What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BrassNwood

Veteran
1715797389620.png
Back in the day ice cream shops (BaskinRobbins et al) used to have dry ice.

A search revealed Wally World has Penguin Dry Ice...

Another music addict here!

Music goes on in my house when I press that button on the coffee machine in the morning all bleary eyed, up until 8pm when I like to watch some cartoons, comedy show or a film.

I'm in the UK but I listen to an American station out of New Jersey called WFMU that has 4 streams running. There's always something playing I've never heard before, no matter how bad it is, it stays on. 😂 If I like a song, I hit the Shazam button on my phone and it goes into my apple music playlist and I have a listen to all the crap I liked each month.

I'm trying to listen to ALL the music in the world before I shuffle off into the next world.

Most of the modern music on commercial radio over her in the UK is just warbling autotuned shite.

I still pop my fave album on the headphones when I mow the lawn though, it takes just the same amount of time to listen to as to mow. That's Axis Bold As Love, by Hendrix. Morrison Hotel is a good one too (Doors) makes pushing that petrol mower up the slopes a little more bearable. The auto drive has broken on it and I'm too cheap to get a new one or get it repaired.

It likely needs a belt or friction wheel of some kind. Flip it ova and have a look.
Gonna bite the bullet today and get all new jars. I have been using the apsame jars for a long long time. Never washed them! Only clean the lids with alcohol so they seal properly.

Over time they have collected resin on the bottom and it will be to much of a hassle to try and clean them.

I should be ashamed...my tents and grow area is spotless but my jars are....well no words can explain!
After a decade my 40 odd 1/2 gallon jars were looking funkey and way overdue for a good scrubbing. Denatured Alcohol (marine stove fuel) is my choice for Cannabis resin cleaning and a splash of that and a toilet brush soon had the resin out. Pour into the next jar and continue. Yes the brush is new and only used for cannabis work.

Finish up with some hot soapy water and it was all like new again.
Yes me too. Hope to find some dry ice soon 🤞😁

Most Ice houses sell dry ice and it's stored colder then what I can get at Kroger. Being near the ocean it's a common item for fisherman and I have 3 or 4 choices to obtain it.

I run the Hashmaster 5000 4 times a year turning what I grow into dry ice Hash / Kief from all that bud.

View attachment 19003125

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

It likely needs a belt or friction wheel of some kind. Flip it ova and have a look.
Thanks BnW!
I did that for a look and all the petrol started running out, so i accepted it had beaten me and I just endure the extra exercise.

:biglaugh:

But I have now terraced enough of the slope bad bits for me to save my poor ankles from the mowing stress.
I'll grass seed those flat bits now and plant trees on the slopey bits inbetween. Maybe some steps and then I can get rid of those gates and finish my hedgerow.

IMG_3748.jpg

Have I mentioned that I ache a little?

Unca Walt

420club
I’ve only called two stores. I have not made a great effort to find it I’m sure there is some around. I was just hoping my regular grocery stores would have it. Would love a large sifter tho
@SubGirl -- An easy way where you might find some dry ice is to just type "dry ice near me" on the search line. There may be several places you just din' know about. (Like Home Depot.) :oops:

I tested the above theory... Here's a C&P of sources:
  • Walmart
  • Whole Foods
  • Costco
  • Speedway
  • Home Depot
  • Acme
  • Safeway
  • Meijer
  • Kroger
  • Ralph’s
  • Walgreen’s
  • Publix
  • HEB
  • Albertsons
  • Dillon’s

jokerman

Premium user
Gonna bite the bullet today and get all new jars. I have been using the apsame jars for a long long time. Never washed them! Only clean the lids with alcohol so they seal properly.

Over time they have collected resin on the bottom and it will be to much of a hassle to try and clean them.

I should be ashamed...my tents and grow area is spotless but my jars are....well no words can explain!
we didnt want to say anything

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
You could give a jar a swishy rinse around with a vodka tonight and then drink it...

then report back for the science conclusions.
I have a bottle of 190 proof from making qwet in the past. I also have small bottles of it in the frig. It burns like crazy. Plus I am not that much on concentrates. I get as loaded as I want on flowers. I am a wuss I guess.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Thanks BnW!
I did that for a look and all the petrol started running out, so i accepted it had beaten me and I just endure the extra exercise.

:biglaugh:

But I have now terraced enough of the slope bad bits for me to save my poor ankles from the mowing stress.
I'll grass seed those flat bits now and plant trees on the slopey bits inbetween. Maybe some steps and then I can get rid of those gates and finish my hedgerow.

View attachment 19003133

Have I mentioned that I ache a little?

The next time it runs out of gas.... Stand her up against a wall or fence with the spark plug pointed up if possible, to keep the oil from filling the combustion chamber. Most of the drives on rotary mowers are fairly simple mechanisms and easy enough to spot what failed.

If it is power REEL mower things get a bit more complex but still in the reach of most semi-skilled folks. I've got a nice freshly sharpened classic reel push hand mower you can borrow. Not quite sure why I've kept it for the last 50 years as you can't cut St Augustine with it. Godzilla might but I sure can't.

OleReynard

@SubGirl -- An easy way where you might find some dry ice is to just type "dry ice near me" on the search line. There may be several places you just din' know about. (Like Home Depot.) :oops:

I tested the above theory... Here's a C&P of sources:
  • Walmart
  • Whole Foods
  • Costco
  • Speedway
  • Home Depot
  • Acme
  • Safeway
  • Meijer
  • Kroger
  • Ralph’s
  • Walgreen’s
  • Publix
  • HEB
  • Albertsons
  • Dillon’s
When I was a kid we'd be walking behind a store and find garbage cans of it, just tossed away.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I have a bottle of 190 proof from making qwet in the past. I also have small bottles of it in the frig. It burns like crazy. Plus I am not that much on concentrates. I get as loaded as I want on flowers. I am a wuss I guess.

Do you drink Mr P?

I like a drop of overproof rum from time to time, Wray and Nephew...
I may try it myself, purely for science of course.

I do know a pal of mine puts his stalks and stems in bottles of rum and lets them soak until drinking time. He regularly falls asleep in the middle of game night.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

The next time it runs out of gas.... Stand her up against a wall or fence with the spark plug pointed up if possible, to keep the oil from filling the combustion chamber. Most of the drives on rotary mowers are fairly simple mechanisms and easy enough to spot what failed.

If it is power REEL mower things get a bit more complex but still in the reach of most semi-skilled folks. I've got a nice freshly sharpened classic reel push hand mower you can borrow. Not quite sure why I've kept it for the last 50 years as you can't cut St Augustine with it. Godzilla might but I sure can't.
Well, she did run out of gas and all I had was a bottle of fuel I had mixed up for the chainsaw... But, what I'd done is picked up what I thought was 2 stroke oil and added it to the mix, but it was actually Chain oil.
So that was all I had on the shelves. Petrol and chain oil mix.

She smokes a bit, but she does sound healthy. :dance013:

I will try and open it up and see what's needed, but I am fat and lazy and the exercise is doing me quite good, but the wife is getting a little bit fed up of the moaning.

and swearing.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Do you drink Mr P?

I like a drop of overproof rum from time to time, Wray and Nephew...
I may try it myself, purely for science of course.

I do know a pal of mine puts his stalks and stems in bottles of rum and lets them soak until drinking time. He regularly falls asleep in the middle of game night.
People say I have a drinking problem.....Really? I actually have no problem drinking at all.

Latest posts

Latest posts