What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
I believe we've arrived, it just takes a few years to sink in...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There It Is.

The country we grew up in is gone. There will be a period of rapidly increasing fissures in our society.

Like @Boo succinctly put it, the irreparable destruction has already happened.

For an ominous-but-spot-on analogy:

The great Titanic has hit the iceberg already. Three holds of the five are already breached... and the water is pouring over the third hold.

There will be some in lifeboats. Almost all of them will be of a certain class... eerie, ain't it?

Prove me wrong.
Change my mind.

PLEASE!!

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yes, the toes!
good dive position, toes are pointed straight

/extra points from the kid in the bg
sweet dive smiley.jpg

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The susprised me, bro. When I write, I haveta be alone, stone sober, and in a quiet place. At least for me, there are a coupla sound reasons for this:

I will sorta "see" a scene, and then write what I see. And what sounds should be in it.

Lastly, I type about at the speed of slow speech. <-- that is just barely fast enough to keep the "scene" moving. Alcohol would slow me down and my scene-kite would fall to the ground.
You may find this difficult to believe, given how I communicate on this forum, but I have always found alcohol liberating for me to _really_ say what I want to say.

I'm a total non-fiction kind of guy, and I can understand in writing fiction where you visualize the scene in your mind's eye _before_ trying to communicate that feeling.

For me, alcohol liberated the id part of my three-way brain and let me communicate what I really _felt_, without the filter of a super ego telling me I got to be a nice guy, stay quiet/don't say anything and mediate to avoid stressful confrontations.

Other than your rewrite of Gypsies Wall of Words posted in this thread, I haven't read anything else that he's written. But I remember when I was scanning your edited copy, and having recently read his history about how many times he was literally fucked over by friends, business associates, competitors, and even lovers, I thought the perfect title would be... "Dope Opera" :cool:

Only one major problem I can see, cannabis isn't really dope, it's a plant.:LOL:

CharlesU Farley

I agree we should be scared shitless of stupid. You and I just disagree on who that would be. Saying ‘no disrespect’ after being disrespectful is kinda, uh, stupid. And I am no immigrant. I was born in America so I would only be an immigrant if I moved to a different country(at least according to the pre-mental illness dictionary of the Bidumb era).
I just seen to remember several comments that you made about the border and immigration being a big issue, issues of that nature. And if you think I was being disrespectful in that post, you have no earthly fucking idea just how disrespectful I can be.:cautious:

But then again I'm communicating with somebody who thinks a person who postulates that Sandy Hook was a fucking media conspiracy and and totally made up, tells me all I need to know.

If you've worked on dead kids who've had half of their goddamn head blown off, you would understand what utter and complete bullshit he is spouting.

I am ignorant about many things but I am stupid about _nothing_.

And I'll compare the Biden administration to the Cheeto faced fascist cocksucker any day of the week. And I'm so very far from a Biden supporter that if anybody would attempt to call me a _liberal_ to my face, I would go Mike Tyson on their ass so fast, they wouldn't know what hit 'em.

Let's switch over to religion now:

You know I think Muhammad was a Jew, Jesus was definitely queer because he never got married, or had a wife and hung around a bunch of _men_, and Buddha was a child molesting pedo who loved him some Kobe beef... fer sure.

Got to turn Chuck off or he is going to get kicked out off another forum, for something as useless as _politics_.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I will probably be pinged as a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist by some but Alex Jones seems to have been exposing many actual conspiracies for nearly 3 decades that wind up being spot on even though they are called tin foil hat conspiracies when he first reports them. In the past decade, the actual conspiracies have seemingly been exposed weekly if not daily not just by Alex Jones but by numerous independent media folks. That seems counterintuitive in that young folks should be more inquisitive and plugged into independent media but are not.
because you dident mention anything specific its hard to respond, but i think a lot of what he posts is crap
i dont listen to his pod casts but i know some people who do
con trail and s like that, and they believe it
is there a peanut buried in that turd? maybe
but a lot of it comes off as loony-tunes
but what do i know?

i used to listen to art bell! now that was fun
but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I just seen to remember several comments that you made about the border and immigration being a big issue, issues of that nature. And if you think I was being disrespectful in that post, you have no earthly fucking idea just how disrespectful I can be.:cautious:

But then again I'm communicating with somebody who thinks a person who postulates that Sandy Hook was a fucking media conspiracy and and totally made up, tells me all I need to know.

If you've worked on dead kids who've had half of their goddamn head blown off, you would understand what utter and complete bullshit he is spouting.

I am ignorant about many things but I am stupid about _nothing_.

And I'll compare the Biden administration to the Cheeto faced fascist cocksucker any day of the week. And I'm so very far from a Biden supporter that if anybody would attempt to call me a _liberal_ to my face, I would go Mike Tyson on their ass so fast, they wouldn't know what hit 'em.

Let's switch over to religion now:

You know I think Muhammad was a Jew, Jesus was definitely queer because he never got married, or had a wife and hung around a bunch of _men_, and Buddha was a child molesting pedo who loved him some Kobe beef... fer sure.

Got to turn Chuck off or he is going to get kicked out have another forum, for something as useless as _politics_.
the border issue is a huge problem, but i grew up in socal where this is nothing new
the cartels run illegals across the border and we dont know who is who now
its not just mexican workers coming across