What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Hello people who cook...I am doing a recipe with ground sausage meat, which is fried up with potatoes and red peppers and onions;

The recipe suggests boiling the potatoes for 5 min. before frying, this is my question...is it really necessary to boil the potatoes over just frying them/
its to cook the potato more, but if you have time lets dot this right
you cant overcook a potato!i would fry them but do it slow and over a low heat so they are fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside

/deletes long winded cooking run down

OleReynard

Growing up my folks had 2 huge cherry trees, always had pie around until somebody found out it was better wine cherry trees.
A guy from the tavern who used to stop by made his own Dagoo Red dude had a beer dispenser for his wine.

A buddy used to make wine out of wild plum man it was good better on ice cream.
Ever eat ice cream and catch a jag?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growing up my folks had 2 huge cherry trees, always had pie around until somebody found out it was better wine cherry trees.
A guy from the tavern who used to stop by made his own Dagoo Red dude had a beer dispenser for his wine.

I extracted some Dark Cherries last year and made a concentrate syrup that was to die for on vanilla ice cream.

I extracted with a mixture of ethanol and water to extract all the flavonoids and then removed all the alcohol and most of the water using a vacuum still to keep the temperature down.

oldmaninbc

You are the master and am amazed at your skills and knowledge.

I could use a pain killer right now. My back has been holding up pretty good since the last procedure but I over did it a bit today. Good thing is is almost beer thirty. All these years and I still enjoy having a smoke.
People with bad backs...got do what you got to do...see what kind of sentences you come up with when your on opioid pain meds.

I miss smoking quite a bit, but mostly only when I think about it, like right now. I grow these different strains and never get to taste them.

Do you have more procedures coming up, this is where you get a poke in the lower back?

OleReynard

People with bad backs...got do what you got to do...see what kind of sentences you come up with when your on opioid pain meds.

I miss smoking quite a bit, but mostly only when I think about it, like right now. I grow these different strains and never get to taste them.

Do you have more procedures coming up, this is where you get a poke in the lower back?
Growing my own and not being able to partake?
Bummer dude

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I guess I must be an anomaly. I have been taking hydrocodone for 20 years for the damage I’ve done with my back and I have maintained two pills a day and never go more than that. I have given up many drugs, cold turkey where my doctor thought it would kill me, but I can deal with it… when you have back issues, you will sell your soul to the devil for relief when it’s bad enough. I am fortunate we’re two pills gets the job done… I’ve taken more than two once and I’ll never go do it again, the high makes me quite jittery and nauseous…

oldmaninbc

Growing my own and not being able to partake?
Bummer dude
OH, I know it sucks. I have to protect my diseased lungs, so smoking is out of the question. But I really do miss it sometimes, edibles are different from smoking, that's for sure.

However, I do use less cannabis by eating compared to smoking.

I like the grapefruit, pineapple flavors and other flavors that I don't know how to describe.

Even one or two tokes would put my lungs in pain, like someone took sandpaper and sanded my lungs.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Another recovery day nearly over - had the hospital call me today and book me for a CT Scan on Saturday afternoon - and my clinic pharmacist call to go thru all the meds I'm taking and order more that I'll have to pick up from the pharmacy up my road - did 2 trips out to feed Smudge and Spanky on foot - weather is real nice - polo/t-shirt time -

The Mrs ordered a new Hotpoint washing machine - which got delivered and installed today - since the last one - which lasted 6 years finally went BANG! - and then died last week 😢 - after getting increasingly noisy over several months - till it sounded like a jet airplane taking off on spin cycle - and we had to shut the kitchen door constantly to avoid some of the noise -

- it's not easy for me to be as lazy as I have to be physically - to recover from this heart surgery - so I'm getting the boy to do any lifting - pushing and shoving - and moving stuff around - that I would usually do - still should spend more time horizontal - I'm trying -

kevinn

Another recovery day nearly over - had the hospital call me today and book me for a CT Scan on Saturday afternoon - and my clinic pharmacist call to go thru all the meds I'm taking and order more that I'll have to pick up from the pharmacy up my road - did 2 trips out to feed Smudge and Spanky on foot - weather is real nice - polo/t-shirt time -

The Mrs ordered a new Hotpoint washing machine - which got delivered and installed today - since the last one - which lasted 6 years finally went BANG! - and then died last week 😢 - after getting increasingly noisy over several months - till it sounded like a jet airplane taking off on spin cycle - and we had to shut the kitchen door constantly to avoid some of the noise -

- it's not easy for me to be as lazy as I have to be physically - to recover from this heart surgery - so I'm getting the boy to do any lifting - pushing and shoving - and moving stuff around - that I would usually do - still should spend more time horizontal - I'm trying -
I am sure the delivery guys liked lugging the washer up and the old one down the three flights of stairs to your apartment.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

Just finished the first series. I am told hopefully I won't have to come back for at least 6 months.

Yes, lower back.....L3 and L4. It is better but far from pain free. It has also helped with sciatica nerve pain.

oldmaninbc

I guess I must be an anomaly. I have been taking hydrocodone for 20 years for the damage I’ve done with my back and I have maintained two pills a day and never go more than that. I have given up many drugs, cold turkey where my doctor thought it would kill me, but I can deal with it… when you have back issues, you will sell your soul to the devil for relief when it’s bad enough. I am fortunate we’re two pills gets the job done… I’ve taken more than two once and I’ll never go do it again, the high makes me quite jittery and nauseous…
When I first started morphine on a daily basis my doc had me up and over 70mg a day. I got to the point that I couldn't stand myself mentally, that was just too much morphine. Even today the gov't does not recommend more than 50 mg daily.
Like you Boo I had to find that sweet spot where the pain was manageable but I could still function, mostly. I went cold turkey twice in lowering the mg down, it's not pleasant at all but I got it done, now I use far less but incorporate other measures to help with pain. I will be using morphine till the end, like you say, when your in pain anything I can do I will do to get rid of that screaming in my head.

SubGirl

420club
Here is a link to an article on building your own sieving frames and which has a link to sources for stainless and silk screen mesh:

You make it look easy. After reading maybe I’ll continue my dry ice for a while 🙃

oldmaninbc

You know what's best for you, moving machines around is not one of them.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to have your chest cracked opened and then have your heart worked on but I guess the alternative would be much worse.

Here we have something called a Health Portal, it's where I can go on the net and any procedure I have done at the hospital I get the exact same reports that my family doctor gets. I was reading the detailed report of my hernia surgery as dictated by the surgeon. Step by step detail of the procedure, including all sponges, needles and equipment were accounted for.:)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
When I first started morphine on a daily basis my doc had me up and over 70mg a day. I got to the point that I couldn't stand myself mentally, that was just too much morphine. Even today the gov't does not recommend more than 50 mg daily.
Like you Boo I had to find that sweet spot where the pain was manageable but I could still function, mostly. I went cold turkey twice in lowering the mg down, it's not pleasant at all but I got it done, now I use far less but incorporate other measures to help with pain. I will be using morphine till the end, like you say, when your in pain anything I can do I will do to get rid of that screaming in my head.

Damn guys, that sucks. Makes me look forward to the future!

SubGirl

420club
Hello people who cook...I am doing a recipe with ground sausage meat, which is fried up with potatoes and red peppers and onions;

The recipe suggests boiling the potatoes for 5 min. before frying, this is my question...is it really necessary to boil the potatoes over just frying them/
You could also slice them a bit thinner and just fry them. They just dont want you to overcook everything else

SubGirl

420club

catch a jag?

Latest posts

Latest posts