What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
I absolutely _abhor_ unsolicited internet advice but I'm going to give it anyway:

In his best Tommy Boy voice... "for the love of _God_ and all that's _Holy_, please stop!!!!" :)

That was all I was going to post, which we would be a near fucking record with me, but I'll say one other thing:

Whatever I can do to _help_ you quit smoking (and I'm not being a hypocrite because I was _addicted_ to those things, I absolutely _loved_ smoking), I'll do.

Nuff said.
Thanks so much. 🥰

CharlesU Farley

One other thing before I get to work downstairs, y'all got to help me to remember to discuss with Gypsy AI and its implications here on ICM. That was the majority of the manic run for me last night.

I doubt any of the Mods will be checking in on us here on the Old Farts thread to make sure we're not drooling or pissing/shitting on ourselves and gypsies in absence, and is too complicated and issue to discuss with anyone but Gypsy. So help me to remember to discuss this with him two or three months from now when he is totally and completely back to normal. Here's the heart of the matter:

There is a tremendousamount of cannabis knowledge stored on ICM and AI spiders/crawlers will be able to access _all_ of that knowledge... hate to do this... FOR FREE.

All of the cannabis knowledge from Sam all the way down to someone who just joined ICM yesterday, will be accessible for AI.

For free, IE, Gypsy and the people who work here get absolutely no monetary compensation for all of the cannabis data that is available here on ICM.

In the mainframe, bit-twisting computer world, ICM would be known as a "data warehouse" and that data is pretty fucking invaluable at this point because of its depth and breadth.

And companies that own AI like ChatGPT can and are accessing totally FOR FREE. Somebody's got to figure out how Gypsy can get paid for this shit.

So again you all, help me to remember this and three or four months because my memory is for shit these days and with my laser-like focus on other issues, by the time Gypsies back to normal I'll be on a totally different subject and won't remember the importance of this one.

And sorry Unca, I'm doing this all voice dictation and ain't going to go back and correct it... I got a lot of shit I got to do downstairs cannabis wise.:)

SubGirl

420club
Morning everybody, got a private chat this morn, but couldn't answer it. So I sent a pm, then I noticed I couldn't find the message in my pm's, so I'm not sure how that works.
IMG_0772.gif

jokerman

Premium user
Frog gigging....john boat, gunny sack and a flashlight!
We go crabbing in the bay for a vital ingrediant for Crab Sauce❤️
I don’t know a lot of girl growers I know Jan grows on here. I am a bit different than most women I think as I don’t fit into their girly world as I’ve lived in the boyz club my whole life and can relate to their stupidity somehow. 🤪. They seemed to let me in the club after getting to know me so I’m happy I fit in here.
TBH I remember when you were invited to M.O.B. and wasn't sure about your admittance .
Now ,Dont know what I would do without you☝️😊❤️

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you grind your bud up first or just squeeze one in ??? I found grinding to be a pain in the butt.
I grind. Grinding much at one time by hand was certainly getting to be a pain with my arthritis, so I bought a Cool Knight electric grinder which has worked good thus far.

Ummmm, for some reason the link isn't showing up, so go to Amazon and type in Cool Knight herb grinder.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Speaking of Ciggs... The TRUE gateway drug.... After 50_ years I think it's time to give them up. I know it's already to late to worry about the C word. Damage is done, not only from them also all of the other airborne things I've been exposed to...... Kilms, clutches, brakes. ect.ect.

Slept in......late start. Let the first day cig free. Begin!

View attachment 18988432
I started smoking the first time with the girl next door when I was about 7 years old. Dad would send me up to the corner store for a pack of Pall Malls and I'd buy a pack for myself at the same time.

Quit when she moved away a year or so later and didn't pick them up again until I was 16 or so. Smoked until my colon exploded in 2011 and I quit cold turkey the day of the first slice and dice.

Well over a year after quitting I'd spot a butt in the gutter and think "Damn that has a good 3 or 4 drags left on it" "I'll just pick it up and carry it a while". I honestly wondered at one point if that shit was ever going to stop.

I smoked opiated hash long enough in 1975 to get a real monkey going and I know what a good addiction is but holy hanna it didn't hold a candle to kicking a 40 habit of nicotine.

Quit NOW. The life you save is your own. My excessive years of smoking Tobacco disqualifies me from the radical Open Aorta replacement I really need. We'll do the far less invasive endovascular stents instead.
Respiratory therapist here. In the '50s and '60s, cigarettes most assuredly were the gateway drug. I've got a picture of my mother with a cigarette in one hand and a cocktail in the other, while she was pregnant with me. :eek:
I haven't practiced for a very long time but what I used to tell my patients is cancer is not the _only_ thing you have to worry about. COPD... emphysema, chronic bronchitis, can be even worse. Inhaling _anything_ into your lungs on a consistent basis is irritating to them and is going to cause problems.

