What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

R

Robrites

Senator Steiner Hayward Signs On To SB 639, Public Hearing Scheduled

Senator Steiner Hayward Signs On To SB 639, Public Hearing Scheduled

We have big news to share on our fight to legalize cannabis cafes in Oregon! Last week, Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, a doctor at OHSU, signed on as a sponsor, and our bill, Senate Bill 639, was scheduled for a hearing on February 28th at 8:00am in front of the Senate Committee on Business and General Government.
This is exciting and important progress, and this is just one small step on the path to pass SB 639. In order to continue our progress, we have more work to do and we need your help. Listed below are four ways you can support our work to make certain legislators know the significance of SB 639:
1. Contact your legislators and ask them to co-sponsor SB 639. We have an easy online tool for you to use to reach out to your elected representatives.
2. Submit written testimony to the Senate Committee On Business and General Government at sbgg.exhibits@oregonlegislature.gov
3. Attend the hearing on February 28th and help demonstrate the grass-roots support for our common sense bill in Hearing Room B, Oregon State Capitol at 900 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301 at 8:00 am.
4. Donate to the New Revenue Coalition. Funding allows us to spend the time necessary to round up political support from additional legislative members, and work on targeted lobby efforts for members of the committee.
Great strides have been made this legislative session, but Reefer Madness prohibitionists and other special interests are working hard to deny our movement to legalize more equity, employment opportunities, and revenue for Oregonians.

R

Robrites

February 21, 2019​

OLCC Commissioners Adopt Rules for Regulating Industrial Hemp Entering OLCC Regulated Marijuana System

Stipulated Settlements for Recreational Marijuana Violations Approved

Portland, Ore -- At its monthly meeting on February 21, 2019 the Commissioners of the Oregon Liquor Control Commission approved rules for regulating industrial hemp that enters into the OLCC regulated marijuana system.
The new industrial hemp rules implement the provisions of House Bill 4089 approved by the Oregon Legislature and signed into law in 2018. HB 4089 alters the way hemp items can enter the OLCC licensed system. The rule change allows for additional OLCC recreational marijuana license types to receive industrial hemp items from growers and handlers registered with the Oregon Department of Agriculture.
A key element of the rules requires that hemp items received by OLCC licensees be tracked using a seed-to-sale tracking system; this means hemp items will be tracked using the same Cannabis Tracking System (CTS) required for marijuana and marijuana products.
The new hemp rules can be found here on the OLCC website.
The Commission also approved the following fines and/or marijuana license suspensions or license surrenders based on stipulated settlements:
CR HEALTHY OPTIONS* will pay a fine of $1,485 or serve a nine day recreational marijuana producer license suspension for one violation.
Licensees are Linda Mayfield, Co-Licensee; Larry Mayfield, Co-Licensee.
Phillips Field Facility* will pay a fine of $7,755 or serve a 47-day recreational marijuana producer license suspension for two violations.
Licensee is Phillip Field Facility, LLC; Susan Phillips, Member.
Kleen Karma Gardens* will pay a fine of $2,640 or serve a 16-day recreational marijuana producer license suspension for two violations.
Licensee is Kleen Karma Gardens, Inc.; Oregon Care 4 You, LLC, Stockholder; Mark Mobray, Pres/Sec/Dir/Member; Kimberly Bottaro, VP/Director.
Lunchbox Alchemy*; will pay a fine of $8,415 or serve a 51-day recreational marijuana processor license suspension for two violations.
Licensee is CHC Laboratories, LLC; Cameron Yee, Managing Member.
Gorgeous Green Farms*; will pay a fine of $7,260 or serve a 44-day recreational marijuana producer license suspension for three violations.
Licensee is Gorgeous Green Farms, LLC, Dungey Holdings, LLC, Member; Scott Dungey, Member; F&P Investments, LLC, Member; Jeffrey Froug, Member.
Panda Farms*; will surrender its producer license on the date the transfer of ownership of the business is completed or at 7:00 AM on May 21, 2019, whichever is earlier, and each licensee agrees to accept a letter of reprimand for nine violations.
Licensee is Geiger Industries, LLC; Kali Mata, LLC, Managing Member; Nitin Khanna, Managing Member; Karan Khanna, Member; Portsmouth Enterprises, Managing Member; David Alport, Stockholder.

*The locations of OLCC marijuana producer, processor and wholesale licensees are exempt from public disclosure under Oregon law.
A copy of the Stipulated Settlement Agreements for Marijuana Violation Cases can be found on the OLCC website, on the Laws & Rules page under the Final Orders section.

OregonBorn

They will not revive OMMP medical stores in Oregon unless the Feds do something drastic. The 'deal' with an OMMP card is no 20% tax on weed at rec stores, and many rec stores give a deeper discount. At some places in PDX I have gotten grams as cheap as $2 with a medical card, which was half the retail rec price. Also OMMP gives a vet discount for annual card fees. I think its only $20 a year for vets, as opposed to the $200 a year fee for OMMP cards.

Maybe the VA would cover the costs of weed from rec stores, but do not expect medical dispensaries to re-open again in Oregon. Unless the Feds decide to enforce federal law and raid rec stores and farms in the 10 rec states and re-enforce the weed ban, and then Oregon would revert all rec stores and farms to medical dispensaries and grow sites in defense of that. 33 states have legal medical MJ in some form or other. It would be nearly impossible for the Feds to shit that down. I believe that one of the Mary Jane bills passed in Oregon a couple years ago set up a medical transfer defense process in case the Feds flip on states.

R

Robrites

6p56b4mg2ri21.jpg

OregonBorn

Those things are nasty. They spit like camels and try to chew the balls off of other males in fights. My ex had a dozen of them at one time.

R

Robrites

Cannabis Bill Would Allow OLCC To Limit Growers Based On Market

Legislators considered a handful of cannabis bills in Salem Thursday. One would allow the state to limit production based on market demand.
A recent study by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission found six-and-a-half years’ worth of marijuana sitting on shelves. It also found twice as much cannabis as needed is being produced each year.
As a result, retail prices have dropped precipitously.
Much of the excess is going into the black market and the state is worried that could prompt the federal government to take action against the legal market.
As a result, legislators are considering Senate Bill 218, which would allow the OLCC to refuse marijuana production licenses based on market demand and other relevant factors.
Cannabis business woman Margo Lucas told the Senate Committee on Business and General Government that the state needs to be able to control the market.
“These people are going to go out of business. If you don’t support us, they’re going to take your tax money with them,” said Lucas. “We are not asking for protection. We are in free fall.”
OLCC Executive Director Steve Marks told the public hearing he’s prepared to move forward and enact Senate Bill 218.
“In a relatively short amount of time, we have got a 55 percent rate of Oregon market share of consumption of marijuana in our legal system,” Marks said. “I think that’s fantastic when you compare that to what California has experienced and we’ve got there very very quickly.”

Other bills under consideration by lawmakers would allow cannabis cafes in Oregon and establish a program to ensure responsible retailers.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/cannabis-grower-limit-oregon-bill/

OregonBorn

Yeah... and where exactly is any proof that the excess legal weed grown in state is going into the black market? This state's government is so full of shit its pathetic. Black market weed comes from black market grows. Just like it did BEFORE legalization.

Stupid Oregon gov't fucks...

Dankwolf

Yeah... and where exactly is any proof that the excess legal weed grown in state is going into the black market? This state's government is so full of shit its pathetic. Black market weed comes from black market grows. Just like it did BEFORE legalization.

Stupid Oregon gov't fucks...

Ummm no lol . the guys in my area are flooding the market . legel guys are crashing the market on my side of mountain . .fuck all I want is to pay for my grow but Mr. Coco out is through all kinds under the state table . sorry but I strongly disagree . I am out of the smoke/sales game becuse of excess from Mr legal . this my not be you but it is most . this market should be open and fare for all. Just my 2 cent like it or not .

OregonBorn

Seems odd... all the tagging, bagging and inspections? At the risk of losing grow licenses?

