What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
In our younger year my sister had a big sleek Arabian gelding.
Yes. that horse was an asshole.
It knew she wasnt strong enough to control it and took advantage .
The little Italian farrier who came to shoe the horse didnt like the horses attitude either.
Oh, the cuss words that came out of his mouth when he was shoeing that horse would make your ears bleed.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well - let the mood swing back towards the positive - I say - accentuate the positive even eh? -

So I decided to go for a slow walk along the Thames - and leave the confines of St Thomas's hospital - feeling a tad claustrophobic - medically speaking - so got changed into my walking attire - and headed for the main door - and the South Bank of the Thames area - with lots going on in wonderful weather - not too hot and not too cold - comfortable in a light jacket and t-shirt - passed by The London Eye - this great big wheel with viewing gondolas on it - and passed by 3 bridges - ending up around The South Bank Centre - watching youngsters skate in a skate park and others playing the bongo drums 🥁 and assorted other percussive instruments - called the Mrs on Wassap - and chatted with her while I was down by the river as Uberboats went by - on the way back stopped for a truffle burger at some out door restaurant - which was delicious - 😋 - then headed back to Babylon -

jokerman

Premium user
They had student protests at Stony Brook College.
Stony Brook college is a highly rated first class college.
I had applied to that college and others when I was out of high school.
They were the first college that rejected me immediately.
I still get correspondence from the local community college to come on back and finish..

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Veg tent full of new from seed plants.
Bigsur holyweed plant in the center.
IMG_20240507_121917_1.jpg

Thing is a freak and I am hoping it is a male at this point.
The biomass is extremely impressive while also being.........different.
IMG_20240507_121958_0.jpg
IMG_20240507_121940_0.jpg
IMG_20240507_122220_4.jpg

jokerman

Premium user

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Back from a walk. I just put a call into my Attorney to get an interest only loan which I am the lean holder on updated. It is a five year note which is expiring in July. It is a house which my daughter bought from me and they want me to extend it out another five years. Fine by me. I only get 4% and these kinds of loans are usually done at prime but it is my daughter so I give her a break.

The loan is structured so they are the home owner and therefore they get the tax break. I will gladly extend it out for as long as they want.

jokerman

Premium user
an
Back from a walk. I just put a call into my Attorney to get an interest only loan which I am the lean holder on updated. It is a five year note which is expiring in July. It is a house which my daughter bought from me and they want me to extend it out another five years. Fine by me. I only get 4% and these kinds of loans are usually done at prime but it is my daughter so I give her a break.

The loan is structured so they are the home owner and therefore they get the tax break. I will gladly extend it out for as long as they want.
any thing to keep your hard earned $ out of crooked folks hands

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Horses are assholes.
🤔

What breed? We had quarter horses and a paint growing up that followed us around like dogs.

We had one quarter horse mare that certainly was, and one that was schizoid, but our paint was an absolute sweetheart. Me and my little sisters rode her bareback as often as with a saddle.

She followed me around like a dog and rounded up the livestock and brought them in when it was milk time (and time for me to sneak her some dairy food containing oats and molasses.)
andalucian
he is a total sweetheart and loves to jump
my sister rides him in shows

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Any rock hounds in our midst?

I am a great believer in reclamation/ reusing materials... free is of course my goal ;)

There is a property nearby that has had a great many stones/ rocks piled up
in the back corner that I've been eyeballing for as long as I've lived here.

A few weeks back, I asked permission to harvest some and was told yes!
Sweet! I am doing an entire landscaping project and I wanted some lovely
rocks for the front of the property around the bushes.
They are now placed there and look great.

I found 3 pink stones that really stood out so, I set them aside. They have been
about half buried in soil for ?? how long. I scrubbed them off and brought
them upstairs to sit on my front porch.

Looking more closely, I do think they may be pink quartz. Issues are:
they are weather worn and soil stained.
And trying to find images on line of raw pink quartz has been unfruitful.

Any one know of how I may verify that these are indeed pink quartz?
are they terminated in any way or is it just a lump of rock? how opaque are they?
it could be quartz or just pretty rocks
/pic would help

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I grew up with horses and Black Angus cows. At one time we had over 100 head of horses. While the kids were playing after school I was feeding, chasing or shoveling horse manure from the stables. Today I want nothing to do with them.
As far as the cows go....worthless.

My parents gave me a retired cutting horse named Ranger. So well disciplined I usually rode him bareback with a hackamore.

I haven't been on a horse since high school.

Unca Walt

420club
HEY!! Remember I told you guys about the huge bolide I saw? I assumed since I saw it at 3:00 AM, there would be nobody with a camera to hand.

Turns out there were several cameras that caught it. I kept on watching the string of different videos until suddenly:

There it was as I saw it: Fiery pieces breaking off overhead, then the entire world around me was suddenly in brilliant daylight. This can be seen pretty accurately in the one starting at the 30-second mark.

"The light show seen over Florida was caused by a 900-pound bolide that hit Earth's atmosphere at 50 degrees going 38,000 miles per hour and generated enough energy to equal 14 tons of dynamite."

I add one thing: While that video was spectacular, it was in black and white. The fireball was orange and white and red, and the explosion was pure white.

SubGirl

420club
One of our horses kicked our Boxer in the chest and killed it. They were best friends too, but the Boxer startled it.
I’ve been kicked a few times. Usually only left a bruise but once got the wind knocked outta me by Grandaddys Appaloosa stud. He was so mad he took a pitch fork to the stud for punishment which I’m sure the horse had no idea by then. I cried as it was my fault for being behind him knowing he was a badass.