What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

R

Robrites

Back In The Old days....

7bKPJaD.jpg

OregonBorn

Wow. I must still be a gateway meth-head in waiting. 40 years after taking my first toke, I have never done any. My time is running out! Where can I score some? In Molalla?

frostqueen

My lawyer friends are looking into this now in Oregon and in California. Seeds with less than 0,3% THC do qualify as being a hemp cannabis product to meet federal regulations under the 2018 farm bill. However, hemp in Oregon is regulated by the ODA, and to grow hemp in Oregon you have to have a license. Also according to the ODA, you also need a special licenses to grow and handle hemp seeds. From the ODA web site:

Register before growing or handling

All registrations expire on December 31 of the calendar year and are not pro-rated at any time during the calendar year.

You must have a copy of your registration number before growing or handling industrial hemp. Industrial hemp registration applications submitted with complete and accurate information can take as long as four weeks to process. Applications containing incomplete or inaccurate information can take longer.​

Additional registration is needed for those wishing to produce or handle agricultural hemp seed. The agricultural hemp seed production registration must accompany either a grower or handler registration and is an option on both applications to include.

The registration fees for growing hemp in Oregon is $1,300 a year. The additional fees for growing and handling hemp seed is $120 a year. The state is only too happy to tax you to death on growing and handling hemp seed. Of course, Idaho is only to happy to throw you in prison for having any Cannabis product with ~any~ measurable amount of THC. Whatever that is, 0,00001%? Idaho believes that if states can legalize weed at their discretion, then states can also make weed illegal at their discretion. All to be played out in the courts, of course. Then there is the FDA to and USDA contend with at the federal level for regulation of legalized hemp.

Hey, thanks for answering. I spent a few hours digging deeper this weekend and came to the same conclusion: you'd have to be licenced for hemp production.

As far as drug-cannabis seeds go, I honestly don't get wtf Oregon is trying to achieve there. A 10 seed limit? WTF for? I can legally buy 4 clones a day from clubs, so why is limiting my seed stash to 10 seeds a priority? All it does is screw the small farmers and hobby breeders.

Dawgfunk

Weed’s a gateway drug to the pillow or the coffee pot for me. Notsomuch the meth pipe...although sometimes these dab straws make me wonder.

OregonBorn

As far as drug-cannabis seeds go, I honestly don't get wtf Oregon is trying to achieve there. A 10 seed limit? WTF for? I can legally buy 4 clones a day from clubs, so why is limiting my seed stash to 10 seeds a priority? All it does is screw the small farmers and hobby breeders.

10 seed limit purchase for anyone, 50 seed limit purchase with an OMMP card. Unlimited with an OLCC mj license of any kind, or a hemp license. Dunno why they carry the seed limit over to personal stashes. They only track your purchases if you have an OMMP card though. Otherwise you can go from store to store in state and buy all the weed, plants and seeds that you want. Seeds are small, so if you have more? How is anyone going to know?

Hey, I just had a thought, is there a meth seed limit?

R

Robrites

Oregon lawmakers consider two dozen marijuana bills

Oregon lawmakers consider two dozen marijuana bills

From The Blue Mountain Eagle

State lawmakers are considering more than two dozen bills that could affect Oregonians who consume recreational and medical marijuana.
Oregon voters approved legalizing recreational use of cannabis for adults 21 and older in 2014.
Since then, legislators have been shoring up the state’s system to regulate the newly legal product.
This year, proposals would tighten some regulations and loosen others as the state continues to wrestle with a glut of marijuana plants and products.

That excess has prompted federal authorities to insist on tougher regulation while lawmakers consider measures that would allow Oregon cannabis businesses to sell inventory in neighboring states.
State auditors recently uncovered issues with how the state regulates marijuana.
In January, the Secretary of State’s office reported that the Oregon Liquor Control Commission has been unable to keep marijuana from seeping into the black market.
Errors in the data the agency uses to track legal marijuana have made it harder to spot suspicious issues, and the agency hasn’t employed enough people to keep up with the demand for licenses and the need for inspections, auditors said.
Lawmakers may take aim at the agency’s workload issue by allowing the liquor control commission to limit marijuana licenses.
Cannabis has a long history in Oregon.
The state’s voters favored legalizing marijuana for medicinal uses in 1998, 25 years after Oregon became the first state to decriminalize cannabis.