The black market growers are still doing what they have always done. At least that is what I see growing in NorCal, and being shipped back east where they get the big bux. Mexican cartels growing black market on cheap lots in Shasta, Trinity, and Siskiyou Counties, and growing more weed out in the open than the local cops and DEA can bust. Its a cat and mouse game, but the volume is HUGE. In October they raided over 250 grow sites and barely dented the cartel harvests there. Meanwhile the old school underground growers in Humboldt, Mendocino and Trinity Counties are still growing and cranking out bud, as they have done since the 1980s.

In what I have seen, the black market growing still dwarfs the legal growing in OR and CA. And they have not been able to control it, nor will they ever be able to as long as there is a black market and demand for weed.

PDX Dopesmoker

Both of you seem to agree that the state's licensing scheme is putting all of the available work and profit into too few hands.
Amy Margolis and Steve Marks are the people who are screwing you over, its not each other thats the problem and it not some dude whos trying to earn an honest living selling weed out of state no matter how it was grown.

Dankwolf

:tiphat:this
All,I want is a fare market for all with transparency so I can for one in many years not live in fear . I like to breed and thats it . how can a hobby be a crime ?

Both of you seem to agree that the state's licensing scheme is putting all of the available work and profit into too few hands.
Amy Margolis and Steve Marks are the people who are screwing you over, its not each other thats the problem and it not some dude whos trying to earn an honest living selling weed out of state no matter how it was grown.

frostqueen

So: both hemp and drug cultivar cannabis seeds have no THC in them. Does that change the classification/restrictions on seeds, with them falling into the 'hemp' category? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? I can't seem to find any clear answers to this question.

PDX Dopesmoker

The state government has very restrictive personal seed possession laws last time I looked. I don't think you're allowed to have more than 10.

frostqueen

The state government has very restrictive personal seed possession laws last time I looked. I don't think you're allowed to have more than 10.

I'm curious how they would know that they aren't hemp seeds. Or are those heavily regulated in Oregon as well?

Seems like just rubber-stamping 'hemp' on each pack of seeds would be enough to get away with it.

OregonBorn

I'm curious how they would know that they aren't hemp seeds. Or are those heavily regulated in Oregon as well?

Seems like just rubber-stamping 'hemp' on each pack of seeds would be enough to get away with it.

My lawyer friends are looking into this now in Oregon and in California. Seeds with less than 0,3% THC do qualify as being a hemp cannabis product to meet federal regulations under the 2018 farm bill. However, hemp in Oregon is regulated by the ODA, and to grow hemp in Oregon you have to have a license. Also according to the ODA, you also need a special licenses to grow and handle hemp seeds. From the ODA web site:

Register before growing or handling

All registrations expire on December 31 of the calendar year and are not pro-rated at any time during the calendar year.

You must have a copy of your registration number before growing or handling industrial hemp. Industrial hemp registration applications submitted with complete and accurate information can take as long as four weeks to process. Applications containing incomplete or inaccurate information can take longer.​

Additional registration is needed for those wishing to produce or handle agricultural hemp seed. The agricultural hemp seed production registration must accompany either a grower or handler registration and is an option on both applications to include.

The registration fees for growing hemp in Oregon is $1,300 a year. The additional fees for growing and handling hemp seed is $120 a year. The state is only too happy to tax you to death on growing and handling hemp seed. Of course, Idaho is only to happy to throw you in prison for having any Cannabis product with ~any~ measurable amount of THC. Whatever that is, 0,00001%? Idaho believes that if states can legalize weed at their discretion, then states can also make weed illegal at their discretion. All to be played out in the courts, of course. Then there is the FDA to and USDA contend with at the federal level for regulation of legalized hemp.

PDX Dopesmoker

Oddly enough you can go down to whole foods and buy hemp seed and nobody asks for your license.
Its awful how with "legalization" laws and penalties have become more restrictive and enforcement has added large amounts of income and manpower to their roles. Its the polar opposite of what the people voted for. The people in power must be outrageously misanthropic to go this same direction every time they get the opportunity and their desire to micromanage everyone constantly reeks of paranoia. What is it that they're afraid of? They got secrets to hide?

OregonBorn

Hemp seed sold in the US for food is all sterilized. They sell it in bird seed, by the pound at Grocery Outlet, and lots of other places. They have been doing this for many decades.

All these laws apply to *live* hemp seed.

Latest posts

Latest posts