What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
A young man hired by a supermarket reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom, and said, "Your first job will be to sweep out the store." "But I'm a college graduate," the young man replied indignantly. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that," said the manager. "Here, give me the broom -- I'll show you how."

SubGirl

420club
gigging frogs in Oklahoma is a state sporting event..😂🤡😂

but yeah , we had a 14’ johnboat with a trolling motor on it and at nighttime we would skull down Candy creek close to the shore with a big flashlight

when that light hit the frog the frog froze and we could sidle up close enough to reach around and grab the sumbitch and if we were not close enough to grab it , we gigged it
I always wanted to go frog gigging so when the four old guys I was working with in my early 20s planned a weekend trip frog gigging at the Great Dismal Swamp and they invited me to go I think thinking I wouldn’t take them up on it, I was overjoyed. I got up early when it was still dark to meet them only to be stood up by all of them with no phone-call or anything. Later I figured out they were scared to take a young lady along for their wives might find out thinking some hanky pankey might be going on but they could at least have called instead of leaving me alone in the swamp waiting for them. Stupid boyz…

jokerman

Premium user
I always wanted to go frog gigging so when the four old guys I was working with in my early 20s planned a weekend trip frog gigging at the Great Dismal Swamp and they invited me to go I think thinking I wouldn’t take them up on it, I was overjoyed. I got up early when it was still dark to meet them only to be stood up by all of them with no phone-call or anything. Later I figured out they were scared to take a young lady along for their wives might find out thinking some hanky pankey might be going on but they could at least have called instead of leaving me alone in the swamp waiting for them. Stupid boyz…
I was always a fan of hanky pankey .,mixed with a Wittle Spanky, made me not cranky.

jokerman

Premium user
a lot depends on what condition one’s lungs are in and since Charles Farley is a respitory therapist maybe he will chime in…

but yeah , neither Swede nor I have ever smoked ciggies but we both started smoking pot at around age 12 and our lungs are in great shape for two aged veterans in their 70’s…

and then we have been taking NAC since Covid a couple years ago which can’t hurt..

but yeah , we dab concentrates too and as soon as we get some fancy batteries we will fire up this new vape…

but first I’ll finish this joint and have another cup of coffee

View attachment 18988422
She looks to have nice lungs.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I actually had more fun walking along high banks looking down at the banks in the middle of the day.

I would use a stiff fishing rod, treble hook and a piece of red rag! Walkin along the high bank quietly.....when I would see a bull frog I so dangle the rag in front of him. BAM! The frog would jump at it EVERY time.

Lot more fun than gigging!

CharlesU Farley

Speaking of Ciggs... The TRUE gateway drug.... After 50_ years I think it's time to give them up. I know it's already to late to worry about the C word. Damage is done, not only from them also all of the other airborne things I've been exposed to...... Kilms, clutches, brakes. ect.ect.

Respiratory therapist here. In the '50s and '60s, cigarettes most assuredly were the gateway drug. I've got a picture of my mother with a cigarette in one hand and a cocktail in the other, while she was pregnant with me. :eek:
I haven't practiced for a very long time but what I used to tell my patients is cancer is not the _only_ thing you have to worry about. COPD... emphysema, chronic bronchitis, can be even worse. Inhaling _anything_ into your lungs on a consistent basis is irritating to them and is going to cause problems.

What I couldn't tell them was that a lot of times, I would feel like people who got lung cancer we're actually fairly _lucky_ because at least they died and it was relatively quick.

That is _so_ not the case with COPD.

With that shit you essentially are smothering to death and cannot fucking breathe and it takes a _long_ time to die from that. It is a _very_ unpleasant death.

So yeah, cigarettes are fucking evil.

Back in the day (early '70s) the majority of respiratory therapists smoked cigarettes, including me, as did a lot of doctors and nurses. They call it "pack years", and I've got 15 of 'em under my belt, before I quit in 1985. That's the year I turned 30, and because of all the trauma and bullshit I saw in the ER in my early career, I never thought I would ever reach 30.

When I reached 30, I was very scared that I would hit 60 and end up being like these chronic lung fuckers and not be able to breathe. I got kids and I didn't want them to see me die like that.

So I quit on January 2nd 1985 and haven't smoked tobacco since.

Bottom line, cigarette smoking is fucking horrendous for your lungs, smoking cannabis is bad for your lungs but not as bad as cigarettes, vaping is better than smoking without a doubt, but you're still inhaling irritants into your fucking lungs and will get chronic bronchitis. I know I've already posted it here before, but usually on this type of response, I post a picture of a guy taking a massive vape hit and coughing and hacking his lungs out. o_O

No doubt the "regulars" are sick of seeing it, so I'm not going to post it again.;)
Slept in......late start. Let the first day cig free. Begin!
I didn't sleep worth a shit, another manic run had me thinking about shit I was going to post in here today. 🛌

Unca Walt

420club
gigging frogs in Oklahoma is a state sporting event..😂🤡😂

but yeah , we had a 14’ johnboat with a trolling motor on it and at nighttime we would skull down Candy creek close to the shore with a big flashlight

when that light hit the frog the frog froze and we could sidle up close enough to reach around and grab the sumbitch and if we were not close enough to grab it , we gigged it
Oh Gawd. That sprunk-ded up an old funny memory:

I was in a 14' jonboat gigging frogs the dark in Texas with the guy that owned the boat. We were easing under a big overhanging cottonwood tree...

