What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

imiubu

Our brains are amazing for sure.
Baffles me a bit still that I can sing every lyric to a song I've not heard in probably 30 yrs.
yet can't remember everything I did yesterday.

However, rest easy imi... according to an old folks brain test recently posted in this
thread... it's not dementia... it's just aging.
Whew!

Next time Imma sing it LOUDER (the dog don't mind) ;)

BubbasPlace

Our brains are amazing for sure.
Baffles me a bit still that I can sing every lyric to a song I've not heard in probably 30 yrs.
yet can't remember everything I did yesterday.

However, rest easy imi... according to an old folks brain test recently posted in this
thread... it's not dementia... it's just aging.
Whew!

Next time Imma sing it LOUDER (the dog don't mind) ;)
When asking "is loosing my keys every five minutes dementia?" Answer, "no." "Dementia is when you look at keys and don't know what they do.". Stop smoking and your short term will improve. But let's not get carried away here...

BubbasPlace

Remove the washer to make it able to be used off coil......only real difference.
See what I mean? 🤔 This is the piece that fits the diffuser. It also came with a screen, like an old school pipe screen. And some collar piece?

All explained on "fuckcombustion" site?

Attachments

• IMG_20240423_174805252_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240423_174805252_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240423_174754312.jpg
    IMG_20240423_174754312.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 7

oldmaninbc

Hey everyone. Had a busy day today. Toook my Arlo to the vet for another ear infection. Looks like a twice a year things with these doodles.
‘got my tent all cleaned out and my new little plants rehomed there.
View attachment 18992347
‘I posted more about them on my garden page.
also made cherry strudel for tonight’s enjoyment

having slider burgers and roasted potatoes for supper
View attachment 18992348
Your strudel looks like it has plenty of cherry filling. That's a tasty looking meal.
I will pass on the doggy treats. Might give me heartburn.

Is that a colorful cookie jar?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Quite an enlightened and exceptional choice for a 13yo.
IMO of course :)

I almost forgot about this song.
IMO it should be translated into every language possible
then given to parents at new births to sing to all the babies.

Sure is better than that ole tune of "rockabye baby in the tree top..."
WTF does that mean anyway? No love nor lessons in those lyrics.
Kinda scary actually if ya ask me.

"cause if you stay with us, you're gonna be a little kookie too" :huggg:

It was the summer of 1974. I was 16 and had become a ward of the court
after my father beat me up (again) and I finally reported him.

There was this crazy red headed girl named Wendy who brought her albums
to the shelter. I became enamored with "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars".
Know every lyric, note etc. even to this day, by heart.
If not for Wendy and David, I don't know how I'd have survived that summer.

Yanno, I used to be embarrassed and would not ever talk about the things
that occurred in our home growing up.
Feeling isolated,that this is just 'normal' and/ or we are alone,
the only ones going through these things.

It's unfortunate to discover as we age that everyone carries trauma,
all to different degrees with different life long effects.
We are not alone in this. And, it is cathartic to talk about it, I think.

We are survivors for certain.
I've decided that surviving isn't enough though, I'm going to thrive
and live the rest of my life with joy and a sense of abandonment of
that which had stifled me from my past.

Our scars, both internal and external are our proof that we lived
through it all and are still here.... a little rough around the edges,
a little achy perhaps, etc,. but we are ALIVE.

This is but a blip in the journey Gypsy. That scar will become a reminder
of your strength, what was necessary to not only live but to be truly ALIVE.
Time will pass, there'll be grand babies, great grandbabies, just so
many fantastic adventures yet to be had brother.

Your legacy will grow on (yes, double entendre intended ;) ).
The pain you feel now will pay out in unimaginable joys to come.
This is that 2nd. chance, the opportunity to grab that brass ring, to thrive.

