What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Beautiful. I have seen it once. Amazing colors.
OH YEAH... the aurora is just beautiful. If I had looked at the weather site yesterday I would have known and not missed it. I have seen the aurora on a few occasions and always fascinated by it. If it's on tonight I will be watching.

The top photo was taken next door looking straight up the others looking towards town.

Unca Walt

420club
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the original version for the movie theaters had it as "I think he broke his fucking neck" and then when they released it on tv a few years later it was dubbed over to make it seem like he said, "I think he broke his freaking neck". If you look closely at the image his mouth's movement doesn't seem to quite match up with "freaking". Then again, I might have just been stoned at the time? :biggrin:
You are spot on. That's just how it happened.

Unca Walt

420club
I drink decaf... one cup.

Used to do the leaded, but it made the ol' ticker 'flutter', as in A-Flutter which is the nephew of A-Fib so I'm told... it's unleaded for me which seems to work.

Anyone here have cardiac ablation done? Results? Recommendations?

That's what the CardoDoc suggested, but when you go to a surgeon with a hammer, every problem is a nail....

Looking for less drastic measures....

Here is some news you ain't gonna like -- there IS caffeine in "DeCaf" coffee. And that "flutter" ain't the nephew of A-fib, it is A-fib itself sitting on a hairy trigger, sorta beginning and falling back.

There is also caffeine in DeCaf tea. And soda.

Now back to your current solution: The problem is that you are pushing on that A-fib trigger with every cup of DeCaf. And the trigger is slowly moved closer to the flip-point with each additional "no problem" cup.

Trust yer Unca on this: Stay the fuck away from A-fib triggers like caffeine in any amount. Do not talk yourself into trouble.

Last edited:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Dutch is sulking...he's got allergies and today he comes up on the porch with a cue ball sized bare spot from chewing himself...I took out the collar of shame and he's banging into everything he passes...they adapt, he was drinking from toilet with his head dead center of the bowl and the collar well placed around the bowl...

Goldhedge

over the past 3 years have trimmed right down (went from 265lbs - 210lbs) - do more stretching - and less sitting - strengthened my core too - so it's much more bareable today - sometimes I hardly notice it -
Iffn you want a really good low impact 22m/day stretching regimen check out Essentrics by Miranda Esmonde-White

She's on PBS telly and on YT. It really works and I'm not easily impressed.

FWIW YMMV

Goldhedge

Here is some news you ain't gonna like -- there IS caffeine in "DeCaf" coffee. And that "flutter" ain't the nephew of A-fib, it is A-fib itself sitting on a hairy trigger, sotta beginning and falling back.

There is also caffeine in DeCaf tea. And soda.

Now back to your current solution: The problem is that you are pushing on that A-fib trigger with every cup of DeCaf. And the trigger is slowly moved closer to the flip-point with each additional "no problem" cup.

Trust yer Unca on this: Stay the fuck away from A-fib triggers like caffeine in any amount. Do not talk yourself into trouble.
Well shoot Unca!

I even told the cardio doc I only drink 1 cup a day and he didn't think that was a problem! I suppose he didn't want to lose a prospective client??

Looks like I might have to switch to elephant piss then!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dutch is sulking...he's got allergies and today he comes up on the porch with a cue ball sized bare spot from chewing himself...I took out the collar of shame and he's banging into everything he passes...they adapt, he was drinking from toilet with his head dead center of the bowl and the collar well placed around the bowl...
Poor Dutch!

dog asking other dog to lick his balls.jpg

cola

OH YEAH... the aurora is just beautiful. If I had looked at the weather site yesterday I would have known and not missed it. I have seen the aurora on a few occasions and always fascinated by it. If it's on tonight I will be watching.

The top photo was taken next door looking straight up the others looking towards town.

I went outside last night in hopes and anticipation of seeing them, but no dice. Too far south I guess.
Tonight should be even clearer, so I guess there is hope. All depends on magnetic fields, and the sun.
Many moons ago I was imbibing near a lake adjacent to canada. The scenes were utterly spectacular.