What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
About 20 years ago when I was at the lodge, I filled up two toilets they could not flush because of all the oatmeal I deposited in there. I didn’t realize how much steel cut oats swell up once they get warm and have moisture around them. That stuff got into my bowels and when it came out, there was not a dry in the building. I believe they hired a plumber to clean out both of the toilets that I destroyed. It was so bad I had to have one of my brothers at the lodge stand security at the door so no one walked in while I was filling the toilet… the sad part is I had no shame whatsoever when it was discovered and no one knew it was me…😱
1713483873259.png

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
About 20 years ago when I was at the lodge, I filled up two toilets they could not flush because of all the oatmeal I deposited in there. I didn’t realize how much steel cut oats swell up once they get warm and have moisture around them. That stuff got into my bowels and when it came out, there was not a dry in the building. I believe they hired a plumber to clean out both of the toilets that I destroyed. It was so bad I had to have one of my brothers at the lodge stand security at the door so no one walked in while I was filling the toilet… the sad part is I had no shame whatsoever when it was discovered and no one knew it was me…😱
Fuckin legend!!

jokerman

Premium user
Every time I open this thread there's like 30 pages I've missed. Can you old farts slow down a bit, so this old fart can keep up.
Wait till next month.
May is baby pictures month.
We all post pictures of us as babies.
Will have contests on the best lookin baby and the biggest nose ,ears ass and head baby.
Come and join in and you may win valuable prizes.

CharlesU Farley

Every time I open this thread there's like 30 pages I've missed. Can you old farts slow down a bit, so this old fart can keep up.
It's usually my fault but for today only, it was GW. ;)

Btw, jokerman that was awesome harp tune you posted, if you have time, you ought to venture down to the Music sub. Really open minded people down there who _like_ to be exposed to music besides the shit they know, love and have heard a million times.

If you don't make it up there, I'll repost it and give you credit!(y)

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Nope .. Wrong address! Should be 710 Ashbury in the Haight View attachment 18989680
We'll have to respectfully disagree on that one. ;)

I can tell you this, I used to communicate with Owsley Stanley in the alt.drugs.psychedelic Usenet group and _he_ agreed with _me_ (and that was _exceedingly_ rare for him) that the GD we're definitely more jazz than rock and roll or blues.

It all has to do with the _beat_!

I'm working on a article for the website about Melissa, who was more responsible for the psychedelic revolution than Owsley, because she was a Chem major at Berkeley and had actual, _real_ world experience with chemistry. Not just reading about it in a journal article. Without her expertise, he _never_ ever could have done what he did.

Most people don't realize it but Owsley, the GD, and most SF groups back then while not chauvinists, were misogynist and condescending as hell.
Melissa put up with all that bullshit, kept her head down, and just did the _work_.

I'm going to change my sig tag here in the next couple of days to point to the bear.org and the Owsley Stanley Foundation websites. The bear.org is now over 24 years old and the information contained there is quite simply astounding. He wasn't right about everything, but you can rest assured everything he did was well researched and exceedingly logical.

See, it's blowhard posts like these that are taking up all the space and causing you to have to read so many fucking posts.o_O

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I worked on one of his (Bears )recordings of the Grateful Dead … for the Grateful Dead …the show was November 8, 1969 from the old Fillmore Auditorium not to be confused with “the “ Fillmore West.. there were some bad artifacts on the Master reels they needed some cleanup digitally. The show is released is Dick‘s picks number 16. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick's_Picks_Volume_16

CharlesU Farley

I worked on one of his (Bears )recordings of the Grateful Dead … for the Grateful Dead …the show was November 8, 1969 from the old Fillmore Auditorium not to be confused with “the “ Fillmore West.. there were some bad artifacts on the Master reels they needed some cleanup digitally. The show is released is Dick‘s picks number 16. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick's_Picks_Volume_16
'69, that was before Betty's time I believe. I probably know more about the GD than anybody else... who's only heard their songs maybe five or six times, and to bring it around OT for this thread, I don't count Touch of Gray. :cool:

I know, blasphemy, but I was a ABB and Canned Heat kind of guy, jazz just ain't my thing. (y)