THUMP!! THUMPITY-THUMPTHUMP!!!

Big ole monster cottomouth fell down into the boat and landed right next to the guy. He screamed like a little girl, and grabbed his shotgun.

Blew a hole the size of your wrist inna bottom of his boat. I hadda stuff my shirt in it to slow the volcano of water.

Oh. And he missed the fargin snake. I quick grabbed it and tossed it overboard.

Then I began to laugh so hard, tears ran down my leg.

I never went out with him again.

Last edited:

SubGirl

420club
Respiratory therapist here. In the '50s and '60s, cigarettes most assuredly were the gateway drug. I've got a picture of my mother with a cigarette in one hand and a cocktail in the other, while she was pregnant with me. :eek:
I haven't practiced for a very long time but what I used to tell my patients is cancer is not the _only_ thing you have to worry about. COPD... emphysema, chronic bronchitis, can be even worse. Inhaling _anything_ into your lungs on a consistent basis is irritating to them and is going to cause problems.

What I couldn't tell them was that a lot of times, I would feel like people who got lung cancer we're actually fairly _lucky_ because at least they died and it was relatively quick.

That is _so_ not the case with COPD.

With that shit you essentially are smothering to death and cannot fucking breathe and it takes a _long_ time to die from that. It is a _very_ unpleasant death.

So yeah, cigarettes are fucking evil.

Back in the day (early '70s) the majority of respiratory therapists smoked cigarettes, including me, as did a lot of doctors and nurses. They call it "pack years", and I've got 15 of 'em under my belt, before I quit in 1985. That's the year I turned 30, and because of all the trauma and bullshit I saw in the ER in my early career, I never thought I would ever reach 30.

When I reached 30, I was very scared that I would hit 60 and end up being like these chronic lung fuckers and not be able to breathe. I got kids and I didn't want them to see me die like that.

So I quit on January 2nd 1985 and haven't smoked tobacco since.

Bottom line, cigarette smoking is fucking horrendous for your lungs, smoking cannabis is bad for your lungs but not as bad as cigarettes, vaping is better than smoking without a doubt, but you're still inhaling irritants into your fucking lungs and will get chronic bronchitis. I know I've already posted it here before, but usually on this type of response, I post a picture of a guy taking a massive vape hit and coughing and hacking his lungs out. o_O

No doubt the "regulars" are sick of seeing it, so I'm not going to post it again.;)

I didn't sleep worth a shit, another manic run had me thinking about shit I was going to post in here today. 🛌
Thanks for your reply and also not posting the coughing guy…🥰

SubGirl

420club
IMG_6010.png

CharlesU Farley

Stupid boyz…
Yeah, we can be dumb as shit, can't we? ;) I know Harley would certainly agree with you. Always thinking with our dick has consequences. o_O

One of the things I was thinking about on a manic run last night was the actual number of _female_ growers who participate here on ICM. Back in Paleozoic era before us dinosaurs roamed the earth, on the first cannabis discussion group on the Internet, a.d.p.c, there was a very influential grower by the nym of Edith. She was an _outstanding_ grower and every time someone with a big ego would comment, somebody would inevitably respond "...don't be throwing your dick on the table...", and Edith would respond, "How about my clit?" 😂

I'm pretty sure Uncle Ben would remember the nym, because she had a partner named Ratchet, who he would occasionally get in flame fests with, I think. You all know how memory goes these days. :mad:

Anyway, that got me thinking about the number of female growers. Since you're part of that species, know any other older female growers here on ICM?

Not that you're old of course!!!!! :eek:

If I said something like that to Harley, I'd get the stank eye. ;)

SubGirl

420club
I don’t know a lot of girl growers I know Jan grows on here. I am a bit different than most women I think as I don’t fit into their girly world as I’ve lived in the boyz club my whole life and can relate to their stupidity somehow. 🤪. They seemed to let me in the club after getting to know me so I’m happy I fit in here.

CharlesU Farley

I’m sorry to say I still smoke them…🙁. I don’t need to see the coughing guy tho…I know I know.
I absolutely _abhor_ unsolicited internet advice but I'm going to give it anyway:

In his best Tommy Boy voice... "for the love of _God_ and all that's _Holy_, please stop!!!!" :)

That was all I was going to post, which we would be a near fucking record with me, but I'll say one other thing:

Whatever I can do to _help_ you quit smoking (and I'm not being a hypocrite because I was _addicted_ to those things, I absolutely _loved_ smoking), I'll do.

Nuff said.