What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
Good morning old farts! View attachment 18969212 View attachment 18969213

Cloudy today starting at 35F and predicted to reach 47F.

Alas, Miss Layla's Scottish Terrier walking buddy named Hamish started feeling poorly and appeared in pain, so they took him to the emergency vet clinic, where they discovered that his organs were in the final grip of Stage 5 cancer, so they put him down to save him suffering.

Grayfox was providing hugs and solace to Hamish's mom on a neighborhood walk about sharing Miss Layla, and a young white Husky female came bounding up and followed them home. I took her picture and Grayfox posted a notice with the Humane Societies, and we let her roam the house with Layla until we got a response.

She was gregarious and full of it, with Layla being a good host, even after the pup stole her rawhide chew and began taunting her with it. Some romping and chasing, as well as some studiously ignoring before the pup's mom contacted us and picked her up.

She offered us a reward, which we declined, and her husband came by later to again offer us a reward, which I declined, only to have him leave a $100 bill in our mailbox, soooo we donated that $100 to the Humane Society in Hamish's memory, as well as thanks for being there to connect us finders with the frantic and heartbroken owners.
So nice of you to take the doggo in. I hope if anyone sees my dogs out there they would make the same effort. I know I have and found owners, even helped look for lost dogs of my friend. It’s a bad feeling losing your dog. I’m sure they were so happy you took her in. 🥰

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not fked, just wearing out…🙁
Commiseration brother! I wish it were not so too, but pain has been a daily companion since my first serious knee injury in high school football, periodically expanded to include joint replacements, serious mishaps, and now the age-related wear and tear.

Watching us band of merry old farts compare pains reminds me of a discussion that I was in comparing airline stories and I was leading with my story of having the pilot announce that we were returning to the airport that we just left, and having a parade of emergency vehicles pace the plane as it landed and rolled to a stop. My boss elevated it to the next notch with, "I was on an Electra that ran off the runway and crashed on landing."

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
AARP would send me junk mail wanting me to join and send them money

the idiots used to send return envelopes that were prepaid

so I started stuffing the envelopes with pieces of roofing shingles , small nails , and all their paperwork

they quit sending me junk mail after a couple of those stuffed envelopes from me

they do not send prepaid envelopes anymore…hahahhahha!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So nice of you to take the doggo in. I hope if anyone sees my dogs out there they would make the same effort. I know I have and found owners, even helped look for lost dogs of my friend. It’s a bad feeling losing your dog. I’m sure they were so happy you took her in. 🥰
Stray dogs fair poorly with city traffic, so we've collected a half dozen or so since we've lived here and in every case were able to reconnect them to their owners.

We are fortunate that our German Shepherds have all been good hosts so that we were able to do so and it is always uplifting to watch the pups and their owners reunite.

Easy to imagine what we would feel like if one of ours was missing and loose in the city.

SubGirl

420club
AARP would send me junk mail wanting me to join and send them money

the idiots used to send return envelopes that were prepaid

so I started stuffing the envelopes with pieces of roofing shingles , small nails , and all their paperwork

they quit sending me junk mail after a couple of those stuffed envelopes from me

they do not send prepaid envelopes anymore…hahahhahha!
My uncle Andy use to fill all those prepaid envelopes with other junk mail he received. I thought this was a great idea and you’re right, they don’t send them anymore 🤪

acespicoli

So many scams preying on elderly people... AARP seems like another way to waste retirement funds :thinking:
Well I wanted to leave this thread here in hopes everyone could help and be helped
If you have some information to add it would be greatly appreciated
Searched and continue to search for medical cannabis information, spent hours on this so far
There is research studies, and how to use cannabis and for what...Hopefully it helps someone !
:huggg:

SubGirl

420club
Stray dogs fair poorly with city traffic, so we've collected a half dozen or so since we've lived here and in every case were able to reconnect them to their owners.

We are fortunate that our German Shepherds have all been good hosts so that we were able to do so and it is always uplifting to watch the pups and their owners reunite.