The two markets — recreational and medical — continue side by side, with a well-established constituency rooting for medical marijuana.
The longstanding medical marijuana market is regulated mostly by the Oregon Health Authority, although the OLCC has stepped in to track medical dispensaries, processors and growers who grew medical marijuana for three or more patients.
Medical marijuana cardholders can buy cannabis tax-free at retailers.
Here is some of the cannabis-related legislation pending in the 2019 Legislature:

You might be able to order cannabis through a state website — or from a neighboring city.
House Bill 2723 would direct the OLCC to set up a system so medical marijuana patients could order cannabis online.
Sponsor: Rep. Rob Nosse, D-Portland.
Chatter: The OLCC doesn’t think it’s necessary for them to set up an online ordering system for the private sector, said the agency’s executive director, Steve Marks.

The state could coordinate a medical marijuana delivery pilot, perhaps twice a month for a small group of patients in certain regions of the state, Marks said.
“Do people want it delivered? Can we organize it? Is it going to work for patients if we did something like this? And is it actually worthwhile?” Marks said in an interview with the Oregon Capital Bureau. “… I’m kind of skeptical. On the other hand, if we had a pilot, we’d have information to judge whether we’d want to do something larger or smaller in the future.”
House Bill 2909 would allow retailers to deliver to adjacent cities and unincorporated counties that have also opted in to allow legal recreational cannabis.
Sponsor: Rep. Ken Helm, D-Beaverton, Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene
Status: Lawmakers heard public testimony on the bill Monday and Wednesday.
Chatter: “Creating efficiency and safety in technology for cannabis companies is one of the strongest actions we can take against the illicit market for cannabis,” said Skip Newberry, president of the Technology Association of Oregon, in written testimony to the House Economic Development Committee.

You could legally buy cannabis from California.
Senate Bill 582 would allow the Oregon governor to enter into a compact with bordering states with legal cannabis to coordinate and enforce regulations on licensed marijuana businesses. Licensed marijuana businesses could transport and sell Oregon marijuana in California, for example. But transportation methods that are regulated solely by the federal government couldn’t be used. The current version of the bill specifies that the agreement between states has to include a way to track marijuana items and “enforceable public health and safety standards.”
Sponsor: Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene and Rep. Ken Helm, D-Beaverton
Status: Lawmakers heard public testimony on the bill Feb. 7, with no movement since then.
Chatter: “Oregon producers have struggled because interstate sales and international sales are not legal,” said Sarah Duff, media and outreach director for the International Cannabis Business Conference, in written testimony. “If they were, then our growers would be as valued and famous worldwide as Oregon wine makers.”

The state could reconsider past cannabis-related crime convictions.
House Bill 3144 would direct the Oregon Criminal Justice Commission to study setting aside certain marijuana-related convictions “based on conduct that is no longer unlawful” and report back to the Legislature in 2020.
Sponsor: House Majority Leader Jennifer Williamson, D-Portland
Status: The bill hasn’t been worked or received a public hearing yet, but has been referred to the House Committee on Judiciary.

It may become illegal for an employer to fire you because of a positive drug test for cannabis.
House Bill 2655 would prohibit an employer from using a positive drug test for a legal substance, including cannabis, as the only grounds for firing, or as the sole reason not to hire you.
You couldn’t use the substance during work hours, and it can’t impair your work. The law wouldn’t apply if a ban on consuming cannabis is a “bona fide qualification” for the job or is included in a collective bargaining agreement.
Sponsor: Rep. Chris Gorsek, D-Troutdale
Status: The bill received a public hearing before the House Business and Labor Committee on Feb. 13, but hasn’t been voted on.
A companion bill, Senate Bill 379, received a public hearing Feb. 7 but has not moved either.
Chatter: “In addition to employees directly regulated by (the U.S. Department of Transportation), many employees within the trucking industry are still in safety-sensitive positions where impairment of any kind could jeopardize the health and safety of themselves, our drivers, or the motoring public,” Waylon Buchan, a lobbyist for the Oregon Trucking Associations, told lawmakers in written testimony. Opponents of the bill have said the proposal could conflict with federal laws.

You could smoke at a cannabis lounge or at temporary events, like festivals and concerts.
Senate Bill 639 would allow Oregonians 21 and older to smoke at temporary events and “cannabis lounges.”
Sponsor: Sen. Lew Frederick, D-Portland, and Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene.
Status: A public hearing was held Feb. 28 with no movement since then. A companion bill in the House, House Bill 2233, went through a public hearing Wednesday.
Chatter: “Both first-hand and second-hand marijuana smoke contains many of the same cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco smoke, and there is no evidence that ventilation of smoke within enclosed areas is effective in mitigating health effects,” said Jessica Nischik-Long, executive director of the Oregon Public Health Association, in written testimony. “… The addition of cannabis cafes creates an increased risk of driving under the influence, as there are no assessments to measure when an individual is ‘too high’ to drive and no set guidelines to determine when someone should no longer be served.”

