What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I love walking, always have. Do you have a regular route you take?

Does the $5 woman of the night take coupons?
Mrs Pute and I walk across the Dam at Chatfield Reservoir. About a 5 minute drive from the house. Can't power walk the neighborhood because neighbors always want us to stop and talk. This is power walk time not social hour.

Coupons.....what is your promo code?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
giphy.gif

oldmaninbc

I used to love San Diego and SF. From what I have heard they are a mess Downtown. I am sure there are sill nice places if you have $$$. Same here in Denver. Downtown is a place I don't go anymore. Sad to see. Don't understand for the life of me what are lawmakers are thinking and what their end objective.
It's the same in Canada, not that I get out much but I do read letters people write into their local newspapers. Many are very upset with condition of their cities downtowns. Too much crime, dirty, drug addiction and business owners are leaving. The small city near me it's crime rates are high

oldmaninbc

Mrs Pute and I walk across the Dam at Chatfield Reservoir. About a 5 minute drive from the house. Can't power walk the neighborhood because neighbors always want us to stop and talk. This is power walk time not social hour.

Oh yeah, it's the same here you go out for a walk and it becomes social hour. Sometimes I don't mind that other times I just want to walk.
I looked up the Chatfield reservoir, that does look like a great walking place.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Oh yeah, it's the same here you go out for a walk and it becomes social hour. Sometimes I don't mind that other times I just want to walk.
I looked up the Chatfield reservoir, that does look like a great walking place.
I have lived in Denver for 55 years. Out here by the lake since 82. Used to be out in the sticks now it is a suburb. As a mater of fact....the whole front range is now a suburb from Colo Springs to Ft Collins. About 140 miles

oldmaninbc

A number of
from everything ive heard, cuba is actually a very nice place
yes, they are poor, but they are educated poor
cuba has a literacy rate over 99%
look at how clean the streets are? where are the bums
/i live on one of the most expensive cities in the us (san diego) and its overrun with bums
plus their food is good
Many Canadians like to vacation in Cuba they return year after year.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I used to love San Diego and SF. From what I have heard they are a mess Downtown. I am sure there are sill nice places if you have $$$. Same here in Denver. Downtown is a place I don't go anymore. Sad to see. Don't understand for the life of me what are lawmakers are thinking and what their end objective.
ive said it before but homelessness isnt a problem that can be fixed by just throwing money at it
/instead of wasting money on the bottom 1%, why not help the working poor or people who are actually trying to make their lives better
lets put them to work, like they did in the olden days
the publics work project was a great thing in american and taught people valuable life skills and did a lot of good for this country
/but i guess that would just take time away from the drinking and drug addictions that cause a lot of this
for some reason, my over educated liberal neighbors seem to think my methods are too extreme

f'them

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
ive said it before but homelessness isnt a problem that can be fixed by just throwing money at it
/instead of wasting money on the bottom 1%
Most homeless want to be homeless. I have a friend....worked for me for 20 years and his son is homeless. He won't go into a shelter because they have rules. They like their lifestyle......hard to believe but it's true in many cases.

oldmaninbc

I have lived in Denver for 55 years. Out here by the lake since 82. Used to be out in the sticks now it is a suburb. As a mater of fact....the whole front range is now a suburb from Colo Springs to Ft Collins. About 140 miles
It's amazing how things change in some communities. You have seen quite the change, maybe not all good.
Here where I live; I have been here over 20years and it's still the same population, about 350 people.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Portland has certainly changed in the 59 years that I've lived here. From being touted as one of the cleanest US cities, to a city full of tents surrounded by piles of garbage.

It has also pushed property crime through the roof as it gang related shootings.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Most homeless want to be homeless. I have a friend....worked for me for 20 years and his son is homeless. He won't go into a shelter because they have rules. They like their lifestyle......hard to believe but it's true in many cases.
right!
here in san diego there is no reason for anyone to sleep on the streets at night
they have father joes (the catholic mission) and numerous city run services
but those place come with "strings", like being sober or not causing trouble with other residence
but if someone has given up on yourself how can you help them
/ri$h neighbors: well house them and give them free shit

i only have two pockets my friend, one is whoop ass and the other is candy and i dont think they deserve candy
what they dont see is everything is finite, so every penny you waste on some pos is just one less dollar for schools or public safety

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Portland has certainly changed in the 59 years that I've lived here. From being touted as one of the cleanest US cities, to a city full of tents surrounded by piles of garbage.

It has also pushed property crime through the roof as it gang related shootings.
this was what i was going to get too next
@Putembk mentioned downtown san diego
it used to be just ok to full on sleeze in some places, but the cool kind of sleezy
/dive bars, strip clubs and greasy spoons, it was all in where you went
then it got all fancy
they built petco park (where the san diego padres play) and it brought the whole place back to life
lots of super expensive high rises and cool bars and restaurants
but its overrun with the homeless
i have a fiend who got a place downtown, he paid a penny for it you bet!) and he cant walk out his front door w/o stepping over filth left by the homeless
waste of all kind, its just nasty
plus he has kids

Goldhedge

Ever go mall walking in the wintertime??

Malls have changed...
Back in the 70's they used to say "Don't Californicate Colorado".

Unfortunately, it's happening. There used to be 10 miles of country between Ft Fun and Loveland....