What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

It was Sophie's 12th birthday today. We splurged and got halibut & chips from a local take out. I think that she enjoyed it more than us . . .

Halibut has gotten pretty pricey ($33 for 2) and this was overcooked and tough.

View attachment 18999424
Halibut is very expensive, I checked where we buy fish & chips $32.99 for 2 piece and chips. I also see they no longer offer coleslaw with the order. Coleslaw is an extra 2.49 now.

OleReynard

@Dogzter
FB_IMG_1715211225333.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Two

Two reasons, I have cervical spondylosis(moderate-severe) and constantly turning my head for driving would put me in agony, I have degenerative bone disease in my shoulders(moderate-severe) and holding my arms up for any length of time would become painful.

The other reason is morphine, in 2010 when I started taking morphine daily, I called the RCMP and asked if it was illegal to drive while taking morphine. They told me no but if I was to cause an accident I could be taken to civil court and sued.

I had a family member who was charged with motor manslaughter, I seen the avalanche of problems that happened in that persons life. I don't want that to be me.
So sorry oldman ..... I'm not supposed to drive at night. I know what is eventually coming. Making the best of it while I can.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I haven't driven since August 2013 when I was thrown into that camp bagong diwa detention jail in Manila - all my vehicles at the time were in the Philippines - so 2 and a half years later - when I was allowed to deport back to the UK 🇬🇧 - and faught off extradition to the USA - I had no vehicle to use - except a bicycle and started walking everywhere - couldn't afford to buy a car anyway - but realized that owning a car would be a pain in the arse in the metropolitan London area - where my little apartment was

- got a free bus/tube pass at 60 years old - but mainly just walked everywhere I needed to go - schlepping lots of shopping 🛍 too - gaining physical benefit from all of that physical activity 😀 - and haven't missed all the tax and insurances - parking costs and tickets - fuel/oil and service/mechanics costs - worrying about theft and vandalism - and washing a car - all things that go with vehicle ownership - so MUCH LESS STRESS - and cost - and I'm much healthier due to all the walking and schlepping too -

I still have one Toyota SUV - back on Palawan in the Philippines 🇵🇭 - and one day hope to return - where I will need it - due to all the long distances and rough roads and hauling heavy stuff to rebuild my old beach house 🏠 - hopefully within the next 5 years or so - 😀

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I haven't driven since August 2013 when I was thrown into that camp bagong diwa detention jail in Manila - all my vehicles at the time were in the Philippines - so 2 and a half years later - when I was allowed to deport back to the UK 🇬🇧 - and faught off extradition to the USA - I had no vehicle to use - except a bicycle and started walking everywhere - couldn't afford to buy a car anyway - but realized that owning a car would be a pain in the arse in the metropolitan London area - where my little apartment was

- got a free bus/tube pass at 60 years old - but mainly just walked everywhere I needed to go - schlepping lots of shopping 🛍 too - gaining physical benefit from all of that physical activity 😀 - and haven't missed all the tax and insurances - parking costs and tickets - fuel/oil and service/mechanics costs - worrying about theft and vandalism - and washing a car - all things that go with vehicle ownership - so MUCH LESS STRESS - and cost - and I'm much healthier due to all the walking and schlepping too -

I still have one Toyota SUV - back on Palawan in the Philippines 🇵🇭 - and one day hope to return - where I will need it - due to all the long distances and rough roads and hauling heavy stuff to rebuild my old beach house 🏠 - hopefully within the next 5 years or so - 😀
The average milage per person driven in Colorado is approximately 15,000 miles per year.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The average milage per person driven in Colorado is approximately 15,000 miles per year.
On average I walk around 120 miles per month - so around 1440 miles per year - which is usually the life of a £100 pair of shoes - although I do have a pair that cost £110 and have done 2000 miles so far - and are still going strong - 💪

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Finally - I am getting prepped for surgery - the surgeon said he will go in thru the part healed scar - where they put a pacemaker in 2 weeks ago - to correct the placement of a loose wire in the heart ❤️ - and secure it in the place where it should be - all they will give me is a tranquilliser - and a local anesthetic for the scar/cut area - not a long procedure - and when it's done - I should be able to be allowed to GO HOME!!! - after spending a whole week - parked up and waiting for this corrective surgery to happen - 🙃 phew!

