What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Yeah - it's been an interesting 10/11 days where pain is concerned - this Sternumotomy - Mitral valve fix - left coronary artery bypass - and now today's very sore implant - a veritable odessey of painful opportunities - that I tire of so much - can't wait to be pain free again - and not have to deal with the rotten stuff - now where is that sleeping pill?

It was during the 3rd round of slice and dice that one of the nurses tried to kill me. I'd hit the pain med button not long before and was still groggy as could be when I awoke to one of the nurses changing out the long packing that's jammed in the gaping hole left in my beltline with them shoving a 6 foot length of gauze in half down one side and half the other way.

Most had left the packing full length and just kept shoving it in. The previous nurse had cut the length in half and shoves half this way and half thataway.

This one pulls out the half packing and starts to shove the newest length of gauze in. Hold on there you've still got 3 feet of dirty packing in there. Couldn't be she exclaimed, and she starts in again. I argued with her and finally started yelling at the top of my voice to STOP!!!

That brought 2 other nurses and the resident on duty and eventually I convinced them to keep digging. What do you know they pulled out 3 more feet of bloody packing and I learned a valuable lesson. Hold your ground when you know something is wrong and be the squeaky wheel.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Yeah - it's been an interesting 10/11 days where pain is concerned - this Sternumotomy - Mitral valve fix - left coronary artery bypass - and now today's very sore implant - a veritable odessey of painful opportunities - that I tire of so much - can't wait to be pain free again - and not have to deal with the rotten stuff - now where is that sleeping pill?
f'n hell mate! its like that old car that you just cant let go of
so whats left to fix ?
/jk friend
get better soon brother

this one goes out to the nurses who have been tending to your every need!
/send them all my xoxo

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240425_195039_0.jpg
IMG_20240425_195048_8.jpg

Was a fairly nice day here today without any drama and minimal chaos.
😆

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
f'n hell mate! its like that old car that you just cant let go of
so whats left to fix ?
/jk friend
get better soon brother

this one goes out to the nurses who have been tending to your every need!
/send them all my xoxo
Yeah man - had a chest xray yesterday - and my shortness of breath has been attributed to some sorta water retention - since my left lung is retaining moisture - and they are gonna investigate 🔎 that problem today - the long and the short of it is - that I won't be going home today (more than likely) sad 😢

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I finally got it to set. Letting it go up until it stopped at 713. Used down key to lower to 460, press set once, four blank come up, hit it again and the number I set was in there.

In a few minutes, climbed again. Then after messing for a while it set itself to 530 and stayed. Lowered again to 460, two taps on set and it finally held

Turned it on again tonight and it's right where set. Thanks for the tips!
Sounds like blindly pushing buttons works yet again!
😆
Any difference between it and the zeal that you notice?

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Yeah man - had a chest xray yesterday - and my shortness of breath has been attributed to some sorta water retention - since my left lung is retaining moisture - and they are gonna investigate 🔎 that problem today - the long and the short of it is - that I won't be going home today (more than likely) sad 😢
Hope it isnt pneumonia and you can get the fuck home.
They certainly are testing the new work for stress with their nonsense.
🙃

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hope it isnt pneumonia and you can get the fuck home.
They certainly are testing the new work for stress with their nonsense.
🙃
What else is getting under my skin - is that each nurse seems to have a different attitude and procedure to the giving out of pain meds - some tell you ' if you feel pain - just ask - and you will get the meds' (on demand) - others work it to a set schedule - and won't deviate from that - but are proactive and make sure you get the meds exactly on time - others you literally have to beg for it - and some just seem to constantly forget that you do need pain meds - and so you have to chase them down - and demand/beg them for pain relief - this mish-mash of differing procedures is most disconcerting - and mentally painful within itself -

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
What else is getting under my skin - is that each nurse seems to have a different attitude and procedure to the giving out of pain meds - some tell you ' if you feel pain - just ask - and you will get the meds' (on demand) - others work it to a set schedule - and won't deviate from that - but are proactive and make sure you get the meds exactly on time - others you literally have to beg for it - and some just seem to constantly forget that you do need pain meds - and so you have to chase them down - and demand/beg then for pain relief - this mish-mash of differing procedures is most disconcerting - and mentally painful itself -
that sux man and i hope you get to go home soon you old dog!
get better! next beer is on me
dog_lappingBeer.gif

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
What else is getting under my skin - is that each nurse seems to have a different attitude and procedure to the giving out of pain meds - some tell you ' if you feel pain - just ask - and you will get the meds' (on demand) - others work it to a set schedule - and won't deviate from that - but are proactive and make sure you get the meds exactly on time - others you literally have to beg for it - and some just seem to constantly forget that you do need pain meds - and so you have to chase them down - and demand/beg them for pain relief - this mish-mash of differing procedures is most disconcerting - and mentally painful within itself -
That is unacceptable and would result in some administrative action here.
Really sorry you have to be subjected to outright incompetence on top of the health issues.
You have to watch yourself and them at all times!
IMG_20240425_220013_8.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Ahh bless him - but watch out - because if he starts drinking too much - and on a regular basis - he might have to join - The Canine Version of Alchofrolics Unanymous #
right!
i had a dog named ukie who would drink beer! with the best
she would knock over your bottle if you put it on the ground! and then go to town on the suds!
ukie was a great dog!
ukie (1).jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
That is unacceptable and would result in some administrative action here.
Really sorry you have to be subjected to outright incompetence on top of the health issues.
You have to watch yourself and them at all times!
View attachment 18993457
Yup - have to try and keep an eye on what these nurses are doing - or what they are not doing - because it directly affects the health -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I suppose it is good to be conscious of the pain somewhat so your body can heal without further injury and also so you are aware of your own healing process but not a week or so after your surgery, that's too soon to be getting non regular pain meds :(

I hope you get some relief bro
Sure - I'm not looking to get high on these pharmaceutical drugs - rather to get them used efficiently for what they are prescribed for = killing pain -

A new nurse just came in and gave me a quick heart ultrasound - to see if there was any water accumulating around the heart ❤️ - and there is none - so it must be just in one lung 🫁 - and she said that can be treated with some other pills 💊 -

Magu🌈

Good morning everybody! 🌞 I hope we are all feeling a little bit better today, 😁 Did you get any sleep Gypsy? I woke up with a question on my mind. Gypsy, What is the most wild, most pure landrace seeds that you have ever collected? And what was the context of the situation in which you aquired them ( back story) ? I love the genetic and cultural history of cannabis plants. 🌈

Latest posts

Latest posts