What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's my way or the highway.
They just have to look at you with those puppy dog eyes and all is lost.
Layla 10.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It doesn't sound like you grew up to be a James Bond villain, so all is good.
It certainly gave me a strong work ethic, which was helpful, and it taught me that the most daunting task is completed one weed at a time.

Eventually you come to the end of the last row and if you have done a good job, it isn't immediately necessary to start on the first row again.

oldmaninbc

It certainly gave me a strong work ethic, which was helpful, and it taught me that the most daunting task is completed one weed at a time.

Eventually you come to the end of the last row and if you have done a good job, it isn't immediately necessary to start on the first row again.
A good work ethic will go along way in life, something to feel good about.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My gramps taught me gardening at age 12, one of the best things an adult done for me.

Glad your back on track for recovery, as long as you don't over do it. No I am not going to scold you, but look after yourself.:)
Yes - well - I would think that cultivation/rural sciences /gardening whatever you may call it - is an essential skill to pass on to the next generation - along with foraging/survival tech and cooking - primarily aimed at their own food security - and getting by with enough nutrition to survive and thrive - in an uncertain future -

- Things have been moving along well with my recovery 🙏 today - keeping as mobile as is sensible - with around 3 slow miles of walking today - combining a visit to a needy cat (Smudge) - and some very light shopping - then home to rest - cook and eat - my wife took the day off work today -.just to make sure that I was OK 👍 - Bless her xxx

BrassNwood

Veteran
So so true....
Early bikes:

1714413213186.png
I'd ride it. It's not that far removed from my stock hand cranked Model T.
Electric starters are for cowards.
Hey! Am I allowed to join?

I 'm old enuf. Honest.

I 'm so old my 2 great grand daughters just got their periods.

(I hope you are really Old Farts who are too mature to make jokes about periods.)

I was 16 when John Kennedy was killed. Mopar had just released a model here called 'Valiant'. It had this revolutionary motor ... a slant 6. 145hp.

I even used to be a Hippie ... !
Leaning Tower of Power.

jokerman

Premium user
Good afternoon Farts, young and old.

I can't believe it's May in a couple of days and yet here we are still in Winter rainy season. It started in September and has not let up. I need to move somewhere warmer, but no ticks please or bears or snakes.

Pup has emptied his toy basket into his bed, I think he is trying to tell me something.

View attachment 18995172

The wife is in that there London for a few days, I'm amazed pup and i haven't destroyed the house yet.
I asked him and he said he needs more toys asap..

jokerman

Premium user
moving right along….😂🤡😂

hell , maybe me and Swede will move to Lockwood NY..

this seems like a hella deal…

Warning Will Robinson!
Nothing is cheap in N Y any more ( except my ex brother-in-law.)☝️