What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Caveman4.20

Keep in mind, Elon Musk has a fairly well established history of getting predictions wrong and or falling way short of when he says things will happen and that has mainly been with regards to his companies and things they produce, which if anything should be the easiest things for him to predict more correctly. As for AI the problem there is that people tend to fear things they don't understand and long before AI was really on the map Hollywood already seeing intelligent machines as something that will take over the world decide that best thing for the world is to get rid of mankind. Given mankind's history it kind of easy to believe that scenario unfortunately but it's just as possible that the advancement of AI will go in an entirely more peaceful and beneficial direction. The flaw in the Hollywood version is that it tends to project the way mankind thinks and mankind's emotions on to the intelligent machines. Ehile intelligent machines will likely have the ability to very convincingly emulate emotions, they won't actually feel them because they'll still just be machines. Alsso while the intelligence part is very close to being realized robotics will still need to get way better then it is now before the machines will be able to take over everything. At least in the early days of AI taking our jobs, there will still be quite a few jobs that will still require a human touch. There will also be a lot of jobs that people will not trust machines with in the beginning, at least until mankind develops more trust in just how safe and benevolent the machines are. For example do you really think that many people will be comfortable with a machine cutting their hair? Especially if they are fearful that one day out of the blue the machines will turn on them and want to kill them? Machines may have the capability to perform as a barber but will the companies that provide that service want to make the expensive investment to purchase the machines to do the work if most people are to afraid to pay for a machine to do the job?

What will likely be harder about the transition to the automated future is that most of the really good jobs that pay lots of money will be taken over by the machines. They talk right now about AI taking over the jobs that are dangerous or boring, which sounds acceptable to many people. The reality though is that the people who will have to buy the intelligent machines and put them to work will b looking to eliminate the highest paying jobs as that will given them the best return on thier investment. So the question I have for the future is will people be happy with the jobs that will be left for humans? Since most of them will likely fall far short of the kind of pay many people expect currently.
Look no further then then walmart self pay…i think china has replaced their professors with robots already… guess the new fear mongrel conspiracy is this AGI who wrote chatgp2 or something like that…reminds me of when facebook caught two AI’s communicating in their new language they wrote in a new private room they programmed that not even Mark zuk himself could get into let alone decipher that new language said AI’s wrote wait wait

What was the question again
🤓

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@OleReynard here's that bigsur plant still vegging in a #5 pot under a 400 hps. View attachment 19007868 View attachment 19007869 View attachment 19007871 View attachment 19007872
Things female and has the thickest,densest bush I ever saw and I started banging in the 70's.
😆
Really curious to see what she does in flower if it ever gets tall enough........not topped or fucked with at all.
What is it. Everything I have plated from Big lately stretches to the sky. That fan leaf looks like something crossed with Triangle Kush. I like and will keep the TK x GD but the TK x LB doesn't suit my purpose....no yield.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
No it's up damn near 50% because of the impact of the pandemic and the poor way it was handled by the previous administration. Had it not been so badly managed in 2020 that we didn't have to shut everything down and keep people at home, then the supply chains wouldn't have broken as badly and maybe the period of inflation that the whole world experienced wouldn't have happened which is the reason everything is now 50% more expensive. It could have been way worse, fortunately Biden was able to get us to the point fairly quickly where all the stay at home restrictions were lifted and people could get back to work which is why our inflation is much lower then most of the rest of the world.
Boy o Boy could I tear into that but I won't. Please slow down on the politics on this thread.....This is a friendly place and that last post could really stir things up on here. We are being watched now by the Mods and I don't want this thread moved to Speakers Corner! Lets just AGREE TO DISAGREE and be friends. Please.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Boy o Boy could I tear into that but I won't. Please slow down on the politics on this thread.....This is a friendly place and that last post could really stir things up on here. We are being watched now by the Mods and I don't want this thread moved to Speakers Corner! Lets just AGREE TO DISAGREE and be friends. Please.
You know, it's funny how you single out my posts to criticize like I'm the one who starts this line of conversation, yet you say nothing and or give a like to the other people also discussing politics that I'm replying to. Obviously you don't agree with my points of view and that's why you single me out. So I think I'll just stop participating in this thread since I'm obviously not welcomed unless I fall in line with the politics of the majority of pople who post here. It's this kind of one sided BS that causes the need for Mods to have to watch political discussions in the first place.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
You know, it's funny how you single out my posts to criticize like I'm the one who starts this line of conversation, yet you say nothing and or give a like to the other people also discussing politics that I'm replying to. Obviously you don't agree with my points of view and that's why you single me out. So I think I'll just stop participating in this thread since I'm obviously not welcomed unless I fall in line with the politics of the majority of pople who post here. It's this kind of one sided BS that causes the need for Mods to have to watch political discussions in the first place.
I am talking to everybody.

jokerman

Premium user
When I had a hemorrhoidectomy; after surgery they must make sure the area around the anus does not get excessive scar tissue and the skin and flesh must remain flexible. So, someone has to stick their fingers in your butt and massage/stretch the area, this happens for over 2 weeks. Every time a new person came into my hospital room, I would look at their fingers to see how big they were. This would happen several ties a day.
YUK
You have to learn to laugh or otherwise get bummed out.
they still available ,asking for a friend😊

jokerman

Premium user

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240524_124234_8.jpg

Uh huh.........no such thing as high ground with a cat.
😆