What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Kimes

once more
DSC00534.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I see your pack and they look excellent!
Dogs on a beach running free is nice to see.
😍
Yeah - at night 🌙 all over the beach were thousands of crabs 🦀 - and the dogs 🐕 could exercise their hunter/killer instincts upon them - and they would SLAUGHTER those crabs 🦀 happily and regularly - getting some amazing exercise whilst at it - then basking and swimming in the sea - when the sun came up - POW - the female Doberman - could kill the crabs 🦀 at 2-3 times the speed of any of the other dogs - she was a killing MACHINE!

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Morning OFs! I hope you're all felling better today.

Rainy season is back this morning and I really shouldn't have eaten those chilli coated peanuts last night.
If you ever feel like the bottom is falling out of your world, just remember it could be worse... I think the world has just fallen out of my bottom.

About to take the pup for a walk. Here he is thinking "I wish my dad would buy me a new toy"

IMG_3591.jpg

And here is the noisy bugger with his new squeaky yesterday morning. We've not had a minute's peace since. :whee:
IMG_3607.jpg

He is the happiest pup in the world. I'm trying to be more like him but with less bum sniffing.

Hope you all have a good day! :good:

Magu🌈

Good morning brothers and sisters .😁 Im awake and all caught Up. Damn you old farts talk a lot. 😂 You are overly verbose. Or as we say in my neck-of-the-woods, “BULLSHITTERS”! 🤣 I hope I got up in time to wish you luck on your surgery Gypsy. Im pulling for ya, We are all in this together ( Red Greene quote) . 🌈

jokerman

Premium user
I'll regroup with ya'll after this pacemaker is installed - in about 6 or 7 hours time - then we can compare notes - currently my heart rhythm is defo off-whack ♥️ - and this pacemaker should solve that problemo - and lead to a more efficient/smoother running ticker - making better use of the O2 available - and so cancelling out its current rough running condition - that's the theory anyway -
Best of luck

jokerman

Premium user

Unca Walt

420club
As the activity - on this busy Becket Ward increases this morning - I'd just like to thank all those members - who have offered 🫴 me - words of support - and information on my condition - that has helped me to understand WTF is going on with my 'Dodgy Ticker' - a better understanding - leads to less anxiety for me -
Yes - and I also have a distinct heart ❤️ ' Flutter' - that the only sensible fix - is by fitting a pacemaker - and can actually feel the arythmia pulsating at 4.39 am - here in Becket Ward - getting me thinking 🤔 that at any moment this could lead to a heart ❤️ attack - which is rather worrying dogzter -

A pacemaker is a literal godsend, GN. That chunk of meat in your chest with a living-tissue wire going to it to give it jolts... now has a shitty, shaky, and unreliable wire/meat connection because of the original problem with it.
So now they put what amounts to a modern wristwatch in place of the faulty meat-wire.

Of course, you will be shunned in society.

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
My son does complain that I snore pretty bad - since we do have to share the same sleeping room - in our tiny old apartment - so ya - that could well be an issue -
Well in your case, since you seem to be pretty fit other then your heart issues, I'm less inclined to think you have sleep apnea, that post was sirected more at Boo (although I'm not sure how fit he is). It's been my observation that people who snore and have sleep apnea tend to be more on the overweight side. Now that doesn't mean a more fit person can't also have sleep apnea, it just seems to be more rare. If after you heal from your heart surgeries, if you don't feel back to your old self and you still find yourself tiring easily or waking up and not feeling well rested, then you might want to look into the sleep apnea thing. It usually starts with a pulmonologist who will then refer you for a sleep study which is where they usually diagnose sleep apnea. Now as far as pulmonary hypertension (which can go along with sleep apnea) I'm guessing at some point just before your open heart surgery they did an angiogram aka heart catherization test. According to my cardiologist that's the only test that can conclusively diagnose pulmonary hypertension. So if you did have an angiogram and you think you might have pulmonary hypertension you might want to ask your cardiologist if anything came up in your angiogram that might point to pulmonary hypertension. Either way both pulmonary hypertension and sleep apnea are treatable with the use of a CPap or a Bi-Pap when you sleep.

kaochiu

Veteran
Hope this time the surgeon is right and you'll be home today, then you'll agree that it amounts to a grand total of two days in hospital, proving Einstein theory. Recovery time is easier as everyday you should feel a bit better, but when you get back to activity, you'll miss the pampering.
Our grandsons will buy DIY replacement organs by the dozen in amazon, I'd get plenty livers and lungs, but… a heart? Who needs that? Look at the megarich, they seem healthy and they run on lithyum batteries.

Latest posts

Latest posts