What's new

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

Dawgfunk

It depends on where you are in California. Unlike Oregon, you are subject to local county and city laws regarding growing in California. In Sonoma Co., there is no limit in the number of personal use medical plants that you can grow there with a medical MMIC permit. You can also grow indoors or out. In Kern Co. you are limited to 12 medical plants and you can only grow them indoors. San Diego Co. allows 24 medical plants indoors. In Mendocino Co. the medical plant limit is 25 and the prior limit to cultivate 99 plants by permit is no longer allowed.

Otherwise recreational grow limits anywhere in California are 6 plants per household. Many counties in California like Sacramento Co. do not allow outdoor growing. Those that do allow outdoor grows require that they be in a locked secure area out of public view and not in a front or side yard, and not part of a multi-family unit. Some counties in California like Monterey Co. require that you get a permit and pay fees to grow any personal rec weed, indoors or out.

Wow, I didn’t realize there were places that say you can’t do it outside...that’s pretty ridiculous to me. I’d say:moon:
Cheers to a beautiful, frosty morning!

OregonBorn

Wow, I didn’t realize there were places that say you can’t do it outside...that’s pretty ridiculous to me. I’d say:moon:
Cheers to a beautiful, frosty morning!

Yep. It varies by city and county in California. Some Oregon cities have tried to ban outdoor growing as well, like Medford. CO only allows indoor growing in that state, and Denver has some other restrictions. Nevada only allows growing if you are more than 25 miles from a dispensary. In AK you can grow 6 plants indoors or out, but only 3 mature flowering ones at any time. Its mix and match growing in the US west.

PDX Dopesmoker

Yep. It varies by city and county in California. Some Oregon cities have tried to ban outdoor growing as well, like Medford. CO only allows indoor growing in that state, and Denver has some other restrictions. Nevada only allows growing if you are more than 25 miles from a dispensary. In AK you can grow 6 plants indoors or out, but only 3 mature flowering ones at any time. Its mix and match growing in the US west.

Of all of the people who voted to legalize in those states, not one single voter ever voted on how many plants citizens are allowed to grow and inside or out, etc. The decisions on how growing regulations have all been made by political appointees and other bullshit artists who are insulated from the public and from responsibility for their decisions.
I was disappointed that ND's legalization initiative didn't pass because theirs was so much less restrictive that the kind of "modeled on colorado and washington" bullshit that passed in Michigan.

OregonBorn

Well, if you ask me, it was better under the medical programs in OR and CA. Most of the OMMP people I know voted no here. Now its all going to roll forward with taxes. The flip side to the US gov't legalizing weed will be an excise tax like there is on booze and jurisdiction under the FDA.

R

Robrites

Oregon man offers 5 pounds of weed to buy used car, lands in jail

Oregon man offers 5 pounds of weed to buy used car, lands in jail

The Oregonian/OregonLive
A 38-year-old Oregon man was arrested after he tried to purchase a used car with his dope stash instead of cash, authorities said.
Matthew Theron Franks faces an unlawful delivery of marijuana charge in connection with last week's barter gone bad, Albany police said.
An auto dealer in town had listed a car for sale on the website OfferUp.com, Capt. Brad Liles told The Oregonian/OregonLive on Tuesday.
Police say Franks, who lives 20 miles away in Independence, responded to the listing and proposed trading a substantial amount of marijuana for the vehicle.
Instead of making a deal on the spot, the auto dealer decided to contact the Linn Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Task Force, Liles said.
A task force investigator contacted Franks and pretended to be the used-car seller, police said.
The pair set a meeting spot and agreed upon an amount of marijuana to make the sale, according to authorities.
Franks showed up at the rendezvous Friday night with 5.4 pounds of pot — quite the stash but still less than what he had promised the faux car salesman, police said.
"That was not the amount of marijuana they had agreed upon," Liles said.
Franks was promptly detained and lodged in the Linn County jail.

Franks showed up at the rendezvous Friday night with 5.4 pounds of pot — quite the stash but still less than what he had promised the faux car salesman, police said.
"That was not the amount of marijuana they had agreed upon," Liles said.
Franks was promptly detained and lodged in the Linn County jail.

Having had my door kicked down in the past by that particular narcotics task force, it warms my heart to know that they are now going after crooked people who try to short you on weed deals instead of just arresting people for weed itself.

herbgreen

Veteran
So instead of just saying "no" they call the 'Linn Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Task Force'

this is good?

