post on the LowDown.

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
I owe my emotional and psychological stability to L. But it sure does make phish shows fun too...

We need a cultural icon to come back and tell everyone to turn on, tune in, and drop out. Imagine the change that could happen with a mass movement like there was '65-'70

JAY LENWEED

I owe my emotional and psychological stability to L. But it sure does make phish shows fun too...

We need a cultural icon to come back and tell everyone to turn on, tune in, and drop out. Imagine the change that could happen with a mass movement like there was '65-'70

Agree with ya bro !!!! We need fellow americans to get their heads out their asses, wake up [L], and make a change !

budman678

Veteran
i will search for the phish thread. i am a big phish fan. sts9 not so much, as a matter of fact, i walked out of sector nine show about 5 years ago. wasnt feeli it at all.

i like wsp, furthur, moe and a little umph but thats it..phish 60% the grateful dead 40% of the time. love the classics brother

budman678

Veteran
my first show happened to be the most epic show of 97 in my opinion. it was at the nutter center in dayton, oh. I was young. went with older sister and friends. besides a little of HOIST, i didnt listen to phish much.

Sunday, 12/07/1997
Ervin J. Nutter Center, Wright State University, Dayton, OH

Set 1: AC/DC Bag -> Psycho Killer[1] -> Jesus Just Left Chicago[2], My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > It's Ice -> Swept Away > Steep > It's Ice > Theme From the Bottom, Tube, Tube Jam -> Slave to the Traffic Light

Set 2: Timber (Jerry) > Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Reba[3], Guyute > Possum[4]

Encore: A Day in the Life

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Rocky Mountain Way tease.
[3] No whistling.
[4] "Charge!" teases.

Notes: Psycho Killer was unfinished. JJLC included a Rocky Mountain Way tease. The jam after Tube was basically a Tube Reprise without the lyrics. Boogie On Reggae Woman was played for the first time since September 13, 1988 (989 shows). Reba did not have the whistling ending. Possum included "Charge!" teases.

labtec

I love me some Phish. Obviously they're not shredding it like they did during their prime, but they can still jam.

headseed

Ok I'll play the my first phish show theme game activity

With the crazy pre-doors hail storm at the Mullins Center giving a good adrenaline surge from the start, I think I slipped into a solid, if non-decrepit '94 show as a first.

Saturday, 04/16/1994
Mullins Center, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA

Set 1: Runaway Jim, Fee[1], Axilla (Part II)[2] > Rift, Stash, Fluffhead, Nellie Kane > Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Sample in a Jar, Poor Heart > Tweezer -> The Lizards, Julius, Bouncing Around the Room, You Enjoy Myself -> The Vibration of Life -> You Enjoy Myself, The Squirming Coil, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Fire

[1] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
[2] Debut.

Notes: Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. This show included the debut of Axilla (Part II). In Trey's place, Brad Sands was the substitute trampoline jumper during YEM.

This show was part of the "1994 Spring Tour."

Hmmm, loved it! Somehow lost my stub collection and can't really remember all my shows but somewhere around 50 something through the years with Cypress my last. :yappy:

My first Phish show was SPAC 94 I think or maybe it was Mann Center same year! Highlights for me was Clifford Ball,Philly4th of july 2000 and LakePlacid I forget the year Ohhh Yea Phish2K was one to remember CHEEEEESE CAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Thursday, 04/02/1998

Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY

Soundcheck: Funky Bitch -> Jam -> Birds of a Feather

Set 1: Tube, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Sloth, NICU, Stash[1] > Horn > Waste > Chalk Dust Torture

Set 2: Punch You In the Eye > Simple > Birds of a Feather[2], Wolfman's Brother -> Sneakin' Sally through the Alley[3] -> Frankie Says[2] > Twist > Sleeping Monkey > Rocky Top

Encore: Guyute

[1] Frankie Says quotes at end.
[2] Debut.
[3] No vocal jam.

Notes: This show marked the debut of Birds of a Feather and Frankie Says. After NICU, Trey commented on the brief “Island Tour,” remarking that the band was getting bored at home and wanted to play some shows. The end of Stash contained Frankie Says quotes. Sneakin' Sally did not contain a vocal jam.

headseed

Lake Placid was the SHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I scored some great buds from some dread there and since we were next to a mountie we did the whole exchange pocket to pocket on the downlow and I took him on word and he said to just be careful, not normal mersh buds. He was right, piney dank and even if it was outdoor (not sure) it didn't matter. Blew my head off heh!

I stayed at Art Mann's travel lodge or some such, was a hoot. Clifford Ball was cool, I am pretty sure I was at that one ha ha.

My first Phish show was SPAC 94 I think or maybe it was Mann Center same year! Highlights for me was Clifford Ball,Philly4th of july 2000 and LakePlacid I forget the year Ohhh Yea Phish2K was one to remember CHEEEEESE CAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!