What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

1680028766082.jpg

I miss my magic bean.
He used to wake me up every morning trying to lick my ears out.

jokerman

Premium user
2nd pot ‘o coffee

more herbs to celebrate Fried-day

the weekend is looking good , LIV golf down under , huge crowd!..250,000 humans!…

View attachment 18993564

View attachment 18993565
Sweet Jesu❤️
Yeah but when estimating the value I always consider the quality and so I would compare to one as close to the same as the one I built. Pre-builts do a lot to cut the costs, mainly by using motherboards with most of the other componants built into the motherboard (ie built in video, audio, network, etc). Those can save lots of money but the problem is if any of those built in componants go bad then you have to replace the whole system or at least the motherboard. Also with the built in video they usually get the videocard memory from the system memory and while that works it's inferior to the memory you get on a seperate video card and it also impacts the overall system performance.
I agree ,I was into recording and had built towers.
I never play games and a decent laptop works well for my needs.
When I was the master electrician for NASA I needed more HP 🙄

jokerman

Premium user
Once upon a time there was a female brain cell which, by mistake, happened to end up in a man's head.

She looked around nervously because it was all empty and quiet. "Hello?" she cried, but no answer. "Is there anyone here?" she cried a little louder, but still no answer.

Now the female brain cell started to feel alone and scared and yelled at the top of her voice, "HELLO, IS THERE ANYONE HERE?"

Then she heard a faint voice from far, far away..............

"We're down here .".☝️

jokerman

Premium user
Being British means driving your German car to an Irish pub to have a Belgian beer, then grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way home where you recline on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.
Was not sure this was true and wanted Gypsys opinion

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From my experience building your own costs more $,
When you have a choice one usually goes with the better and if this one component is better you want everything to be as good.

Yeah but when estimating the value I always consider the quality and so I would compare to one as close to the same as the one I built. Pre-builts do a lot to cut the costs, mainly by using motherboards with most of the other componants built into the motherboard (ie built in video, audio, network, etc). Those can save lots of money but the problem is if any of those built in componants go bad then you have to replace the whole system or at least the motherboard. Also with the built in video they usually get the videocard memory from the system memory and while that works it's inferior to the memory you get on a seperate video card and it also impacts the overall system performance.
My first computer was a 386 assembled out of parts from other dead ones by the IT department where I worked for me. My second one was built from off the shelf components by my ex-BIL.

When it died, my ex-BIL recommended just buying one off the shelf for my kind of use, and my third was an HP from COSTCO. When it died I went through two Dells in just over a year and am back to HP.

My IT guy installed the previous HP and the last Dell drives in my new HP as auxiliary drives, so I still have access to their content.

The hardest part is running my 32 bit Auto CAD LT program on my 64 bit computer and if finally became convoluted enough that I purchased an old laptop for the Auto CAD 2002 and have it set up so that I can switch the screen and controls for the laptop to my regular keyboard and monitor.

jokerman

Premium user
My first computer was a 386 assembled out of parts from other dead ones by the IT department where I worked for me. My second one was built from off the shelf components by my ex-BIL.

When it died, my ex-BIL recommended just buying one off the shelf for my kind of use, and my third was an HP from COSTCO. When it died I went through two Dells in just over a year and am back to HP.

My IT guy installed the previous HP and the last Dell drives in my new HP as auxiliary drives, so I still have access to their content.

The hardest part is running my 32 bit Auto CAD LT program on my 64 bit computer and if finally became convoluted enough that I purchased an old laptop for the Auto CAD 2002 and have it set up so that I can switch the screen and controls for the laptop to my regular keyboard and monitor.
I remember my first computer was a 386 DX and a 100mb hard drive.
Couldnt imagine filling a 100 mb hard drive☝️
3.1 came in 10 floppy's !

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Old Farts 👋 . Yeah at twelve o'clock
Oh when the place was packed
Front doors was all locked
Well the place was packed
And when the police knocked
Those doors flew back
But they kept on rocking
Goin' round and round
Yeah, reeling and a rocking
What a crazy sound
And they never stopped rocking
'Til the moon went down

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
They'll be sticking a needle in ya and drawing that out, slight bit of congestive heart failure?
My dad loaded up on it almost drowned in his water
You ain't going home till they tell you you're going home so get comfortable.

I don't remember either of my parents in as long as you've been in so far and mom had a double bypass with a valve replacement.
Everyone's different but your case has been holding true to mark.
Yup OR - thats what they just did 🤷 to me - this lovely doctor lady from Illocos Norte' Pagasinan - stuck a canular into my left side - and drew 1.2 liters of bloody looking water - out of some pocket below my left lung - and sent it off to the lab -

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Yup OR - thats what they just did 🤷 to me - this lovely doctor lady from Illocos Norte' Pagasinan - stuck a canular into my left side - and drew 1.2 liters of bloody looking water - out of some pocket below my left lung - and sent it off to the lab -
Thinking the hospital is a bit confused....the keep telling you that you get to go home but keep torturing you!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Good morning folks. I have decided to not use my alarm clock in the morning unless I have an appointment or I need to go to the gym that day. My internal clock seems the favor 9:30 AM and I don’t have a problem with that. Today is the first day since I can remember that I’ve got a few really high-quality plans to trim. I’ve only grown the legend OG once before, so the all the others are new to me. It’s nice to have greasy buds. 😁

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Good morning folks. I have decided to not use my alarm clock in the morning unless I have an appointment or I need to go to the gym that day. My internal clock seems the favor 9:30 AM and I don’t have a problem with that. Today is the first day since I can remember that I’ve got a few really high-quality plans to trim. I’ve only grown the legend OG once before, so the all the others are new to me. It’s nice to have greasy buds. 😁
Nice to see some positive movement for you!
I hope you can have a good day today bro.