What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
this really works
1716381119695.png

SubGirl

420club
Seriously? Is this Speakers' Corner? . . . gee . . . I thought this was still just a fun thread . . . silly me . . . it seems some people have a hard time keeping political diarrhea where it belongs . . . :mad:
I don’t like going to the speakers corner. There is a lot of angst there that I want no part of. I’m trying to end angst in my life. I don’t mind hearing both sides from my democrat and republican friends here so that I can take part in finding where we all have commonalities.

I will say that I don’t like when anyone calls out the whole party democrat or republican as the cause of all the problems as I think we could do better on both sides of the aisle but I understand why they do. It does seem to cause conflict in the thread on occasion but I’ve seen yet on this thread where we didn’t at least agree to disagree at the end when we think differently.
‘it’s just one of the many things we breeze over now and then in conversation as any other subject. We talk about a lot of issues here I’m sure you have been around long enough to know that. News and politics are just something that effects all of us so lighten up a bit on the diarrhea talk we are just having conversation and nobody is trying to change your views here.

SubGirl

420club
Good morning brothers and sisters! All hail Woden's Day! View attachment 19006602 View attachment 19006604

Partly cloudy with sprinkles today, starting at 46F and predicted to reach 60F.

Wahoo, wahoo, my sprinkler heads arrived so I can get those installed. Hoping that I can just screw the tops off and replace the guts, versus digging out and replacing the whole head.

Two wahoo's and one "oh shit". The plumbers who arrived to repair our kitchen drain line said it was beyond them and that should start by hiring an excavator to expose the full run.

A long day ahead, starting with a good workout at the gym and hopefully including at least one good nap.

View attachment 19006606
Sorry they couldn’t fix the drain. Now your gonna have a dirty yard… how far down do the have to dig?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I am glad I don't have sleep apnea, sleeping with all that hardware would drive me crazy.
Yeah, it's not for everyone, some peopl adjust to it quickly and grow to love it because of how better rested they feel and how much more energy they have. While others try to get used to it but never make it. I ended up being like the latter. I first started with the CPAP which only helps you to breath in I believe. When I tried it the problem I had was it felt like the machine was fighting m when I would exhale and thn eventually it would detect that there was a problem with the breathing, sound an alarm and cut off. Which was particularly annoying if I had managd to some how drift off because the alarm would wake me right up. I tried to make it work for about a week and ended up feeling more tired then ever, the next day. So I stopped and explained the issue to my doctor annd she suggested I try the BiPAP since that is supposed to help breath in and out. Again though I had the same issue of feeling like the machine was fighting me when I tried to exhale. So I gave up on the machine and resorted to just using typical home remebies such aas sleeping with my head and back elevated. Likr if I was sleeping in a recliner. I don't know if that has helpped because my doctor said she wouldn't see me until I logged in at least a month of sleeping with the machine for an average of at least 4 hours a night. That was two years ago.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I don’t like going to the speakers corner. There is a lot of angst there that I want no part of. I’m trying to end angst in my life. I don’t mind hearing both sides from my democrat and republican friends here so that I can take part in finding where we all have commonalities.

I will say that I don’t like when anyone calls out the whole party democrat or republican as the cause of all the problems as I think we could do better on both sides of the aisle but I understand why they do. It does seem to cause conflict in the thread on occasion but I’ve seen yet on this thread where we didn’t at least agree to disagree at the end when we think differently.
‘it’s just one of the many things we breeze over now and then in conversation as any other subject. We talk about a lot of issues here I’m sure you have been around long enough to know that. News and politics are just something that effects all of us so lighten up a bit on the diarrhea talk we are just having conversation and nobody is trying to change your views here.
Yeah - politics-schmolitics - its just something people like to talk about - as they do many other topics - so long as they keep it civil - its just conversation - but it can get heated - and try to take over - people getting all shouty - so best kept to a minimum - eh - generally -

- older people are - or should be - more mature about discussing such topics - and occasionally might talk about such topics from direct experience - without making it the main theme - since there are so many other things to talk about anyway - especially on this thread - where just about anything goes -

It's just one of those 'THINGS!' -

Last edited: