What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Yeah - politics-schmolitics - its just something people like to talk about - as they do many other topics - so long as they keep it civil - its just conversation - but it can get heated - and try to take over - people getting all shouty - so best kept to a minimum - eh - generally -

- older people are - or should be - more mature about discussing such topics - and occasionally might talk about such topics from direct experience - without making it the main theme - since there are so many other things to talk about anyway - especially on this thread - where just about anything goes -

It just one of those 'THINGS!' -
Well said. But it is an election year and the subject comes up . Mostly civil here.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good morning people...
Good morning Boo!
Sorry they couldn’t fix the drain. Now your gonna have a dirty yard… how far down do the have to dig?
About two foot.
As a group do you all agree with what boo said?
Yes, it is a good morning!
I walk every day I can and I look you in the eye every time I pass by someone.

I grew up in a small town and everybody knew everybody. It was normal to wave and say hi!

I can't help myself. I still shake hands and make eye contact!
Where I grew up, if you didn't look the people you met in the eye and acknowledge them, you were sneaky, strange, or stuck up. Even if it was just a nod.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
As a group do you all agree with what boo said?
Not always but in this instance 100% and will add this........left cheek,right cheek, same old hole.

:) :) :pI’m a twice convicted marijuana felon afaik am not allowed to vote
I did 11 years from 86 to 97 in Florida state prison for cultivation and trafficking and despise authority of any kind.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Just a plain sugar cookie. Nothing fancy, I don't see the point of a multi-ingredient cookie. The smoke does nothing to enhance the flavor of a cookie. At least with the strains I have been using.

INGREDIENTS​

• 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
  • 1/3 cup (65 g) granulated white sugar
  • 1 cup (124 g) all purpose flour

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large cookie sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
  • In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat at highest speed until lightly and fluffy. You will need to stop and scrape the sides of your bowl a few times with a spatula so that the butter mixture gets beaten properly.
  • Add in flour. Mix on low speed until flour is completely incorporated. Your dough will look crumbly at first. Make sure to scrape down the sides a few times because the butter will stick to the bowl. Increase speed to medium once the flour is incorporated. Your dough should start to look less crumbly and the clumps should begin to stick together. Continue mixing until all the dough sticks together into one clump.
  • Use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop to scoop out dough. Place onto prepared cookie sheet, spread 2 inches apart. You should have enough for 12 cookies. Pick up one of your dough pieces and roll it between your palms to form a ball shape. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the dough ball into a thick disk (1/2 inch thick). Repeat with remaining dough.
  • If using sprinkles, sprinkle the surface of the cookies with the sprinkles or nonpareils. Gently press them lightly into the dough. They don't need to be embedded, just lightly pressed in so they don't roll off.
  • Bake cookies about 15-16 minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet before removing.
I've yet to find a cookie recipe that will completely hide the taste of you secret ingedient. The closest I've come is to use hask or kief. I find if you use gtound bud's or leaves you'll always end up with that tasye that makes you feel like you are eat grass (lawn grass) of hay. That of course is mostly the chlorophyl. If I just use hash or kief then that grassy/hay taste is pretty much gone but there is still a hint oof something I can't really describe but I've only ever tasted anything like it when consuming cannabis.

Now the above decsription is based on the cabbabis or hash being mixed into the cookie batter directly. Of course the other way is to use canna butter so that the cannabis or hash is contained inside that. That tends to make it a bit easier to swallow so to speak but the same still holds true in my esperience, if the canna butter is made with buds and leaf then it produces edibles with a strong grassy/hay like taste. But if the cannabutter is made using just hash or kief then that grassy/hay taste is almost non existant.

I don't really do edible much anyway these days. It would be better for my lungs if I did but the high is just too stronng and too different. So I limit myself to just rare occassions where the increased high or the difference isn't an issue because of now having any other commitments that day. Sort of the same policy I use when taking LSD or Psilocybin. :biggrin:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've yet to find a cookie recipe that will completely hide the taste of you secret ingedient. The closest I've come is to use hask or kief. I find if you use gtound bud's or leaves you'll always end up with that tasye that makes you feel like you are eat grass (lawn grass) of hay. That of course is mostly the chlorophyl. If I just use hash or kief then that grassy/hay taste is pretty much gone but there is still a hint oof something I can't really describe but I've only ever tasted anything like it when consuming cannabis.

Now the above decsription is based on the cabbabis or hash being mixed into the cookie batter directly. Of course the other way is to use canna butter so that the cannabis or hash is contained inside that. That tends to make it a bit easier to swallow so to speak but the same still holds true in my esperience, if the canna butter is made with buds and leaf then it produces edibles with a strong grassy/hay like taste. But if the cannabutter is made using just hash or kief then that grassy/hay taste is almost non existant.

I don't really do edible much anyway these days. It would be better for my lungs if I did but the high is just too stronng and too different. So I limit myself to just rare occassions where the increased high or the difference isn't an issue because of now having any other commitments that day. Sort of the same policy I use when taking LSD or Psilocybin. :biggrin:
Use Ghee instead of butter for the extraction to get rid of most of the chlorophyll taste.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want a good taste of what the cannabinoids and terpenes taste like, extract them with Vegetable Glycerin and put just a few drops on your tongue for taste.

It is not only tasty, but the flavors dash off in all directions like wild honey. Too sweet for large quantities, but a good way to get a taste.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Not more than a year ago I had a 400 square-foot grow room with 12 foot ceilings and central air conditioning. I had six lights in veg and four in flower… you don’t want to know how much work it took to keep that place ticking.

I had a friend come by earlier and he was doing a clean out of a home that hasn’t been habitat for 30 years or so. The guy who died was Vietnam Vet and he left behind a jar full of seeds and a couple of airborne zippo lighters. My buddy gave me the seeds so I’m very excited to see what will happen with them… they were in a sealed jar, but they were not in a climate control conditions…
Unfortunately if they were not stored in a controlled environment for 30+ years then they likely won't be viable. There are many who will insist that after that long whether they were in a contolled environment or not they won't be viable. Fortunately since you got them for free then there is no harm in trying and should some grow fairly normally then you can have some confidence that whatever it is, it's a hardy strain.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts