What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Start planning the spot now. Get some thick black plastic/sheet metal ect.ect. and cover area you want to grow them. Keep it covered till dec. The plastic/metal ect. will kill all the weeds and grass there. In dec.or jan. till area up, fertilize and let set till late feb. Sprinkle seeds (lightly) over area just before a snow or rain. DO NOT BURY THEM. The rain n snow will plant them deep enough..... For big flowers, thin them out.

Bread seed poppies make the biggest flowers/ pods.

In a month remind me and I'll send some seeds of the pink ones I grow.

View attachment 19008736
Are they Hungarian?

Unca Walt

420club
since I am not growing this year , and , I may not be here in 30 days , or 3 months , whichever comes first , I am debating on whether to even start spraying them with Bt?

the miller moths are already showing up

decisions decisions decisions…😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
@bigsur51 -- Grow 'em, box 'em, puttem in the trunk, and mail 'em to me from Biloxi or whatever town is 1000 miles from where you sit right now.

I'll handle it from there.

Goldhedge

Bored?

Corpse flower poised to bloom for first time at Colorado State University this weekend​

According to the university, Cosmo has lived at CSU for the past almost eight years. As of Friday afternoon, experts said signs point to the bloom occurring Monday, but it will become clearer in the coming days. According to Cosmo’s caretaker and CSU Plant Growth Facilities Manager Tammy Brenner, even though all signs point to a bloom, there is still a slim possibility it does not happen.

1716745684886.png

Live feed:

Native to the rainforests of Sumatra, the corpse flower belongs in a category of plants known for having carrion flowers, or blooms that smell like rotting animals, to attract scavengers as pollinators.

Unca Walt

420club
truth

on the contrary , who said “ waste not , want not “ ?……

I gave away my last bottle of Monterey Bt which means if I want to practice diligence , I ust purchase another bottle

moar decisions

on another note , the town museum is having a fund raiser and serving up,some bbq pulled pork sammiches!

and then this afternoon , the VFW will be putting on a Memorial Service at the town cometary , which I will put on what is left of my uniform , a white shirt , and will be there to salute our flag and honor those who have all

my namesake and great uncle who died fighting nazis in North Africa and is buried at a memorial cemetery for American soldiers who died in combat

this is the battle my uncle died in…..

The Battle of Kasserine Pass. The battle that defined for the American Army the tough realities of what war with the German army truly meant. In November 1942, the American and British forces launched Operation Torch, the invasion of North Africa through French Morocco and Algeria.

View attachment 19008738
There is definitely a family resemblance, bro.

Kasserine Pass debacle was due to a real pompous asshole. Lt. Gen. K. Anderson <-- He was later relieved and sent home, IIRC. First, he stupidly split his forces, then ordered his tanks to chase after the krauts in spite of all the officers around him telling him not to. <-- Every fargin tank in his division got smoked.

Every one. 183 tanks. Without damaging the paint on anything German.

Here's one account that does not cover all results of the pompous stupidity of the guy. Following his ordered command, the entire tanker outfit drove into a killing field:

U.S. artillery and tanks of the 1st Armored Division then entered the battle, destroying some enemy tanks and forcing the remainder into what appeared to be a headlong retreat. This was, however, a trap, and when the 1st Armored Division gave chase it was engaged by a screen of German anti-tank guns, and sustained heavy casualties. A U.S. forward artillery observer whose radio and landlines had been cut by shellfire recalled:
It was murder. They rolled right into the muzzles of the concealed eighty-eights and all I could do was stand by and watch tank after tank blown to bits or burst into flames or just stop, wrecked. Those in the rear tried to turn back but the eighty-eights seemed to be everywhere.
— Westrate, 1944
I come from a military family, and my uncle was a Lt. General -- but in the Mareen Coah. He had a LOT to say about asshole Anderson.

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
truth

on the contrary , who said “ waste not , want not “ ?……

I gave away my last bottle of Monterey Bt which means if I want to practice diligence , I ust purchase another bottle

moar decisions

on another note , the town museum is having a fund raiser and serving up,some bbq pulled pork sammiches!

and then this afternoon , the VFW will be putting on a Memorial Service at the town cometary , which I will put on what is left of my uniform , a white shirt , and will be there to salute our flag and honor those who have all

my namesake and great uncle who died fighting nazis in North Africa and is buried at a memorial cemetery for American soldiers who died in combat

this is the battle my uncle died in…..

The Battle of Kasserine Pass. The battle that defined for the American Army the tough realities of what war with the German army truly meant. In November 1942, the American and British forces launched Operation Torch, the invasion of North Africa through French Morocco and Algeria.

View attachment 19008738
My Sweet Lord A Baby ❤️

oldmaninbc

Youth over age. At almost 74 I am slow compared to youth......Kid has a killer serve.....I think he is Chinese.
I have a son whom I have never met, from decades ago(60s). I know in his 20s he returned to the city where his birth mother lived. He was shunned, no one wanted anything to do with him. I found this out much later from my son. My son's wife is trying to encourage him to find his brother.
I have family I have never met(siblings) from my mom's previous marriage, my paternal father. I only ever seen him once, from a distance for a few minutes. I asked the young woman who was watching me, "why is that man staring at me" she said, "that's your father" That's the only thing I remember of him.

oldmaninbc

Where can I get some???? I'm a looooong way from Hungry.
I was asking if the bread poppy seeds you had were Hungarian, the Hungarian Blue poppy is used for seed in baking etc.

The poppy photo is of a papaver somniferum poppy called Giganthemum, it's seeds are for baking. People use the pods for decoration. They sell the seed commercially at garden seeds suppliers.
The place where I buy my poppy seed are out of stock on this product. They are impressive to look at, medicinally they are weak.

Latest posts

Latest posts