What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Amen on avoiding anything with lawyers involved. The legal system is highly biased toward those with the most money.
I had a meeting with a lawyer today. All I needed was advice so the IRS wouldn't come knocking on my door. Productive meeting.
have not driven in well over 10 years but still maintain my license.
Why?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Learned early in life you need good rubber😊
1715205697444.png

BrassNwood

Veteran
Any rock hounds in our midst?

I am a great believer in reclamation/ reusing materials... free is of course my goal ;)

There is a property nearby that has had a great many stones/ rocks piled up
in the back corner that I've been eyeballing for as long as I've lived here.

A few weeks back, I asked permission to harvest some and was told yes!
Sweet! I am doing an entire landscaping project and I wanted some lovely
rocks for the front of the property around the bushes.
They are now placed there and look great.

I found 3 pink stones that really stood out so, I set them aside. They have been
about half buried in soil for ?? how long. I scrubbed them off and brought
them upstairs to sit on my front porch.

Looking more closely, I do think they may be pink quartz. Issues are:
they are weather worn and soil stained.
And trying to find images on line of raw pink quartz has been unfruitful.

Any one know of how I may verify that these are indeed pink quartz?
Rose quartz is the correct search term you should use for a better selection of Information. This household is 2nd generation rockhounds and while I've not done much collecting in the last few years, I still can't resist flipping a rock over with my toe to see if it's work bending down for.
Where is BrassNwood. He was getting some kind of medical procedure as well....
I've survived my endovascular adventures. Checked at 10:00 and in surgery by 14:00 and woke up in intensive care unit at 16:00.

Spent that night awake with the constat beeping and on the hour foot and wrist checks for warmth and good pulse. Thank you, Fatima, for your fine attention to detail.

CT with contrast Tuesday morning and booted out the door by late afternoon.

PXL_20240508_212218923.jpg

My new Borg implant.

PXL_20240507_024328036.jpg

The preop nurse missed her allowed 2 jabs into my left arm and the new tech did my right hand which put my dominant hand out of use. Nice view of downtown Loa Angeles from the ICU room. Never did see a regular room boot out straight from ICU

PXL_20240507_190807334.jpg

Lunch yesterday. Really good although the wife said it lack taste and needed salt. Since I haven't reached for a saltshaker in 10 years it was plenty tasty to me. Eating left-handed presenting real challenges.

PXL_20240508_191742427.jpg

The 16 travelers I brought with us did fine as expected.

The city has kept messing with the limit amounts you could have. At first it 6 plants per adult living on the property. We had 4 adults in the house and 24 plants in the yard. Then it was just 2 card carrying weed smokers per home and now it's 1 per. But I've grown here for 13 years and never had a visit from the cannabis plant count inspectors in all that time and really the fine is more you have to destroy the excess. Now if they find a couple hundred flowering plants, we have trouble Houston.

Maybe not, that’s why he owned it. I’m sure I could have sued my doc for the wrong kidney operation. Would have been happy if he owned it too instead of sweeping it under the rug saying i needed work in the other side too…☹️ even tho i was in there for the left kidney. In the submarine world we would have had a big critique for a mistake like that and a lessons learned party with not only the folks involved but everyone to try and alleviate it from happening again.

You don't get second chances in a submarine. Any tiny fuckup means wholesale death. One of my old toking buddies was a Nuke submariner. Reactor operating gang.

I was gone just 2 days and had nearly 30 pages of catching up and yes, I read it all. Damn thread kept growing as fast as I was reading. I'd flip the page and find the thread had gained 2........

Kept getting an error Mon and Tues or I wouldn't have been so far behind. I thought the hospital might have sites blocked but I still couldn't get in after getting home Tues afternoon.

I'll relate my adventures 13 years ago with a doctor milking the system at a later date.

oldmaninbc

Two
I had a meeting with a lawyer today. All I needed was advice so the IRS wouldn't come knocking on my door. Productive meeting.

Why?
Two reasons, I have cervical spondylosis(moderate-severe) and constantly turning my head for driving would put me in agony, I have degenerative bone disease in my shoulders(moderate-severe) and holding my arms up for any length of time would become painful.

The other reason is morphine, in 2010 when I started taking morphine daily, I called the RCMP and asked if it was illegal to drive while taking morphine. They told me no but if I was to cause an accident I could be taken to civil court and sued.

I had a family member who was charged with motor manslaughter, I seen the avalanche of problems that happened in that persons life. I don't want that to be me.

oldmaninbc

Same around here because we don't drive on it that often unless we go to the mountains. We had more snow in Oklahoma but where I learned to drive in snow was Jolliet Illinois.
It's the same in Vancouver, it rains most of the winter. When it does snow some people are ill equipped for winter driving and chaos breaks out. When I lived down that way it would take about 15-20 min. to drive to work from my home, if there was a snow dump the drive could be in the hours. Mostly about waiting for traffic to move. Some don't understand a heavy foot will not get you anywhere faster.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Nearly midnight here - and the nurse woke me up to ask me if I wanted some breakfast - since tomorrow I will have to be 'nil by mouth' - not being allowed to eat - due to a surgical procedure happening - so that sounds positive eh?
- had two pieces of brown toast with butter 🧈 and jam 😋 -