What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I'm feeling like I'm only running on 4 cylinders instead of 8 lately Boo - but I don't have to be on oxygen - just pain killers - laxatives - and blood thinners - have this pacemaker surgery scheduled for tomorrow - and am wondering how I'ma gonna feel after that - just have to grin 😁 and Bear 🐻 - whatever they do to me in this hospital 🏥 - and have faith that I'll eventually be feeling better - instead of worse - at some unspecified point - in the immediate future - I 'spose?
You should be, when I first got my by-pass I felt like a new man even before I got out of the hospital. Before I went in I couldn't walk more then 100 yards without getting severe chest pains (angina) forcing me to stop and rest a bit to get the chest pains to go away and continue on if I hadn't reached where I was walking to yet. On the the third day after they yanked out the drainage tubes freeing me from my bed, they encouraged me to get up and walk around a bit sayng it would help me to heal quicker and also help to have the bowel movement that my release was conditioned on. Well I immediately found I could walk much further then 100 yards without the chest pains. I was so delighted that for the next 3 days until I was released I was constantly walking around the hospital floor I was on. So between whatever you had done and the pace maker you should definitely be feeling like you used to several years ago since these heart problems tend to rob us slowly of our strength and endurance over time but we tend to just dismiss it as being tired until it gets to the point we recognize something has changed.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I love the feeling of being stoned.

1714009324788.png

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
exactly Gypsy, I laid down and got up just as pooped as I was earlier...if I was 20 I' do s bump or three to rev up the engines...I couldn't name all my meds for the life of me...the 2 pain pills are a Godsend...they make hurting easier to deal with...I forgot to take my second pill of the day today and I can feel it now...I hope to get to feeling right before too long...I have things to do and my ass isn't showing up to the party...you're in my prayers brother...you got a great team so all should flow and you'll be back to your pesky self...
Do you by any chance know if you have sleep apnea or not? Do you know if you snore when you're sleeping? If you have sleep apnea you might have also develope pulmonary hypertension which is difficult to diagnose and the only real fix for it is to sleep with a CPap or a BiPap machine strapped to your face. If that's what you have and they put you on a CPap or BiPap that should solve your problems. Of course getting used to sleeping with one of those is challenging. On the good side though they have this new thing out called "Inspire" which is a small device they implant and you activate it with a remote control when you want to sleep. It prevents the condition causing the slee apnea and you don't need to deal with all the irritations that come from trying to sleep connected to a CPap or Bi-Pap.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'll regroup with ya'll after this pacemaker is installed - in about 6 or 7 hours time - then we can compare notes - currently my heart rhythm is defo off-whack ♥️ - and this pacemaker should solve that problemo - and lead to a more efficient/smoother running ticker - making better use of the O2 available - and so cancelling out its current rough running condition - that's the theory anyway -

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I'll regroup with ya'll after this pacemaker is installed - in about 6 or 7 hours time - then we can compare notes - currently my heart rhythm is defo off-whack ♥️ - and this pacemaker should solve that problemo - and lead to a more efficient/smoother running ticker - making better use of the O2 available - and so cancelling out its current rough running condition - that's the theory anyway -
Simple procedure. Talk tomorrow!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Do you by any chance know if you have sleep apnea or not? Do you know if you snore when you're sleeping? If you have sleep apnea you might have also develope pulmonary hypertension which is difficult to diagnose and the only real fix for it is to sleep with a CPap or a BiPap machine strapped to your face. If that's what you have and they put you on a CPap or BiPap that should solve your problems. Of course getting used to sleeping with one of those is challenging. On the good side though they have this new thing out called "Inspire" which is a small device they implant and you activate it with a remote control when you want to sleep. It prevents the condition causing the slee apnea and you don't need to deal with all the irritations that come from trying to sleep connected to a CPap or Bi-Pap.
My son does complain that I snore pretty bad - since we do have to share the same sleeping room - in our tiny old apartment - so ya - that could well be an issue -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
View attachment 18992966
View attachment 18992993

Good luck @Gypsy Nirvana !
Hopefully one more procedure and another bowel movement away from home!
View attachment 18992994

Getting tall now but still wants me to lift his ass up on the couch.
This is how he starts asking and it gets louder and rowdier if I ignore him.
😆
Ahh - he sure is a bonnie dog - and I miss all those great feelings you get raising such a gorgeous/innocent beastie - one day I hope to be back on my land in Palawan - and will then have the space and time to raise more of these wonderful creatures ❤️ -

Kimes

Out of coffee and too early to start my work shift, dang.

Autoflower seedlings survived my manhandling and are soldiering on.. I plan to blast them 24/0 and then throw them into sunlight in a few weeks time, possibly taking them inside to flower tent for the night to receive max light I can give them.. But definetely want to see how they cope outdoors.. It is a cross of rudy and lebanese

unrelated:
Trying a new super duper secret grow idea, will tell more if it succeeds.. (keeping real quiet if it fails of course..!)
:bandit:

Latest posts

Latest posts