Unca Walt

420club
Doctor won't preform any type of medical procedure here without you signing a release form!
Bro... You cannot sign your ass away. If you signed a release form, that is nice. But if the doctor does something that is not per the standard procedure for (whatever) he is still responsibobble.

Here's how it goes (in the US) -- Doctors are ALL salaried employees exactly like every other salaried employee. The bean-counters (that are dismantling the med profession) will only allow their "employee doctors" to use the gazillion-dollar equipment if they are accredited
at that particular horsepistol.

These bean counters insure their doctors in case a doctor removes the wrong leg.

Magu🌈

Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers Gypsy. I hope this is finally the last time they mess with you. I have been losing my eyesight slowly and cant drive at night anymore. I renewed my liscence last March but faked my way through the eye exam. I live in a rural area in farm country and always needed a car because the nearest town is 10 miles away. Now the Amish have moved in to the community and opened a small general store about 2 miles from me. Its expensive but within walking distance. A “Dollar General” store opened about 4 miles away which is easily done on a bike. I would be happy to give up my car and all the problems it causes. But I cant retire for a long time. 🌈

Unca Walt

420club
love ABBA too…

are any of those videos still floating around?
Bigsur51 -- I guess I wuzzn't clear. Each video was a one-off, personally made for the folks on the dive. They were videoed while they were down there with me. I would mail them the video (last one was to Texas IIRC) as soon as I put in ABBA background music, and my narration.

Oddly, the only video I have of my own with me hand-feeding them was made by CNN. I have labeled it "CNN Hatchet Job".

What I was doin' soon got copied by outfits in the Bahamas, and the way they did it was stoopit: They'd dump a garbage can full of frozen fish guts down near the divers. <-- The utter stupidity of this is in the reality that if the sharks go into frenzy, anything edible down there is at risk. And there is no turning the frenzy off. No control.

What I did was feed ONE fish to ONE calm, sorta puppydog-acting shark. He would go away munching, and the other sharks would just cruise around calmly, waiting for their ration.

It was fun (and this was mentioned on my videos for the viewers to notice) to watch what happens the second another poor grunt gets whacked with my Hawaiian sling:

The sharks that haven't had a snack all turn to look. And while now stimulated, they sorta just oooze up to me. First one gets the fish, and the other sharks say, "Aw shit, all gone." and wander around hopefully again.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
Bro... You cannot sign your ass away. If you signed a release form, that is nice. But if the doctor does something that is not per the standard procedure for (whatever) he is still responsibobble.

Here's how it goes (in the US) -- Doctors are ALL salaried employees exactly like every other salaried employee. The bean-counters (that are dismantling the med profession) will only allow their "employee doctors" to use the gazillion-dollar equipment if they are accredited
at that particular horsepistol.

These bean counters insure their doctors in case a doctor removes the wrong leg.
And what I meant to add (but fergot becuz I was stoned) was that if/when a doctor screws the pooch, the bean counters scream and strike:

Strict procedures are formally written and all doctors accredited at that hospital chain are required to know, read and follow. This is exactly the genesis and now universal practice of actually marking the "leg to cut off" with huge magic markers.

LATE PS: Scooter has told me that the surgeons will speak briefly to the patient hisself to discuss which/what is gonna go under the knife, confirming with the patient that the magic marker is correct. <-- You can imagine the fate dealt out by the hospital management to the doctor that does not bother to notice the magic marker and just cuts away...

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
I am surprised by all the like minded people here who are not nappers. I feel unpleasantly groggy after a nap and it's not for me.
If I do fall asleep sometimes for half the evening that's a different story.
AWRIGHT. ATTENTION ALLA YOUSE NON-NAPPERS!!

Y'all still have the ring of the potty 'round your hineys. Still poopin' yellow. Just you wait until yer well into yer 8th decade.

Napping becomes reality just like mourning becomes Electra. Wha?

Anyway... sometime around noon or so, the Beautiful Witch will get a fit of the wearys at the same time I do. We'll lay down and zero out for about 30-40 minutes. Every day. Wake up ready to fly again.

Unca Walt

420club
I get 50,000 miles on my michelins but as mentioned I drive aggressively...back right tire is the first to go...

speaking of lawyers, there's a good chance I will be initiating 2 law suits in the near future...believe me, it's not by choice...I don't let idiots shit on my front yard...fuck around and find out...
ooooooohhh tell us the gory details.

Latest posts

Latest posts