Dawgfunk

@rob, I guess I can do a bit more research but any word on ousting the med program?? Hopefully they’ll start taking all this shit weed from huge ass rec grows and start selling it to ca and start allowing med back in dispensaries. Obviously not worth what it used to be worth but maybe that would tilt the balance just a little bit so people who are here in oregon can have access to small batch whenever they want it. I feel like the growers would feel a bit more appreciated instead of feeling like they were used as pawns. Can we still set up protections for growers?? I think it’s about to become a necessity.

R

Robrites

@rob, I guess I can do a bit more research but any word on ousting the med program?? Hopefully they’ll start taking all this shit weed from huge ass rec grows and start selling it to ca and start allowing med back in dispensaries. Obviously not worth what it used to be worth but maybe that would tilt the balance just a little bit so people who are here in oregon can have access to small batch whenever they want it. I feel like the growers would feel a bit more appreciated instead of feeling like they were used as pawns. Can we still set up protections for growers?? I think it’s about to become a necessity.

Ya, they have really killed all us "neighborhood grower" types. I think the goal is to eliminate med altogether. Then they only have to manage one program and one set of rules.

Grow as clean and pure as you can and find people that value those qualities. The glut here shows that any damn fool can grow weed - grow something special.

OregonBorn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You could legally buy cannabis from California.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will never happen as long as Marijuana is a Federal Sched. 1 narcotic, it cannot cross state lines. Also you will get poped driving across Idaho with any Cannabis, hemp or marijuana. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It may become illegal for an employer to fire you because of a positive drug test for cannabis.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will not apply to federal employees, for the same reason as not allowing for interstate transport of weed. [/FONT][/FONT]

Aota1

They’ve been slowly marrying med and rec regulations with some being the same and others getting closer to the same for each side. It’s ‘government efficiency’ at it’s finest with only one set of rules (besides no tax in a dispensary) eventually being the goal. They tried prematurely to do it on flower purchase limits last year by calling an emergency reduction of med down to the same as rec - 28 grams- but there was too much outcry (and actual need) by patients in rural areas unable to provide their own. It eventually went back up to 8 ounces (1/3 of the previous limit) They’ll raise rec limits a little at some point since the other way didn’t work. The OLCC held it for a good while based off an ‘emergency investigation’ of patients who were following the rules. Buying close to their 1.5lb max multiple days in a week. The olcc thought it was suspicious (people following their own regulations) and called the reduction down to an ounce- same as rec. Purchasing plant limits are the same at 4/day. Edible limits are 100mg/product med and 50mg/product rec. Med used to have 400-500mg options. I expect the next phase will be raising rec to 100mg. Each side can buy up to a lb by weight in their respective dosages edibles. They will diminish the benefits to almost nil for remaining med. Med Growers can sell 20lbs/yr to dispensaries this year if they jump through 50 hoops.

Aota1

I do have to add that beyond all of the over regulation, extra costs, and diminishing medical side, the access that many people are taking advantage of for purely medical reasons has been incredible and has increased the quality of life for a very big senior population (and everyone else). These people were deathly afraid of ever signing up for the ommp program due to deep set stigma. They’re coming out of the woodwork, some on advice from their physicians, and seeking and finding relief. Replacing decades long daily opiate use with RSO. Fighting cancer. We had a guy come out with his wife who was battling cancer to get RSO. They came back daily while staying in a hotel to get stocked before returning to his medical practice in North Carolina. The tide is turning. We can always grow our own excellent herb so remember that intention you probably had when first getting into it if freeing the herb. It’s happening but we can’t monopolize the thing anymore. Prices dropped so much anyway.

