What's new

The Perfect Vape

sandawg

I'm 40 yrs old, smoking chronically every day since I was 18, pretty much. I can definitely count the number of days I haven't "smoked" in the last 22 years on two hands. Yet I bike 30 miles and run 10 miles every day. Not slow, either. Fast. How?

The question is really how does smoking pot NOT slow me down? Its because I vape. My lungs are clean as a whistle. I used to get chronic bronchitis. That's b/c SMOKING is BAD.

So here's the deal. If you are interested in cleaning out your lungs, and experiencing the best taste and high marijuana has to offer, then listen to this:

Get a cheap WHIP-STYLE vape. I paid $100 for mine, digital. Its hard to find cheap digitals. Whatever, you will have to experiment to find your sweet spots anyways.

Some idiots think if you see "smoke" you are vaping at too high temp. Not entirely true. Ideally, you want to be at that temp where "smoke" is visible, but not too much and where it doesn't taste like burnt popcorn.

Its not smoke, BTW. Its vapor. And if it gets too thick, it WILL taste like burnt popcorn and you have the temp too high.

Now for the pro tips. If you have a digital vape, you can see what's happening temperature wise. As you inhale, the temperature decreases. After each hit, you should take the bowl off the heating element while it reheats (30 secs approx.).

As the vape reheats, it reheats HOTTER than the temp you set it at, as much as 50 degrees. At the same time, the weed is drying out, requiring a LOWER temperature.

So with every hit, you need to lower the temp and stir the weed. That is key.

SUPER PRO TIP: run the whip from your vape into a water bong. Use the whip as if its the bowl of a bong. It generates HUGE hits and filters the harshness of the hot air from the vape. I've been doing this for almost two years now. I got the tip off these forums from some guy doing it for seven.

If you don't vape at too high a temp, and have the patience to lower the temp and stir the weed after every hit, you will get much higher, the weed will taste much better, and your lungs will be crystal clear.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I haven't been on these forums for awhile, but I'll try to remember to check back in every now and then. Happy vaping.

tr1ck_

I wasn't a fan of the whip vapes personally, I tried multiple vaporizers until I finally bit the bullet and got a volcano. Its the only vape I was able to use consistently, all others I would stray back to the bong after a the novelty wore off.

S

Secretweapon

I use my vaporbrothers with a 14mm gong adapter. It allows me to vape my glass indoors and not skunk up my place with smoke. The watercooled vapor shots are also an amazingly smooth experience.

I can also say my magic flight launch box is the most efficient vape I own. It takes little less than .3 of a gram for it to produce a nice hit. It's powered by rechargeable AA batts. I use this as my stealth vape as it fits in your hand and its silent.

self

any other recommendations on brands/models of vapes? I'm in the market for something 200$ or less for convenient daily use in my home.
thanks

S

Secretweapon

Extreme Q, I own one and use it daily. It does bags/whips but imo it does bags much better than the whip.

I picked one up on sale for $180 on amazon.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Been plenty happy with the Launch Box. I think they go for $120. Compact, portable, and life-time guarantee.

Let me give you the only way to be blazing in 2011.
Da Buddha Vaporizer (Whip Style)
+
Bong with ice and good filtration
=
Vong*
attach the whip into the water of the bong

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I picked up an Arizer Q Extreme, but as secretweapon pointed out, I find that it does the bags MUCH better than the whip. I raaarely use the whip anymore.

I had the pleasure of using a Life Saber last week, and I have to say, I LOVED it. Too bad I already shelled out damn near the same bucks for the Q Extreme..

Also, FWIW, I've found that I'm still smoking more than I expected to after having picked up a vaporizer. There is something to be said for the instant gratification of smoking. I can pack a bowl and be done smoking before the vaporizer is heated, let alone the bag has been filled.. YMMV but I am an impatient sumbitch.

i use both a healthstone and a nail-n-globe with my glass bong to vape oil, and will never go back to smoking bud. I only "smoke" at night after my kids go to bed, and the next morning and day I feel great! tastes great, smooth, very potent. sure, there are some flavors you get smoking bud, but good oil also has a great clean taste.
thats just what I like, and many others do too.

smokum420

Love my healthstone for concentrates (using an HSG hand pipe)... but for leaf I've enjoyed just using my Iolite.

I really really want to see more on this new Arizer Solo that's out (Li-Ion powered portable vape), that claims to work with hash & concentrates, but waiting to see more reviews before dropping the $300 on one.

I've tried the bagger systems (volcano & mystifyer), but they just were not for me as I hate taking pulls from a bag for some reason.....

sandawg

In response to a few posters:

1. I stopped using ice in my bong because the hot air from the vape quickly melted it, raising the water level in the bong. I just put in fresh chilled water when I feel the need. The best part about vaping through your water bong is that the water doesn't really NEED changing. I've gone weeks without changing the water and it doesn't smell bad, it has a floral aroma, actually.

2. Bag vapes, like the volcano, cannot be filtered through a water bong like the whip-style vapes. If you aren't going to run the vape through a bong, then I'd probably go with a Volcano if it wasn't $600. THC evaporates sitting in the bag, as well. Running a whip-style through a water bong is the biggest, smoothest way to go.

3. I've had plenty of people try my Vapor Bong, walked out of here absolutely wrecked. What do they inevitably do? Go try to reinvent the wheel. They'll go buy something other than a whip style and be disappointed that they can't get the same effect. Or they get talked into a Volcano where the novelty quickly wears off.

Sour Deez

I have a SSV with one of their 6 arm perc water filters, hits like a champ.

Also have the MFLB as my stealth vape for when im at work.

So with every hit, you need to lower the temp and stir the weed. That is key.

I never tried starting at a higher temp and going down, I always did it the other way around, what about you guys?

sandawg

I never tried starting at a higher temp and going down, I always did it the other way around, what about you guys?

Raising the temp will dry out the weed at a much faster pace. With every hit, as you extract vapor from the weed, it becomes drier. Increasing the temp on top of it will create that thick visible vapor indicative of overheating.

LOWERING the temp while the weed dries out, preserves the pot, keeping it moist and tasting better. Your high increases and you wind up vaping much less pot overall.

If you go through more weed vaping than smoking, you are vaping at too high a temp.

After I discovered I was vaping at too high a temp, I found I was changing the screens more often. They get gummy a lot quicker when you vape properly. I replace my screen every 5-10 uses now as opposed to every 20 or 30.

Many people like to grind their weed prior to vaping it. I don't do this because you wind up vaping all the taste out of it on the first hit. I'll put a bud in and rotate it around the first couple hits. Then I have a small pair of scissors I use to snip the bud after a hit to release some flavor. One snip per hit. By the time I'm finished, the bud is all chopped up, dry, sandy shake, all the vapor removed. And because I lowered the temp the whole way, I never get a bad taste in my mouth.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I've got an Extreme Q. Just checked their site for a fitting from the whip into a water pipe (frosted glass fittings). No dice.

Anyone know where I can find such a doodad?

I'd love to find a groove to use the whip, but on its own, it doesn't really do much for me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like if I could fill up the chamber on a tube, that might do more for me.

Sour Deez

Many people like to grind their weed prior to vaping it. I don't do this because you wind up vaping all the taste out of it on the first hit. I'll put a bud in and rotate it around the first couple hits. Then I have a small pair of scissors I use to snip the bud after a hit to release some flavor. One snip per hit. By the time I'm finished, the bud is all chopped up, dry, sandy shake, all the vapor removed. And because I lowered the temp the whole way, I never get a bad taste in my mouth.

This is the part that was concerning me, cause i grind my bud before vaping and the first few hits at low temp are amazing. Then I adjust knob, few more hits, adjust, take hits, then its usually done by this point.

I never tried vaping a piece of bud

sandawg

I've got an Extreme Q. Just checked their site for a fitting from the whip into a water pipe (frosted glass fittings). No dice.

Anyone know where I can find such a doodad?

I'd love to find a groove to use the whip, but on its own, it doesn't really do much for me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like if I could fill up the chamber on a tube, that might do more for me.

You can get a frosted glass-on-glass fitting and slip it into the end of your whip to insert into the bong yes. Pulling the whip out of the bong acts as the carb, obviously.

A friend gave me this Eclipse portable vape that I haven't even tried out yet, but it comes with two sizes of glass-on-glass fittings. I'm sure you could order replacements from the company. You might have some luck Googling them.

Having said that, friends always recommend glass fittings for my whip and I try to explain its not necessary, but its like talking to a brick wall for whatever reason.

A lot of my earlier whips were too thin for my bong. I would wrap black electrical tape around the whip wherever it would act as the perfect carb. I eventually learned to taper the tape for a smooth, tight fit.

The whip I have now is not too thin, its too thick, actually, to fit down the bong shaft, but thin enough to fit in the opening, so its essentially a perfect fit. No air is escaping on the inhale.

Adding a glass fitting would just add a piece of glass on the end of my whip that I have to worry about.

You can easily create just as snug a fit using electrical tape as I described above. The key is simply creating the ability to generate huge bong pulls with your vaporizer. It makes the transition to vaping easier, because it still feels like you are going through the smoking process.

My lungs get to the point where I can't take a full breath without coughing. Three days of vapor bonging, you will feel human again. One week and your lungs will be crystal clear.

sandawg

This is the part that was concerning me, cause i grind my bud before vaping and the first few hits at low temp are amazing. Then I adjust knob, few more hits, adjust, take hits, then its usually done by this point.

I never tried vaping a piece of bud

If you try vaping a bud, the first couple hits will also be amazing as you rotate the sides closest to the heating element. Then as you lower the temp and snip the bud, you can maintain good flavor throughout the vaping process. I don't get that burnt popcorn taste anymore and I know when I'm finished when I can't see any more vapor. The weed is completely spent, there is nothing left to pull. When I empty it, it comes out like a fine sand.

This is a recent discovery, this temp-lowering, bud-snipping process. When I was overheating it, it was acceptable. But I thought this discovery was worth sharing with y'all.