Easy to imagine what we would feel like if one of ours was missing and loose in the city.
Yes, this has happened much more often since we moved to the city. Last time a sweet old GSD I saw while we were on our bike ride. I knocked on every door before finally finding where she escaped. She was visiting so nobody knew her. I suggested they put tag on her collar even a temporary one in case it happened again. The lady that was watching the dog the mother of her family didn’t understand why this was important. I found the dog the next day in the same spot and took her home again because I knew where she lived. Only 2 streets into our hood from a busy road.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18969140
🤷‍♂️

View attachment 18969141

Anyone using AARP ? American Association of Retired Persons
We became a member when I first retired because of their lobby efforts and used their supplemental health insurance, but none of their other "services". Shopping around we found better medical insurance for less elsewhere and didn't renew our membership.

Unca Walt

420club
Howdy gang. Spent 2 hours on the cat visit. We are thinking about it over night. There were 2 to look at and the person from the shelter wouldn't stop ......on and on. Must be lonely. Anyway we decided on a little girl. We will probably get her tomorrow.

Got a text from the Doctor on my back. Here is his text.

MRI L spine report reviewed
1. degenerative changes noted especially the lower lumbar spine, these can cause potential nerve root impingement lower lumbar spine
2. has moderate lumbar spinal stenosis which is narrowing of the spinal canal at L3-4, which may be contributing as well.
3. recommend pain clinic eval, consider injections for symptoms.
4. other option would be neurosurgery referral, however may wish to start with pain clinic.

so, does anybody here know how fked I am?
Scooter (AKA: MySonTheDoctor) had some advice for me and bitchin' back pain:

"Daddy, your spinal column is now made of Ritz crackers. There is essentially little to be done to change this fact. So in order to keep your crackers working like bones, just do everything at 50% revs. Your teenage days are over."

jokerman

Premium user
Big time lurker here. I've been following along for the ride since this fun, could give a shit, and heartwarming thead started. Thanks.

Putembk

I used this site to fix my washer. Pretty comprehensive. At the least, you can figure out your model and part number and go from there. .https://www.repairclinic.com/
Welcome Joe!
Let us know your meds you are currently taking so we as a group can advise.
Need marital advice ?
You came to the right place☝️😊

OleReynard

Howdy gang. Spent 2 hours on the cat visit. We are thinking about it over night. There were 2 to look at and the person from the shelter wouldn't stop ......on and on. Must be lonely. Anyway we decided on a little girl. We will probably get her tomorrow.

Got a text from the Doctor on my back. Here is his text.

MRI L spine report reviewed
1. degenerative changes noted especially the lower lumbar spine, these can cause potential nerve root impingement lower lumbar spine
2. has moderate lumbar spinal stenosis which is narrowing of the spinal canal at L3-4, which may be contributing as well.
3. recommend pain clinic eval, consider injections for symptoms.
4. other option would be neurosurgery referral, however may wish to start with pain clinic.

so, does anybody here know how fked I am?
I know exactly join the club but my L1 thru L5 are like that.
Exhaust all options before surgery
This is another thing I go to therapy for plus my mid back is doing that

Unca Walt

420club
My uncle Andy use to fill all those prepaid envelopes with other junk mail he received. I thought this was a great idea and you’re right, they don’t send them anymore 🤪
Back in The Olden Days, politicians would send out prepaid envelopes asking for donations.

I like to think this practice no longer obtains due in some measure to my actions.

I taped the envelope to a box of bricks, labeled the box "Archeological Samples -- Do Not Delay"

Left it at the Post Office.

Unca Walt

420club
Scooter (AKA: MySonTheDoctor) had some advice for me and bitchin' back pain:

"Daddy, your spinal column is now made of Ritz crackers. There is essentially little to be done to change this fact. So in order to keep your crackers working like bones, just do everything at 50% revs. Your teenage days are over."
Oh. One other thing:

If I am stoned (like right now) I am aware of pain, but I just don't care. So I try to stay stoned pretty much all of the time.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
mornin’ folks……
may help some with pain……. Unc says best….”stay stoned pretty much all the time”….
IMG_3275.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts