What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

I got a photo of this one on my property in central MA. last fall.
View attachment 18991775
This one was visiting my yard outside of Worcester in March. It smashes the bird feeders and steals a suet cage or two when I forget to bring them in at night…
IMG_3225.jpeg

oldfogey8

I saw Black Bear regularly floating the Rogue River and one night I woke to the sound of one in our camp trying to break into my cooler. I tried yelling and throwing rocks to scare him off, but instead he advanced sniffing, so I discharged my .357 into the ground at his feet and he scooted.

One of the other campers across the river complained to the park ranger about the gunshot, who came and wrote me a ticket for discharging a firearm in a National Park.
Better than the ranger calling the coroner to pick up your mangled body.

jokerman

Premium user
Bears like the water as much as many of us. They are good swimmers.

Here in Canada I don't think your allowed to carry in a park unless you have a special permit that some folks can get for protection, like a guide, a forestry worker, occupational workers, otherwise it's a no no.

I use to work as a park Interpreter(naturalist) after my evening program was over and I turned of the generator, all the visitors were gone and it was very dark, all the eyes would become visible. Some nights I was wishing I had a gun but most of the eyes were from small mammals. Some nights there were so many eyes it was like stars in the night sky.

I had to have to a program on animals in the park so people would know how to react to an animal encounter. I worked in Sasquatch Provincial Park, they called it that for a reason but I have no idea how to react to an encounter with a Sasquatch. Yes, I had a big footprint cast for my Sasquatch program.
I thought I saw Sasquatch in my garden this weekend

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I dunno kev - I really don't know - maybe one at a time - over some time 🤔 - slowly - carefully - like climbing the North face of the Eiger - 'praps?

I just got off the phone with Irene and she said she will be right over to help you get your mind right

so if I was you , just pretend you are asleep and she will leave…

it is about bedtime over there ain’t it?…

IMG_8734.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts