What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Drifting13

Well in your case, since you seem to be pretty fit other then your heart issues, I'm less inclined to think you have sleep apnea, that post was sirected more at Boo (although I'm not sure how fit he is). It's been my observation that people who snore and have sleep apnea tend to be more on the overweight side. Now that doesn't mean a more fit person can't also have sleep apnea, it just seems to be more rare. If after you heal from your heart surgeries, if you don't feel back to your old self and you still find yourself tiring easily or waking up and not feeling well rested, then you might want to look into the sleep apnea thing. It usually starts with a pulmonologist who will then refer you for a sleep study which is where they usually diagnose sleep apnea. Now as far as pulmonary hypertension (which can go along with sleep apnea) I'm guessing at some point just before your open heart surgery they did an angiogram aka heart catherization test. According to my cardiologist that's the only test that can conclusively diagnose pulmonary hypertension. So if you did have an angiogram and you think you might have pulmonary hypertension you might want to ask your cardiologist if anything came up in your angiogram that might point to pulmonary hypertension. Either way both pulmonary hypertension and sleep apnea are treatable with the use of a CPap or a Bi-Pap when you sleep.
I use mine EVERY night.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_1276.jpeg
IMG_2531.jpeg
Hey Old Farts

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahhhh - here's me thinking that I can go home 🏡 today - because the surgeon who operated on me said that I could this morning - now I get told by the nurses - that I have to first have a chest xray - have all the wires pulled out of me - then take a rest for an hour - and have the new pacemaker checked properly - by the pacemaker checking experts - then have to have a good wash and scrub-up and get my prescriptions filled and sorted - and all of the above takes so long - that there is not enough time left in today - so they can only release me tomorrow morning -.oh bloody hell - what a palava!

oldfogey8

Ahhhh - here's me thinking that I can go home 🏡 today - because the surgeon who operated on me said that I could this morning - now I get told by the nurses - that I have to first have a chest xray - have all the wires pulled out of me - then take a rest for an hour - and have the new pacemaker checked properly - by the pacemaker checking experts - then have to have a good wash and scrub-up and get my prescriptions filled and sorted - and all of the above takes so long - that there is not enough time left in today - so they can only release me tomorrow morning -.oh bloody hell - what a palava!
You are in the home stretch. A few days ago they told you that you wouldn’t get the pacemaker until next week so you are ahead of the game. Easy for me to say though. I’m not the one itching to get sprung.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
😭

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Good morning folks I slept in this morning and then I nodded out on the couch while I was eating breakfast. Another day of zero energy gypsy, let me know when they finally release you and you’re able to have a conversation and I will give you a call… in the meantime, just chill out and listen to the doctors and they will get you out of there as soon as possible. As you are aware, nothing happens at the hospital in a rapid manner.

Last edited:

Kimes

They did give me a mild diazipam type of tranquilliser - and a local anesthetic - whilst they installed the pacemaker - and already I feel much more breathful - went for a little walk - and noticed that I wasn't fatigued at all - but must rest till this tranquilliser wears off - the Mrs is on her way to pick me up -
Sounds great. Take it easy now, you have time to be wild later too!

:bandit:

Kimes

Darn, should've read all the updates before hitting that reply button previously.

That sucks, but better safe than sorry I guess is the nurses thinking..

Hang in there bud! We all cheer for you and send all the love and silly goofy things to make this time easier.

Soon you're up to no good again as usual..!:ROFLMAO:

:bandit:

jokerman

Premium user
Heart issues are not easy to heal.
Got my heart broken at 22 and I still suffer ☝️

jokerman

Premium user