What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think you're safe Gypsy, I'm going to guess that inside the widget/gadget thing was a magnetic device and the app on the phone was more likely connected to that widget/gadget then to your pacemmaker and that the app manipulates the magnet in such a way as to adjust the settings. So unless the hacker hacked in precisely as the device was placed on your heart he/she would be unable to adjust anything. That also fits with the risk microwaves can present to a pacemaker as the main thing that allows a microwave to function is a fairly powerful magnet. But yeah it could be an interesting movie plot, they could call it "Magnetic Attraction" or something like that. :biggrin:
Yeah - that kinda makes sense 🤔 - either way - it's not gonna lose me any sleep - because although I might think the worst outcomes thru - they rarely if ever happen to me. -

jokerman

Premium user
1715649824140.jpeg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yeah - that kinda makes sense 🤔 - either way - it's not gonna lose me any sleep - because although I might think the worst outcomes thru - they rarely if ever happen to me. -
Careful, it's been my experience when I say, "rarely if ever comes true" while talking about a bad outcome, that's precisely when the universe and the fates prove me wrong. Unfortunately the fates and the universe have no problem ignoring me when I say that about good outcomes. :badday:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Yep...CHUM FM, even for me in Guelph CJOY left lots to be desired relative to CHUM AM but when FM came along... that opened my ears to new music. I was always disappointed that Canadian talent was brushed under the rug, I had respect for the Canadian musicians who gave up the glamor of moving out of country to try and claim fame elsewhere.

Because of Toronto being so close we quite often went there for entertainment, I use to go to the Electric Circus and the Colonial frequently.

Your working life reflected your interests, that's special.

Like many things in life music is subjective to personal taste.

I lived in Pickering for a couple years back in the 80’s

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love

Love it. I am (was)a classic vinyl freak. Not a scratch on one of them. All equipment long gone... haven't played anything in decades. Some are worth $$$$. Pandora now days.
I still have a strobascopic turntable with a diamond stylus, but the teenagers at a previous live in relationship that I had scratched a lot of my vinyl.

cola

I guess I should provide an update regarding kicking my sugar in coffee attempt for anyone else thinking about it. Today is nearing the end of my coffee day in day two, and I am still missing it. I definitely notice the effects. . I drink coffee throughout the day, so to say it has become a looked forward to habit is an understatement. At roughly a british stone overweight, I have some work cut our for me. My first battle is with sugar in my coffee. After I have slayed that dragon, I will work on the after dinner sweet cravings. That is surely next. One certain step at a time..

Well, it's the end of my coffee day sugar abstinence day four. Four was markedly easier then three. Did not really think about it much at all today. If this trend continues it should be easy-breezy smooth sailing after a week. Then my plan is to take a short pause to tackle the after the dinner sweet tooth beast. Before doing so, I need to deplete my typically ever present homemade chocolate chip cookie supply. I may need to find a source of 60+ percent dark chocolate to fill the dopamine holes left from abstinence. I do believe that this is what part of the craving is about. Anyone tagging along thinking about doing this: It is easier then it sounded. The decision can be the worst part. :unsure:

cola

Im getting cataract surgery next month. Both eyes. It does feel like an old thing tho

I am hearing about you all talking about this with the keenest of interest. I have had to wear glasses since I was young, with one weak eye and one strong one. My eyes get by with driving without them (barely). Last time I want to get checked they told me that I was not a candidate for any type of corrective surgery due to age related irregularity in the shape of the eyeball. I wonder if this is till the case? I truly struggle with ever increasing prescription strength.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Careful, it's been my experience when I say, "rarely if ever comes true" while talking about a bad outcome, that's precisely when the universe and the fates prove me wrong. Unfortunately the fates and the universe have no problem ignoring me when I say that about good outcomes. :badday:
Well - I tend to lean on my optimistic side - in cases such as this - so as not to gain a foul mood over something out of my control - and so avoid worrying about it - self inflicted angst - can be a killer in itself -

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I am hearing about you all talking about this with the keenest of interest. I have had to wear glasses since I was young, with one weak eye and one strong one. My eyes get by with driving without them (barely). Last time I want to get checked they told me that I was not a candidate for any type of corrective surgery due to age related irregularity in the shape of the eyeball. I wonder if this is till the case? I truly struggle with ever increasing prescription strength.
if you are getting a lasik surgery you are good to go and its come a long way

cola

Well - I tend to lean on my optimistic side - in cases such as this - so as not to gain a foul mood over something out of my control - and so avoid worrying about it - self inflicted angst - can be a killer in itself -

Amen, bro. We have to accentuate the positive. I was fortunate to have a mentor for a mother, and she preached this idea and concept to me though young adulthood. Throughout life I have learned to be like the little choo-choo train climbing up the hill, chugging in time: "I think I can .. I think I can .. I think I can .. I think I can .. I think I can .. And eventually and amazingly, what needs to get done surely does. This seems to always work, as long as I do my part.