What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

Boy you are right about the lakes....how are the skeeters up there?

I prefer a river .....you become one with nature. I say that and spend most of my time now days in a boat. Go figure...
Actually skeeter aint as bad as they let on to be, I think it's way to keep people out.
It dont do a very good job.
We have something called no see ums. You can tell you're being bit but can't see the bastards and the black Flys ain't no word for it.
Launching a boat in July August is a mfer.
And ticks we have ticks.

oldmaninbc

Actually skeeter aint as bad as they let on to be, I think it's way to keep people out.
It dont do a very good job.
We have something called no see ums. You can tell you're being bit but can't see the bastards and the black Flys ain't no word for it.
Launching a boat in July August is a mfer.
And ticks we have ticks.
We have no-see-ums here in BC they are a pesty little thing!
Going to a walk-in lake that I use to favor meant walking through a swamp for 10 minutes, the skeeters were enough to drive you crazy, just the sound of them was like being in a open air torture chamber. Give me a gallon of deet and paint brush...

Sun&Soil

I live on a golf course and a green belt that extends into the mountains....we have every kind of varmit imaginable.....bear, Mountain lion, yotes, bob cat, fox, coons, deer and elk.
Lions scare me. I've camped with packs of yotes yelpin and howlin all around me and bear brushing the tent as they are moving in on park dumpsters. Lions scare me, I couldn't camp comfortably in your backyard.

How's Kevin? Stella Blue is getting big and becoming more independent.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240328_103334_5.jpg
IMG_20240329_145356_6.jpg

Montana morning and evening with Bubba.

Sun&Soil

Heading to Costa Rica to check out their wildlife, beaches and volcanoes. The misses and I are bird watchers and they are supposed to have some seriously diverse birds. I would like to see if I can get a couple of grams of locally grown ‘flowers’ too. If I get some seeds, that would make me a happy old fogey too.😂
That sounds amazing. Leah and I are birders ourselves. Hope you get to see alot of that diversity.

There is a free Bird App named Merlin if you are not familiar with it, and is an excellent resource for identifying, learning, and even calling in birds.

Safe travels

oldfogey8

That sounds amazing. Leah and I are birders ourselves. Hope you get to see alot of that diversity.

There is a free Bird App named Merlin if you are not familiar with it, and is an excellent resource for identifying, learning, and even calling in birds.

Safe travels
The Merlin App is awesome. The Sound ID feature is pretty incredible/space alien stuff. There is a Costa Rica database I put on both our phones. Hoping to see a Quetzal, parrots and hummingbirds. My wife would be really happy to see a sloth though. Birds=awesome, sloth > awesome? I am sure I will be posting pics ad nauseum…😁

Latest posts

Latest posts