Okay... I'm definitely too flipping high now and babbling :D
In those early to mid 70's days - pictures of the very outrageous David Bowie - encircled the tatty old wallpaper - on the room me and my 18 months older brother shared - in the little terraced council house - we lived in with my Mum/sisters - several dogs/cats and other pets - and an ever changing myriad of different children - from all over the world - that my Mother would take care of - as a government sponsored child minder -

Mum was very much the matriarch - and usually managed to love/care and support us all - often augmented by what us older kids could glean/earn - doing paper rounds - being counterfeit scouts - and working at many other ways - to bring money in to help -

Bowie was the storyteller of our futures - of what could be possible to attain - and change into - to become something special - something radically different and ever changing - and so much more interesting - than the status quo - and the roles society expected us to take up - in the factories 🏭 and shops - we were shown - as career opportunities - since he was just a poor kid from Bromley/Beckenham - which was only a few miles away from where we lived -

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Seems like something goes on bottom. Bubba just pawn in game of vaporizer manufacturers
Wtf?
See what I mean? 🤔 This is the piece that fits the diffuser. It also came with a screen, like an old school pipe screen. And some collar piece?

Ok, all I can figure is the screen goes between the piece that fits the diffuser and the longer piece that screws into it. Not real elegant, but only combination of parts holding glass balls in!
Wtf again..........it's not machined and tapped like the zeal?
I assumed if was from my conversation with him.
Yoj wanna sent it to me I will buy it and give it a go but @Sun&Soil has one maybe he can show us his.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

After seeing this pic I am confused myself does the washer slip off or is it tight?
Does the washer hold the screen inside like a spring clip?
I am gonna have to order one insted of another zeal......I hate not knowing.

SubGirl

420club
Your strudel looks like it has plenty of cherry filling. That's a tasty looking meal.
I will pass on the doggy treats. Might give me heartburn.

Is that a colorful cookie jar?
No cookie jar, just my kitchen Owl. The strudel turned out good. I’m about to have me another piece.

you are like me. I look all around the pics people post maybe to learn more about them, maybe I’m just nosy 😳 now you know I have a kitchen owl. He makes it a lot of my posts I guess as this is my working space.

imiubu

No cookie jar, just my kitchen Owl. The strudel turned out good. I’m about to have me another piece.

you are like me. I look all around the pics people post maybe to learn more about them, maybe I’m just nosy 😳 now you know I have a kitchen owl. He makes it a lot of my posts I guess as this is my working space.
Nah, I think each of us are curious and pick up those cue's from the back grounds of pix.

I meant to reply about your eclairs. They look so scrumptious.

Caused another trip down memory lane :)

My mother did not bake eclairs but she loved them.
She would take us to this little bakery to get her an eclair and
we kids got to choose our own treats.
I thought eclairs were so gross! Yuck! I liked the cream filled instead.
As I got older the cream filled became YUCK and eclairs must be a gift of the gods :)

SubGirl

420club
Nah, I think each of us are curious and pick up those cue's from the back grounds of pix.

I meant to reply about your eclairs. They look so scrumptious.

Caused another trip down memory lane :)

My mother did not bake eclairs but she loved them.
She would take us to this little bakery to get her an eclair and
we kids got to choose our own treats.
I thought eclairs were so gross! Yuck! I liked the cream filled instead.
As I got older the cream filled became YUCK and eclairs must be a gift of the gods :)
They were my mommas favorite too. Not always mine as a kid but when I moved back to Virginia, she made them for me a lot. I just learned how to make them myself. The homemade custard is the best, I am glad I learned that part

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
1.10am here in London - slept only for around 2 hours so far this night 🌙 - but can't seem to get back to sleep - in a hospital ward room full of snoring strangers 😴 - did have a little chat with one of the more mature Philippino nurses - who is from Pangasinan (Northern Luzon) - and managed to perform my ablutions - at this odd hour of the night - so things are moving nicely - in this old Gypsy - can feel some pain building in my very sore chest - so perhaps I should go and chase 2 more milligrams of pain killer?