What I couldn't tell them was that a lot of times, I would feel like people who got lung cancer we're actually fairly _lucky_ because at least they died and it was relatively quick.

That is _so_ not the case with COPD.

With that shit you essentially are smothering to death and cannot fucking breathe and it takes a _long_ time to die from that. It is a _very_ unpleasant death.

So yeah, cigarettes are fucking evil.

Back in the day (early '70s) the majority of respiratory therapists smoked cigarettes, including me, as did a lot of doctors and nurses. They call it "pack years", and I've got 15 of 'em under my belt, before I quit in 1985. That's the year I turned 30, and because of all the trauma and bullshit I saw in the ER in my early career, I never thought I would ever reach 30.

When I reached 30, I was very scared that I would hit 60 and end up being like these chronic lung fuckers and not be able to breathe. I got kids and I didn't want them to see me die like that.

So I quit on January 2nd 1985 and haven't smoked tobacco since.

Bottom line, cigarette smoking is fucking horrendous for your lungs, smoking cannabis is bad for your lungs but not as bad as cigarettes, vaping is better than smoking without a doubt, but you're still inhaling irritants into your fucking lungs and will get chronic bronchitis. I know I've already posted it here before, but usually on this type of response, I post a picture of a guy taking a massive vape hit and coughing and hacking his lungs out. o_O

No doubt the "regulars" are sick of seeing it, so I'm not going to post it again.;)

I didn't sleep worth a shit, another manic run had me thinking about shit I was going to post in here today. 🛌

I went for edible hash capsules shortly after kicking the cigs and it keeps my inhalation way down. I shake all the buds for dry ice hash and smoke that rather than the buds having picked up a liking for the stuff in West Germany in the mid 70s. The capsules set an 85% baseline then a few tokes to top it off. I simply love toking way too much.

I’m sorry to say I still smoke them…🙁. I don’t need to see the coughing guy tho…I know I know.

You can do it with cannabis. Take a toke every time you get a cig urge. It left me hammered as hell the first few weeks, but I did eventually get past the worst of it. You may need what lung capacity you've got left in the not-too-distant future.

I don't wheeze like I did, and I don't run out of air before I slow for other reasons when out for a long walk but the damage is there.

Too much cannabis?
Kat's edible thread is here on ICmag.
One other thing before I get to work downstairs, y'all got to help me to remember to discuss with Gypsy AI and its implications here on ICM. That was the majority of the manic run for me last night.

I doubt any of the Mods will be checking in on us here on the Old Farts thread to make sure we're not drooling or pissing/shitting on ourselves and gypsies in absence, and is too complicated and issue to discuss with anyone but Gypsy. So help me to remember to discuss this with him two or three months from now when he is totally and completely back to normal. Here's the heart of the matter:

There is a tremendousamount of cannabis knowledge stored on ICM and AI spiders/crawlers will be able to access _all_ of that knowledge... hate to do this... FOR FREE.

All of the cannabis knowledge from Sam all the way down to someone who just joined ICM yesterday, will be accessible for AI.

For free, IE, Gypsy and the people who work here get absolutely no monetary compensation for all of the cannabis data that is available here on ICM.

In the mainframe, bit-twisting computer world, ICM would be known as a "data warehouse" and that data is pretty fucking invaluable at this point because of its depth and breadth.

And companies that own AI like ChatGPT can and are accessing totally FOR FREE. Somebody's got to figure out how Gypsy can get paid for this shit.

So again you all, help me to remember this and three or four months because my memory is for shit these days and with my laser-like focus on other issues, by the time Gypsies back to normal I'll be on a totally different subject and won't remember the importance of this one.

And sorry Unca, I'm doing this all voice dictation and ain't going to go back and correct it... I got a lot of shit I got to do downstairs cannabis wise.:)

I was playing with ChatGPT and it wasn't long before I realized it had to be accessing some of my own work in its replies to me. Kind of a hair standing up on your neck moment.

kevinn

Hoping Gypsy and Kevinn will chime in with updates soon.
Well I survived. Yesterday was not bad because they had be full of pain meds. Didn't get much sleep as I felt like I was drowning. Bleeding has basically stopped as I am sitting here with a tissue under my nose. To day is not as good and having trouble thinking, computer monitor is blurry and balance is off. Funny how many things your sinuses effect. BUT I CAN BREATH which is always good. Thanks for thinking of me !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts