What's new

the phish head thread!!

mcattak

Thanks for the responses....

I have seen particle a few times...Probably need to download some more of there music....

Love the allman bros...Saw them alot in the 90's...

mc

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I'm friends with particle. great band, great guys. the only band that makes me dance as hard as phish. they made their name back in the day playing late night phish after parties. last time I saw was in Miami at the vagabond after phish on the 30th and NYE last year. what a week that was 4 phish and 2 particle shows in 4 days.

another band that isn't quite up to particle, but I've been impressed the few times i've seen them is Lotus. they put on a good show and they have a pretty good light rig.

Burt

Veteran
i personally find lotus to be in a league that far surpasses farticle but hey-i dug them too back in 2002 or so-no dynamics to speak of-they know but one speed-UNTZ
i hear the old annoying in your face guitar player is back too-he sure had skills but he was mixed too high and didn't really follow the band-not my type of player-he had no nuance in tone of speak of but the jammies performance with b52's was groovy

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
i personally find lotus to be in a league that far surpasses farticle but hey-i dug them too back in 2002 or so-no dynamics to speak of-they know but one speed-UNTZ
i hear the old annoying in your face guitar player is back too-he sure had skills but he was mixed too high and didn't really follow the band-not my type of player-he had no nuance in tone of speak of but the jammies performance with b52's was groovy

yeah, I'm not a huge charlie fan myself. they seem to have caught never ending shit from fans after they booted him though. the two guitarist phase was not that great, but when they fell into the groove with Ben for a couple of years it was nice. then steve got the call to tour with phil and of course he can't pass that up. ben decided not to wait and quit. I'm not really a fan of the revolving door guitarist thing they have going on right now.

M

Mr. Mountain

that july 4th show was so damn good.

the Raleigh was good to.

Raleigh was quite a good night... all the various tribes converged and got down. Something about seeing friends from all over gather in one place warms my heart!

They played well, the song selection was nice (spotlight on Page!) and the weather was excellent.

Not to mention my Sweet Blue was blowing minds all over the venue.

Good times.

L

Lloyd_Christmas

Looks like a new axe for Trey....

39752416408786289645861.jpg

I like the ocelot on the headstock...

L

Lloyd_Christmas

I think the new guitar is definitely a sign of things to come. Kinda symbolic.

C'mon fall tour. I'm not going to telluride and you're taking too long. :joint:

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
holy shit last night was insane!

1. Tube 2. The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony 3. Suzy Greenberg 4. Funky Bitch 5. Reba 6. Fuck Your Face 7. Alaska 8. Back On The Train 9. Taste 10. When The Circus Comes 11. Lawn Boy 12. Sparkle 13. Gumbo 14. Run Like An Antelope Set Two

1. The Sloth 2. Down With Disease 3. What's The Use 4. Scent Of A Mule 5. Mike's Song > 6. Dirt 7. Sneakin' Sally Thru The Alley 8. Weekapaug Groove 9. Bug
Encore
1. Quinn The Eskimo Show Notes

mcattak

My first phish set list....Glad to see this thread getting me to do some research and download...

Link Saturday, 08/28/1993 Greek Theatre, Berkeley, CA

Set 1: Llama, Bouncing Around the Room, Foam, Ginseng Sullivan, Maze, Fluffhead, Stash, The Squirming Coil, Crimes of the Mind[1]

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Rift, Run Like an Antelope[2], The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Sparkle, It's Ice[3] > Big Ball Jam, Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, You Enjoy Myself -> Oye Como Va Jam -> You Enjoy Myself -> Contact, Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Daniel Saw the Stone, Amazing Grace

N

Nick Sand

holy shit last night was insane!

1. Tube 2. The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony 3. Suzy Greenberg 4. Funky Bitch 5. Reba 6. Fuck Your Face 7. Alaska 8. Back On The Train 9. Taste 10. When The Circus Comes 11. Lawn Boy 12. Sparkle 13. Gumbo 14. Run Like An Antelope Set Two

1. The Sloth 2. Down With Disease 3. What's The Use 4. Scent Of A Mule 5. Mike's Song > 6. Dirt 7. Sneakin' Sally Thru The Alley 8. Weekapaug Groove 9. Bug
Encore
1. Quinn The Eskimo

I can safely say that this show was the highlight of my summer. Gonna try and do the whole tour next year. Anyone else catch this show, what'd you think?

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
I can safely say that this show was the highlight of my summer. Gonna try and do the whole tour next year. Anyone else catch this show, what'd you think?

dude it was THE show of 3.0. best one i've ever seen. people that have been to over 250 shows say it had some of the most explorative jamming they've ever seen. Mr. Minor from phish thoughts has seen ever show since summer '03 except these alpine shows, and after he listened to saturday once he said it's the best show he's heard since then.

on a sidenote, I got to meet a friend from OG and ICmag that has inspired me and I'm sure many of you. shared a couple of beers, and many bowls and joints. was awesome to finally smoke some of his herb, as he's somewhat of a legend around here. all i'll say is the golden goat tasted great! thanks buddy! maybe ya'll can guess who it is. :dance013:

finally home from tour after fighting tons of traffic and dropping friends off in various places to fly out to jones beach. what a 4 night run. seriously memorable music. saw something like 24 songs i had never seen in 4 shows. insanity

N

Nick Sand

I thought it was a damn good crowd, too. Energenic, friendly, and pumped for the show. Everyone in my vacinity was dancing like crazy (including myself). Great time.

Golden Goat = Mr. Dank? I was at both the Deer Creek and Alpine shows.. maybe we ran into each other, who knows? ;)

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
yeah most of the crowd was pretty chill. ran into very few unfriendly people. deer creek was a more hectic lot. was pretty funny watching the security surround a few tanks with like 20 guards after they shut down the mafia spot right near shakedown. they were all standing like 15 feet away from the tanks like they were toxic waste or something.

alpine lot was a lot more chill. good times. i wonder how many ICmag members were at these shows.

as far as the question of did I meet Mr. Dank... let's leave that to phish... maybe so, maybe not...;)

joeking

Deer Creek is my hometown show, soooo I knew the deal before I went....be safe on lot, one of the hottest venues in the country. Thursday nights show was average for me...was in the pavilion, not my favorite place to be, but was a good 1st night...Friday night was a blast, it turned into a high school reunion, seen cats I haven't in 15 years! HAd a blast, and ended up partying in the woods on a lake in southern Indiana the next night....such a great weekend!

Latest posts

Latest posts