What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
we went carnivore keto for about 6 moth s now…I enjoy a good steak without a potato or salad cause the steak is really what I want….

we bought 3/4 of a grass fed steer this year for an average price of around $5 bucks a pound

IMG_8581.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I truely hope that your situation changes and you get to meet your daughter. I can only imagine how it weighs on your mind. 😞
One of my Philippino daughters ❤️ follows me online - she might even be reading this thread -

- if so Hello Tallulah 👋 - never forget that Daddy loves you - and that some day we will meet and be together again - hopefully sooner rather than later -

BrassNwood

Veteran
Ya - I need to try and get a reliable supply of edibles - because with my heart ❤️ surgery coming up in less than 3 weeks now - I've gotta stop smoking or vaping anything - 'cos don't want to be coughing 🙃 when I'm trying to heal a near foot long cut down my sternum - for 3 months - <cough - cough> might split the whole darn thing open -
PXL_20240327_234401340.jpg

Badkats hash capsule. First step. I'll finish filling capsules with it today.
Can find her work / thread here on ICM
I was told not to supplement calcium - since I seem to have some calcium build up in my viens/arteries - this left coronary bypass I have to have in less than 3 weeks - is due to a bit of calcium blocking that artery - and I don't want more of that to happen - calcified arteries and veins - seem to be a big problem - for many old farts - 😀
Yours are too small and mine are too big... Trade you some of mine for some of yours. LMAO

I live on a farm. We have a cow-calf operation for beef. You learn to not become emotionaly attached. The worst part is if one gets hurt and you have to shoot it. You just do it and dont think about it anymore. The hardest part is deciding that it MUST be done.

I can remember a freezing rain night walking the south 40 with my Uncle trying to find a pregnant cow we could hear bellowing in pain but couldn't find. Saved both cow and calf but holy hanna did I get a lesson on breach birth the hard way. Think I was all of 12 or 13. LMAO.

SubGirl

420club
My eating etiquette was challenged last night when we attended a dinner put on by my attorney that did my momma’s living trust. We were interested in that too after seeing how smoothly things went after her death. Anyways, it was a super fancy place with enough silverware placed in front of me for a whole family. I knew right away I was in trouble when I started going back to my home economics class to remember the whole proper silverware thing. There were four delicious meals to choose from along with either chocolate cake or cheesecake for desert. They were obviously looking for this crowd to spend a lot of money as there were about 50 of us at the table to listen to the speel. Mr Sub chose the prime rib and I chose the butterfly shrimp. When they brought it after picking up our salad plates it was the most beautiful butterfly shrimp I had ever seen. I waited for those around me to get their food then picked one of those giant shrimp up and took a bite yum boy the best I ever ate I think. Then I noticed that everyone were using a knife and fork to cut their shrimp except old red neck me so I changed up mid dinner but I have to admit it was not as much fun. the nice waiter put My food in a take home box which I ate with my fingers and shared with Maryjane and Arlo as soon as I got home. I guess you can’t take me to the nice places. 🤣🤣🤣

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
My eating etiquette was challenged last night when we attended a dinner put on by my attorney that did my momma’s living trust. We were interested in that too after seeing how smoothly things went after her death. Anyways, it was a super fancy place with enough silverware placed in front of me for a whole family. I knew right away I was in trouble when I started going back to my home economics class to remember the whole proper silverware thing. There were four delicious meals to choose from along with either chocolate cake or cheesecake for desert. They were obviously looking for this crowd to spend a lot of money as there were about 50 of us at the table to listen to the speel. Mr Sub chose the prime rib and I chose the butterfly shrimp. When they brought it after picking up our salad plates it was the most beautiful butterfly shrimp I had ever seen. I waited for those around me to get their food then picked one of those giant shrimp up and took a bite yum boy the best I ever ate I think. Then I noticed that everyone were using a knife and fork to cut their shrimp except old red neck me so I changed up mid dinner but I have to admit it was not as much fun. the nice waiter put My food in a take home box which I ate with my fingers and shared with Maryjane and Arlo as soon as I got home. I guess you can’t take me to the nice places. 🤣🤣🤣

please pass the jelly…😂

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Yup - I'm a bona-fide - certifiable cawfee addict - and the strongest one lately has been the Samutran Arabica - ran outa that a coupla days ago - so it's just me and the Guatemalan cawfee for now - till that's gone - then have a Colombian stash to drink thru - 😀
I've been working at my coffee for the last 15 years or so. I love it, but restrict my input to 2 cups a day, well, no more than 3.

I use a cheap Italian strove top mocca pot, but have a good grinder and use quality fresh beans.

How do you make yours?

Magu🌈

I eat everything with a big spoon. Have for 35 years. 😁

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my wife told me I was an asshole :) I would tell my kids they had got too big for my place

so they went to a real farm

But next year we will get a couple more and try again ;) as I passed them a slice of ham at Sunday dinner

I am so glad I was not one of my kids they are scared for life

peace and be safe

Dequilo
After Piggywig I kept things in perspective as I did my part to help slaughter and process our pigs, chickens and calves. A way of life on the farm...............
I can drink the milk and eat the eggs but have trouble getting the meat down knowing they are my friends. I couldn’t even eat fish out of my pond after doing it only once. I fed them every morning and I was their fish mom. Catfish and Bream which we stocked when we dug the pond at the artesian well. We let folks Bring their kids and fish and keep anything that was not preggo but I was the fish mom and just couldn’t eat them anymore after that first time. We fished in the pond all the time but always threw them back.
We hatched or bought 100 chicks a year and culled out the roosters when they were old enough to be fryer size and tell the difference. We would then come through again and get the runt roosters that we missed the first time and cull out the hens that had stopped laying.

We put plastic rings on the hens when they passed that culling and some would start to collect multiple rings. They were also typically the ones with the most personality that would walk along the rails of the lay boxes when we collected the eggs and talk to us.

When any chicken just died, we buried them, which is what ended up happening to the old hens with multiple rings.