OregonBorn

And the state pressure on medical growing continues. This from OHA today:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]MEDICAL MARIJUANA INFORMATION BULLETIN 2019-02[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Subject: Oregon Medical Marijuana Online System (OMMOS) Reporting Enforcement[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) would like to remind growers at grow sites that are required to use OMMOS that every month they must report on-site inventory and any transfers made. Even if there is no on-site inventory, or no transfers were made during the month, growers must still log into OMMOS to report there was no inventory or transfers by the 10th of every month.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Failure to report monthly into OMMOS will result in the OMMP issuing civil penalties to the grower or growers at a grow site.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]OMMP will start issuing warning letters in April to growers who are not in compliance with OMMOS reporting requirements and will be given a chance to come into compliance. If a grower fails to come into compliance a civil penalty of at least $200 will be proposed. Failure to pay the civil penalty and come into compliance may result in further civil penalties and grower card registration revocation.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Who must report in OMMOS[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Growers at grow sites with two or fewer patients are required to submit monthly reports to the OMMP using OMMOS if ANY of the following is true:[/FONT]

• [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You are the designated grower for an OMMP patient other than yourself.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You are a patient growing for yourself at your own residence and you are transferring marijuana items to a medical processor or dispensary.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You are a patient growing for yourself at a grow site address that is NOT your residence.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]OMMOS reporting is not required for a patient growing only for him or herself at his or her residence, unless the patient is transferring usable marijuana to a registered processing site, dispensary. (OAR 333-008-0630(1)).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]What to report[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A grower must report the previous month's transfers and onsite inventory by the 10th of each month. Those required to report must create an online account in OMMOS to submit reports (OAR 333-008-0033(3) and 333-008-0630).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Detailed instructions on what is required to be reported can be found on the OMMP Reporting and Tracking Requirements webpage under the grower’s section and the “Need Help with OMMOS?” section. In addition, you will find instructions on how to create an OMMOS account and report. There are also tutorials available on how to report no on-site inventory and how to report no transfers being made for the month.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]To create an OMMOS account or log into OMMOS please visit: https://ommpsystem.oregon.gov/[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If you need help logging into your OMMOS account, you are not sure if you should be reporting, or believe that you are exempt, please contact the program to verify. Staff are available to answer your questions Monday through Friday between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM at 971-673-1234. You can also find what your reporting requirement is by logging into OMMOS at any time and looking under the “Grow Site Administrator” tab. The field on the far left, labelled “System,” will say either CTS, OMMOS, or Exempt for each of your grow sites.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Failure to report monthly into OMMOS as required will result in OMMP proposing to issue at least a $200 civil penalty to the grower.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]OMMOS Training for Growers[/FONT]

R

Robrites

Oregon Senate rejects plan to limit supply of recreational marijuana

Oregon Senate rejects plan to limit supply of recreational marijuana

By The Associated Press
SALEM — In a rare “no” vote on the Oregon Senate floor, lawmakers shot down a plan Wednesday to limit the state’s supply of legal recreational marijuana.
The proposal was intended to tamp down the rampant oversupply of marijuana that’s caused prices to plummet. The measure would have allowed the state to limit the number of marijuana production licenses it issues based on supply and demand for the product.

Sen. Michael Dembrow, D-Portland, said oversupply has left the state with enough legal weed to last nearly seven years. He said managing the amount of marijuana produced could prevent the product from slipping into the black market.

Senate Minority Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr. said the state should instead let the free market dictate prices. He said the plan amounted to “socialism” and was “a stab at capitalism in pure form.”
Lawmakers voted down the proposal 17-13. Six Democrats joined 11 Republicans in opposing the bill. One Republican, Tim Knopp of Bend, voted for it.
The measure was moved back to the Rules Committee for further consideration.

PDX Dopesmoker

Good news
Lawmakers voted down the proposal 17-13
Close though, the majority of the ruling party is overwhelmingly in favor of their version of the "command economy". They're talking about regulating kratom lately too, it'll banana peels and jenkem next.

Oregonism

I just picked up some Sugar Black Rose and some Tre Butter. Both are illegally seeded [ 10+], who should this be reported to..../s

I would just say they are Hemp. are they going to test for THC acid, please do that would be funny shite.

Oregonism

Good news

Close though, the majority of the ruling party is overwhelmingly in favor of their version of the "command economy". They're talking about regulating kratom lately too, it'll banana peels and jenkem next.

Maybe if we can become part of the SWOOSH cult.....

PDX Dopesmoker

I found what I'm nearly sure is the initial phase of russet mites on my plants outdoors, timed exactly at the start of the first hot weather, just like the two summers pervious. Before that I never got them.

beta

Veteran
I found what I'm nearly sure is the initial phase of russet mites on my plants outdoors, timed exactly at the start of the first hot weather, just like the two summers pervious. Before that I never got them.

They're easy to ID with a scope so guessing shouldn't be necessary.