What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
A couple of pretty nurses at the hospital were helping take care of my mom while I was down there visiting.

Good news, surgery was successful and her pain level is down from a 10 to a 2. She had to spend 2 days zonked on Morphin waiting for the blood thinners to wear off. She ate her first meal since Tuesday and I got her laughing, alot. Not out of the woods yet though, stress tends to whip the RA into chaos often resulting in afib, which leads to so on and so forth...

Strong old lady.
Progress is good news brother!
Serious bidness breaking a hip she must be tough.

Africanna

Yes - I was thinking along those lines also - and have always been a high testosterone male - but my last bloodwork results came back to let me know that I'm now an average testosterone male for my age - and the doctor told me that if I was not regularly exercising as I do - it could be lower - since physical exercise does boost testosterone levels somewhat - and I have noticed that with age I have mellowed gradually - and don't get as aggressive as I used to -

Plus with my current heart condition (waiting for open heart surgery) - I have cut down on the intensity of how I train - and must not do any HIIT (high intensity interval training) - as I would often do in years past - so as not to let my training heart rate exceed 130 beats per minute - which could possibly lead to a heart attack -
HRT is life changing imo

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A couple of pretty nurses at the hospital were helping take care of my mom while I was down there visiting.

Good news, surgery was successful and her pain level is down from a 10 to a 2. She had to spend 2 days zonked on Morphin waiting for the blood thinners to wear off. She ate her first meal since Tuesday and I got her laughing, alot. Not out of the woods yet though, stress tends to whip the RA into chaos often resulting in afib, which leads to so on and so forth...

Strong old lady.
Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A double gorgeous day starting at 46F and predicted to reach a balmy 72F.

Africanna

Really? - but does it give you a greater probability to get prostate cancer Africanna?
Lost a good mate Andyo (the ex chat Mod here a coupla years ago to prostate cancer - RIP Andyo
Really.

I asked my urologist the same question after my recent TURP procedure because I'd read that many men who receive or who are considering hormone replacement therapy wonder if this treatment could increase their risk of developing cancer and whether there is any link between testosterone replacement therapy and prostate cancer.

He pointed out that according to the results of a number of studies, testosterone treatment does not increase a man’s risk of developing prostate cancer. In fact, new research suggests that this treatment may actually reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer. However, if a person has/had prostate cancer then HRT is out. My BIL has prostate cancer and has had hormone therapy which is the opposite of HRT and which can include procedures such as castration.

I can only speak for myself and all I know is that I feel younger in the sense that I am more energised, feel less tired and last but by no means least, can perform better because of an increased drive to do so.

Why let the tools go rusty?

Last edited:

SubGirl

420club

Strong old lady.
So glad to hear good news S&S 💕

Unca Walt

420club
My $1 week allowance for house and farm chores didn't go far
I wuz gonna say that there was no such thing as an allowance in my fambly... then realized that would not be entirely true.

Us kids were given a dime each week to go to Miz Gaddis' General Store in Jackson Corners to get a Rocky Road ice cream cone. Glorious.

Trivia: The general store was so old, it had been a stagecoach stop and a two-room hotel in the early 1800's. Here's an 1846 map showing the general store/hotel/P.O. in the upper left. The P.O. part is interesting history: It was still a basket when I wuz a kid.

DOUBLE Trivia: The mapmaker spelled Henry Kilmer's name incorrectly with two ells. He was a relative who had a huge farm (note the "H.G.K" to the center+ right, and again at the bottom). Kilmer was my grandma's maiden name. She was born in 1888.
1710587997889.png

Last edited:

SubGirl

420club
I wuz gonna say that there was no such thing as an allowance in my fambly... then realized that would not be entirely true.

Us kids were given a dime each week to go to Miz Gaddis' General Store in Jackson Corners to get a Rocky Road ice cream cone. Glorious.

Trivia: The general store was so old, it had been a stagecoach stop and a two-room hotel in the early 1800's. Here's an 1846 map showing the general store/hotel in the upper left.

DOUBLE Trivia: The mapmaker spelled Henry Kilmer's name incorrectly with two ells. He was a relative who had a huge farm (note the "H.G.K" -- ) Kilmer was my grandma's maiden name. She was born in 1888.
View attachment 18973963
We didn’t get any allowance. In fact I remember my brother bringing it up once how so kids get allowance. We had to listen to a whole hour about how hard it was for daddy to earn money for us to live. We did however collect bottles from our house to the small general store which is no longer there to buy candy and baseball cards. I remember how cool that store was. They had a big wheel of cheese in the front of the store and Mr Wilson sometimes Gave me a sample while I was there. Is your general store building still there?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Trivia: The general store was so old, it had been a stagecoach stop and a two-room hotel in the early 1800's. Here's an 1846 map showing the general store/hotel in the upper left.

DOUBLE Trivia: The mapmaker spelled Henry Kilmer's name incorrectly with two ells. He was a relative who had a huge farm (note the "H.G.K" -- ) Kilmer was my grandma's maiden name. She was born in 1888.
View attachment 18973963
Those were tough times brother! Consider adding topographical contour lines to your map to highlight that it was uphill both ways.

We got a dime a week allowance too when we were widdle kids, and as we made our own ice cream at home from pure Jersey cream, plus it was three and a half miles to the nearest drugstore where they sold ice cream cones, uphill both ways, so cones never occurred to us. We usually spent it at the local theater Saturday Matinee, which was also a dime.

The princely sum of $1 per week allowance came when I was 11 and was to teach me how to handle real money, as well as recompense for the chores, which included household, barnyard, property, and garden.

I actually think that having limited funds growing up taught me to create what I coveted but couldn't afford, out of what was available by hook, crook, or barter. That perspective played a huge part in me becoming an engineer after I was old enough for long pants.

Rgd

Veteran
It’s really pretty smooth and quick. a real pizza chef wouldn’t need this but it’s great for a novice like me. The sticking was getting frustrating but now it’s pizza 2-3 times a week again.
I see the Italian pizza guys use semolina and it helps it slide..

the fact that yours stick sometimes show you are doing high hydration..whiich is the real deal

yeh..I made so many last week at one time..I have to take a rest ..ok it’s sushi next huh?

SubGirl

420club
I see the Italian pizza guys use semolina and it helps it slide..

the fact that yours stick sometimes show you are doing high hydration..whiich is the real deal

yeh..I made so many last week at one time..I have to take a rest ..ok it’s sushi next huh?
This hydration is especially nice since I’ve been using the 00 pizza flour. I love the way the dough looks and pulls so stretchy and nice. But is much harder to get it off the counter even with semolina or cornmeal. You’re right tho maybe time for a sushi break even tho I’ve been trying a lot of non traditional pizzas so mr sub doesn’t get tired of them.

Unca Walt

420club
Is your general store building still there?
@SubGirl -- You betcha. And there we have a story which is now in our family lexicon.

Miz Gaddis was old and hugely fat, and had a tooth like Sgt Snorkel. She always wore a loose black sack-like dress.

Understand: When we kids saw her, it was in the late 1940's.

Time and life went by, and I am home from the military, and married to the Beautiful Witch with two little sons. We had 4 acres with a 900-ft driveway up near the old farm.

I had described what Miz Gaddis had looked like to my BW many times. We decided to drive over and see what the old general store looked like after 30+ years.

Well, the glass-top visible-gas pump was gone (it had been across the dirt road from the store).

Then we walked into the store, and I think I peed a little.

There was snaggle-toothed Miz Gaddis behind the counter, in a sack-like black dress!!! Not stuffed, alive!!

My wifelet had her jaw wide open.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts