What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

@jokerman My mother useta give me a quarter and have me walk to the store and buy one pack of Chesterfields to bring back. I would be able to keep the two pennies that would be inside the cellophane wrapper.

One time, both of them were steels.

@Gray Wolf Use it all to buy junk silver US coins. You are under the $10K no-tell limit.

@SubGirl -- Yeah, it is a fucking certainty you'll quit "one day". <-- That is guaranteed. Would you like to quit before you talk by putting a microphone against your throat?

That hole is really disgusting to folks, so you will not be able to talk to ANYONE without having them recoil in horror. I've seen it.

The back of your mouth could get... "red patches called erythroplakias. These are rare, isolated, velvety patches in the mouth and/or throat that typically show up in older patients." Check now in the mirror. That is another kind of benefit from cigarettes.

View attachment 18988868

Or you could keep smoking cigarettes just like this lady shown below. Wait 'til you see her cough her chronic cough. Funny as hell. She has to carry a cloth at all times, everywhere.

Nobody notices, and she is welcomed everywhere. Of course, her husband cringes a lot as she clears her throat at the dinner table...
View attachment 18988874

It is really worth it to keep smoking -- nobody will notice the hole, and your quality of life will be enhanced upward by each and every cigarette you smoke from today on.

No need for you to go through the absolute misery-hell of quitting cigarette smoking. Nobody can do that.

And no fucking excuse to light up another one, is there. Look at that woman's eyes, and ask her if she would trade places with you as you are right now. YOU still have a way to safety.

Ask her what she would give up to reset to where @SubGirl is right now.

The next cigarette you light up. Do it KNOWING what you are doing. Light right up; and be aware as you light up how rewarding that cigarette is. Yummy. Worth it.

I cannot get off this until I pound it into reality and not some distant, unlikely, not-too-bad finality.

One last thing as a doctor's daddy:

Before you light your next cigarette, look up what a breathing stoma is, and check to make sure your next cigarette is worth having a breathing stoma strapped on so you can sleep.

Enjoy the cigarette and ignore the above. Nothing will happen.
Have known people that have smoked all their life and lived to be a ripe old age

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
there's no skipping thru your posts bro...each one is a mini novel... :ROFLMAO:
.Good to see you posting again now you're out the other side of your surgery.

Bloody impressive. i thought it would be at least another day or two.

The thumb clicker is nice eh :p
It's been 44 years since I had surgery - 😢 big changes -
The Mrs deserves some pampering herself! We will be sure and send her a masseur as well. No need for knives Mrs Gypsy, all in good innocent fun!

Glad you're doing well Mate!
She's happy 😊 if she sees 👀 me well and improving

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have known people that have smoked all their life and lived to be a ripe old age
Me too, and some that died of lung cancer in their twenties! Life's a crapshoot, no?

I was care giver for one of my best friends, who had severe emphysema from smoking, but actually died of a brain tumor at age 70. He got out of breath walking across the room and emphysema didn't look like a fun way to exit.

OleReynard

Me too, and some that died of lung cancer in their twenties! Life's a crapshoot, no?

I was care giver for one of my best friends, who had severe emphysema from smoking, but actually died of a brain tumor at age 70. He got out of breath walking across the room and emphysema didn't look like a fun way to exit.
Had 2 aunts die from small cell
A grandma died of copd and emphysema
A grandpa die on the toilet with his lungs in the shower from emphysema
A friend die from small cell, just recently
So ya it's claimed it's fair share of close family and friends

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

While we are focused on cigarette smoking, smoking cannabis also produces the same hot gases and some of the same carcinogens. I'm a former cigarette, cigar, pipe smoker, but not for years and my lungs were fine when I quit.

I didn't however quit cannabis in joints and pipes, and I now cough badly if I smoke them and have mild bronchitis. I can blame in on nothing other than my cannabis smoking and am now looking for ways to minimize the pathway irritation.

I would just give up my lungs as a pathway, except I don't get the same effects from other pathways and am kicking and scratching resisting giving it up.

SubGirl

420club
While we are focused on cigarette smoking, smoking cannabis also produces the same hot gases and some of the same carcinogens. I'm a former cigarette, cigar, pipe smoker, but not for years and my lungs were fine when I quit.

I didn't however quit cannabis in joints and pipes, and I now cough badly if I smoke them and have mild bronchitis. I can blame in on nothing other than my cannabis smoking and am now looking for ways to minimize the pathway irritation.

I would just give up my lungs as a pathway, except I don't get the same effects from other pathways and am kicking and scratching resisting giving it up.
Me too 😞 That’s why I’m looking into vaping more these days. I can’t vape cigs only give them up but cannabis is another story. Will try to hang on as long as I can also kicking and scratching the whole way…

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm all discombobulated
Good to see you back and no longer discombobulated brother!
bigarmhug.gif

OleReynard

You too, aye

BudToaster

Veteran
After you get out of the hospital and get back to normal, I got an idea about AI technology here on ICM that's going to make you some _money_, just like Reddit is doing.
are you thinking along the lines of building a S(mall)LM based on all the posts on this website? i am looking into this to try to get control of 25+ years of data on my inhouse PC network.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Jebus........is that what they put on a pack of smokes now?

Vaporizers will set you free.........and get you higher.
I make gummys everybody says their good but they don't effect me.

I did cop a pretty good buzz off of a vape last night, not as handy as a bowl but I don't cough as much.

Sometimes you have to give up this for that or vice versa.
Excellent news..........there are much better vapes available.
https://tinymightvape.com/index.ph...ofthevapes.com/products/tinymight-2-vaporizer