What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
Good morning folks. Another gloomy day here so that means another day of trying to keep the mud off my bedroom carpet. I ran the carpet cleaner yesterday but don’t think it will last long as it’s mole and turtle season here and the dogs are alway on a hunt in the dirtiest areas of the yard digging up a mole or harassing a turtle until I get out there to save it. We have a fenced in yard but the turtles find their way in somehow. We have a lake tributary in our back yard just beyond the fence so we get quite a bit of wildlife in the yard. But we have mostly box turtles with a few water turtles.
‘so for now they are taking another nap in hopes we can make our walk to the park and play a little fetch
IMG_2733.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Up and about this morning for an hour or so - checking the site - attending to my ablutions - not sitting around - so the systolic is a up a tad - but blood pressure does vary a lot during my day - as it does with most people - depending upon what you do - or don't do - how stressed you are or not - if you've taken meds or not - or exercised - it changes accordingly -
View attachment 19004813
Good to see that you seem to be holding steady after your last tune-up brother.

Also good to be living in an age where such medical enhancements are possible. Yes?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
@Boo -- There's an easy-peasy fix for that, I betcha. I had the same BP problem up to about two years ago

I take 6.75mg pill once a day: Carvedilol. Mention it to your doctor. My recorded BP numbers are right in the green.
FWIW I take that also and my blood pressure usually comes in at like 120/78. I take it at noon and mdnight and I notice that if I forget and take it a little bit late I get a feeling like my blood pressure is climbing. Unfortunately I don't have a machine at home for measuring my BP so I can't confirm it's going up when I'm late taking that pill. All I know is once I do finally take that pill the feeling I had that I thought might be from high blood pressure goes away.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I had the same experience. Statins will F you up and your liver. My doctor talked me into lipitor I took it and my bones and muscles gave me unbelievable pain, almost debilitating but he told me it isn't from the Lipitor so I kept taking them, I felt like I was ready for the grave. I went on a vacation and forgot to bring them and within 2 days I had less pain and in a week I felt a decade younger. My doc wanted me to try other ones that he said may not effect me like that but I said that's not happening and I dropped them completely . I think that it should be banned. It took about a year for me to feel almost normal after stopping.. I still have a spasm under my left shoulder blade I can't shake
You should consider trying the ones your doctor wanted because just allowing your cholesterol to be bad is quite risky, especially as one gets older. Just check careully for yourself what the known side effects are. I took Lipitor for a good while and while it helped some it didn't help much and not in the catagory HDL which is one of the more importent ones. Fortunately the Lipitor didn't cause any equipment failures or other noticable side effects. Anyway this new medicine my doctor gave me is called Ezetimibe aka Zetia and according to my blood work it seems to be doing the job my doctor wants as my LDL cholestrol is down and my HDL cholesterol is up. I've not noticed any negative side effects with this drug either.

I'm not sure if it's fair to blame ED problems on Lipitor? I mean I've heard that reported as a side effect too but the condition for which one might be prescribe Lipitor could be just as much at fault. ED is the result of decreased blood flow. Lipitor is prescribe for high cholesterol which can lead to clogged arteries which will decrease blood flow. There are a number of natural things that can help with blood flow, the one being hyped the most lately is beet root.

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Howdy OFs!

How are we all today? Sun is out here, still a mist on the hills towards the coast, but it's clear in the garden so I;ve been potting up some cactus and stuff I don't know what is.

There's a few young San Pedro and Peruvian torches in there too that I've grown from seed.

Apologies for the state of the garden, that is the path the daft sheepdog takes to go bark at the fence ALL DAY LONG... I'm gonna have to train him not too I suppose, but he's quite the free range puppy still and he's calming down. I've never had to tell him off, but I have lost my shit with him a couple of times. 🤣
IMG_3788.jpg

I don't know what these flowers are, but they look pretty.

IMG_3789.jpg

Have a good day folks n farts.

OleReynard

Howdy OFs!

How are we all today? Sun is out here, still a mist on the hills towards the coast, but it's clear in the garden so I;ve been potting up some cactus and stuff I don't know what is.

There's a few young San Pedro and Peruvian torches in there too that I've grown from seed.

Apologies for the state of the garden, that is the path the daft sheepdog takes to go bark at the fence ALL DAY LONG... I'm gonna have to train him not too I suppose, but he's quite the free range puppy still and he's calming down. I've never had to tell him off, but I have lost my shit with him a couple of times. 🤣
View attachment 19004937

View attachment 19004938

Those look to be Columbines

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
FWIW I take that also and my blood pressure usuall comes in at like 120/78. I take it at noon and mdnight and I notice that if I forget and take it a little bit late I get a feeling like my blood pressure is climbing. Unfortunately I don't have a machine at home for measuring my BP so I can't confirm it's going up when I'm late taking that pill. All I know is once I do finally take that pill the feeling I had that I thought might be from high blood pressure goes away.
I take my BP daily. Been up and down lately. Probably should see the doc and get his opinion.

HempKat

Veteran
Yup - I had exactly the same experience when I told my doctor about the radically bad side effects I experienced with these statins - he tried to put me on some other statin - but I refused - since my cholesterol was in the normal range anyway - and I couldn't see the point of taking something that made me feel like 'Death warmed over' - Maybe these docs try and get everyone on statins to make big money or something - I dunno? - but I do know that I'm not ever considering taking any statin ever again -

And when a doc suggests me taking a statin - I just say 'I'm allergic' - to 'em -
Two things, first as far as the doctor making money, probably not, or at least not to much since most of the statins I've heard of have been available in generic form for quite a while. The point in time where doctors making money pushing a drug is when it's new and only available in the brand name form. The more likely reason a doctor will prescribe statins is because that's probably the most common form of treating high cholesterol. Most doctors no very little about prescription meds. I've been told be doctors that during their medical training the time spent of studyng prescription meds is very minimal. Doctors depend much more on what the drug reps tell them when they come around pushing new drugs. Beyond that they rely heavily on best/common practice (meaning what most docs do to successfully treat a condition).

The other thhing I wanted to point out is you said your cholesterol was in the normal range and that's why you felt comfortable not taking the statins any longer. When they talk about the normal range for cholesterol they are usually talking about the overall cholesterol score. What is considered good or normal is 200. However that score is a combination of your good Cholesterol (HDL) and bad cholesterol (LDL) You can have a good or normal overall score andstill have the bad cholesterol being too high and the good cholesterol being too low. For example you could have 150 LDL which would be too high for bad cholesterol and 50 for HDL which would be too low for good cholesterol and yoet you overall cholesterol would be 200 which is considered good or normal. Also there is another group in there which is considered part of your cholesterol which is called triglycerides iit's pretty common for people that have clogged arteries that end up with a bypass, for their triglycerides to be high. I'm not sure off hand what the numbers are to be consdered good or bad for triglycerides but I'd be willing to bet your triglycerides were high just prior to you needing that bypass. The bottom line is there was a reason your doctor prescribe that statin for you. Now it's fair to not want to take statins because of all the negative side effects but you probably still need to be taking something for your cholesterol because your arteries don't clog up if your cholesterol is good.

SubGirl

420club
Howdy OFs!

View attachment 19004937

View attachment 19004938

Nice cactus garden 🥰. I also have one of those paths in my yard with my two doodle dogs run the perimeter. Can’t help you with the flower i.d. But it is pretty. I get many flower in my yard I have no idea what they are but seems something is always blooming in my yard thanks to the original owner who must have wanted it that way. I’m thankful anyways for his work.

Latest posts

Latest posts