Like the the fool in Colorado that had local news station come film his plants....yeah it was dumb,

but his neighbor called not the sheriff but The DEA....he did a mandatory 5 years!

WTF

So they found a way to put this guy in jail....that's just great

enlightened society at work.... marijuana = jail

OregonBorn

You have to realize that 45% of Oregonians voted AGAINST legalizing weed. And there is still a huge block of people out there that think that weed is most evil, right out of Reefer Madness. Paradigms are slow to change. The same thing happened after prohibition of booze was lifted. There are still stills around these hills that I live in as well, and they get busted every now and then. Cannot distill your own moonshine legally to this day in this here state. No sirree Bob.

R

Robrites

COTTAGE GROVE: Guilty on Federal Drug Charges

COTTAGE GROVE: Guilty on Federal Drug Charges

Eric L. Scully, 35, of Cottage Grove, Oregon, pleaded guilty today to endangering human life and illegally possessing and manufacturing marijuana after a November 2017 butane honey oil (BHO) explosion in Cottage Grove.
“Manufacturing hash oil is extremely dangerous and poses a grave risk of injury or death to producers and unknowing, innocent victims. Federal authorities will continue targeting BHO producers and the illicit distribution networks providing them with butane gas. Together with our local partners, we will put an end to this severe public safety threat,” said Billy J. Williams, U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon.
“This investigation highlights the significant dangers that these extraction operations pose,” stated Keith Weis, DEA Special Agent in Charge of the Pacific Northwest Region. He further added, “This explosive event in Cottage Grove’s community was caused by highly reckless criminal activities surrounding butane honey oil (BHO) production, this time we were very lucky that lives were not lost.”
According to court documents, on November 16, 2017, the Cottage Grove Police and Fire Departments responded to an explosion at a storage facility in Cottage Grove. Officers found Scully at a local hospital where he was being treated for serious burn injuries. Investigators later learned that, at the time of the explosion, at least three other individuals were inside the facility.
Two days later, Cottage Grove Police and U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents executed a search warrant at the storage facility. Inside, they found a large, sophisticated, and unlicensed BHO extraction lab. BHO is a concentrated form of marijuana extracted using highly flammable or combustible solvents. During the search, agents found more than 1,900 pounds of marijuana bud and shake, 728 marijuana plants and over 80 pounds of marijuana extract. Each plant was either mature or had left and readily observable root formation.
The investigation determined that while manufacturing BHO, one of Scully’s machines, located in a room containing combustibles, caught fire. The machine and combustibles exploded, injuring Scully and placing the other individuals present at substantial risk of harm.
Scully faces up to 40 years in prison with a five-year mandatory minimum sentence, a $5 million fine and a mandatory four-year term of supervised release. The U.S. Attorney’s Office and defense counsel are jointly recommending a non-binding, 87-month sentence for Scully who will be sentenced on February 21, 2019, before U.S. District Court Judge Michael J. McShane.
As part of the plea agreement, Scully agrees to pay restitution to each victim as determined by the court, including payments for property damage, physical injuries caused by the explosion and the reimbursement of insurance companies. Scully also agreed to forfeit $25,980 in criminal proceeds and a pickup truck and trailer used to facilitate his crimes.
This case was investigated by DEA and the Cottage Grove Police Department. It is being prosecuted by Gavin W. Bruce, Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon.

herbgreen

Veteran
BHO is not just dangerous its beyond that

Please stop doing this dont even use it plain old bad juju and nothing but bad reps for our community

CO2 is what pros are doing and that is where things are going

butane gas is so dangerous it can ignite outside!

Tragic results we have seen the victims and its not pretty.....too easy for it to end badly

R

Robrites

Please stop doing this dont even use it plain old bad juju and nothing but bad reps for our community

Tragic results we have seen the victims and its not pretty.....too easy for it to end badly

Yes. Yes. I Agree

THIS is Oregon
WE don't Need

Any Chemical Residues
In Our Weed.

R

Robrites

Oregon marijuana prices plunge – and sales soar

Oregon marijuana prices plunge – and sales soar

By Mike Rogoway | The Oregonian/OregonLive
[email protected]
The Oregonian/OregonLive

Rampant overproduction in Oregon’s market for legal, recreational marijuana has produced a 50 percent decline in prices, according to state economists. That widely documented collapse has been hard on farmers and retailers – but a boon for consumers.
A new state analysis finds the price collapse sparked a big uptick in marijuana purchases – and a corresponding increase in associated tax revenue.
“Lower prices are helping to drive the volume of sales higher and induce black and medical market conversions into” the legal, recreational market, according to Josh Lehner of the Oregon Office of Economist Analysis.
Recreational marijuana sales in Oregon will be nearly $543 million this year, according to the latest forecasts, up 29 percent from 2017 and well above economists’ expectations. They’re raising their forecasts even more in future years.
When Oregon legalized marijuana four years ago, expectations were huge for the newly legal market. The state created incentives for producers to leave the black market, leading to overproduction and the ensuing price drop.
A state study found the retail cost of a gram of marijuana plunged from $14 in 2015 to $7 last year.

Recreational marijuana remains a small industry, relative to the size of Oregon’s economy. For comparison, economists note that cigarette sales are 40 percent higher than marijuana sales. But legal marijuana is growing fast – state forecasts suggest it will be a billion-dollar market in 2025.
While Oregon famously has no general sales tax, it does levy a 17 percent sales tax on marijuana. Though the state is collecting less on each sale because of falling prices, the increase in volume is more than compensating.
Marijuana taxes generated nearly $70 million in revenue last year and are forecast to generate nearly $90 million in 2018. Though tiny relative to Oregon’s roughly $37 billion annual budget, it’s much higher than anticipated.
And state forecasters believe marijuana may eventually play a more important role in the state’s economy.
“The real economic impact from recreational marijuana will come not from the growing and retailing, which are low-wage and low value-added market segments,” economists wrote in a revenue forecast issued Wednesday. “It will come from higher value-added products like oils, creams, and edibles, in addition to niche, specialty strains.”
The rise of marijuana in Oregon could evoke the emergence of craft brewing in the state, the economists wrote, with value-added production augmented by a cluster of suppliers and support industries.
“The long-term potential of exporting Oregon products and business know-how to the rest of the country remains large,” the economists wrote, “at least once marijuana is legalized nationwide.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2018/11/oregon-marijuana-prices-plunge-and-sales-soar.html

beta

Veteran
Yes. Yes. I Agree

THIS is Oregon
WE don't Need

Any Chemical Residues
In Our Weed.

Pro-tip: Literally everything in the universe is comprised solely of chemicals. Even cannabis itself.

dearpeople-who-complainlabout-the-chemicals-that-theyrelexposed-to-everything-is-34898487.png

Hydro8

Pro-tip: Literally everything in the universe is comprised solely of chemicals. Even cannabis itself.

Reminds me of a trendy "organic" grocery store in Boulder where the shoppers bend over backwards reading labels, donate to save the rain forest, "99% organic is not enough". Then they walk out the door and it is the smoggiest street comer in town full of bus and car exhaust.

frostqueen

View Image

I think if people really knew the chemicals that they are bombarded with on a daily basis they'd shit their pants. Rain and air pollution are full of them. Food and household products are, too. This is the same air and rain that everyone's organic vegetables get exposed to. Not to say that avoiding chems isn't wise, but a trace amount of butane is the least of your worries. Look into teflon byproducts for a real scare.

I was under the impression that butane was a gas at room temperature. How does a gas leave residue in bho, exactly? Doesn't it boil off?

OregonBorn

I was under the impression that butane was a gas at room temperature. How does a gas leave residue in bho, exactly? Doesn't it boil off?

Yes, the butane wafts off. But some gas can get trapped in hard shatter, and there may be other impurities in butane gas. Like benzene, sulfur, etc. But butane and benzene would oxidize when burned and be rendered harmless, like using a butane lighter (which I use all the time). One issue about BHO is that a lot of underground labs use propane for processing it. That has sulfur added to it like natural gas does so you can smell any leaking gas. The propane gas wafts off the hash, but the sulfur and smell of sulfur remains. Several propane labs have blown up in Oregon. And legal labs have blown up here as well. Its not just the illegal producers here exploding making BHO in Oregone.

You are far more likely to get pesticides and herbicides from the weed used to make illegal BHO hash that residue from the butane used to refine it. Butane clears any mold or mold residue in the weed though. I am not sure about the health implications of smoking moldy weed. I mean, we smoked imported weed that was fermented from SE Asia and Colombia for decades, and no one said anything about the harmful effects of smoking moldy weed. It may all oxidize when smoked. Like Paraquat oxidizes into a harmless compound when smoked. Yet that stuff was all the scare in the late 1970s. No one was ever recorded for being treated for Paraquat exposure in weed and there was a lot of Paraquat weed around. I smoked what was later tested to be positive for Paraquat.

Last edited:

Mengsk

It is so heavily compounded that it can be difficult to explain or comprehend for a novice or someone just interested in learning about it. Similar to how mercury poisoning is cited in eating fish because they accumulate heavy metals, I would have a concern about where any "concentrates" are coming from.

I feel I would be at odds attempting to discuss the pros/cons or risks of concentrates with someone. Because unknown fields or gallons of distillate, could not possibly be further from the nature of a product I think of as high grade medicine. Specifically high grade flowers, 20-30% thc, grown professionally or cultivated with care. There is no reasonable way that a person can argue a similar level of toxic contaminate concentrations when the approach is harvesting fields of what 3-10% thc or less plant matter for distillate. That means you are potentially concentrating the herbicides carcinogens and exhaust/carbon residue from an entire field's worth of foliage. Instead of dealing with manicured 30% thc flowers as a starting input material. The argument will be cost, in other words this acre became a jug of oil for $50 or something. Instead of 3.5 grams of flower selling for $50 which somehow is what it costs retail now. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I am going to be able to win the low-cost argument or the safe to use argument when distillates are already on the shelves. Just because you produced barrels of this syrup does not mean I am going to use it at any price. It's strange to see it being assessed at a falling value and sold in tiny $50 retail vials simultaneously. It looks like the news report is saying this commercial weed is spilling into black markets out of state so that means more concentration of wealth through a legislative and criminal network. This surely has an effect on the price of connoisseur quality flowers and hash but I feel there are groups of consumers who are more or less locked in/loyal to their choices/sources. There are probably customers who visit regularly and would like more affordable stuff (better access) and there are certainly growers who feel regulation excludes them and artificially inflates price. Legal production is making news reports of falling costs while charging an arm and a leg at the window.

Proponents will dissect it and mire you in details about whether a can of butane contains "toxic chemical residues" or whether it's enough to harm you i.e. oh no just a little bit of poison is ok. Meanwhile, a large factory farm with sprayers and combines and everything else (if you don't believe cereal companies and high fructose corn syrup contribute to obesity diabetes and cancer then I've lost you) can raise acres of hemp or greenhouses full of cannabis and process it in much the same way as making white bread or twinkies or whatever else big ag has come up with. So immature or inferior or unknown (!) plant material, that is processed with a large volume of petroleum products (butane as in drilling or fracking natural gas or cow farts or whatever you want to call it) into syrup or oil or concentrate. This is what the authorities and fda have come up with, to deem this large scale product safe and appropriate for human consumption. The same thing and people - oh no just a little poison is ok. The consequence however is the sustainable producer has been completely excluded. I see no option for sustainable responsible organic at the dispensaries. For some reason this doesn't seem to alarm the public - maybe the "public" doesn't really get "alarmed." It isn't radical to suggest or to believe that chemicals and pharmaceuticals have eroded our environment and made people sick with disease including cancer. They won't admit it which is a problem.

Last edited:
R

Robrites

OLCC’s “Good Harvest” Produces Promising Result

OLCC’s “Good Harvest” Produces Promising Result

Compliance Action Focused on Legal Outdoor Cannabis Producers

Portland, Ore. -- The Oregon Liquor Control Commission today announced results of recent enforcement inspections of recreational marijuana producers indicating most of the inspected licensees are in compliance with Oregon laws and OLCC rules. “Operation Good Harvest” was a saturation compliance effort focusing on Oregon’s fall 2018 legal outdoor cannabis harvest.
During “Operation Good Harvest” OLCC inspection teams were in the field from September to early November 2018 and conducted 354 inspections across the state, with particular focus on southern Oregon. The OLCC found that 259, or 73 percent of outdoor producer licensees did not have any “deficiencies” or potential violations.
Of the 95 licensees with discrepancies, 41 of the licensees have potential violations that could lead to the cancellations of their licensees. That represents about 12 percent of the outdoor producer licensees inspected.
“The results of Operation Good Harvest are promising, but just as when we started minor decoy activity focusing on licensed retailers, producer licensees not in compliance need to improve to stay licensed and operational,” said Steve Marks, OLCC Executive Director. “The inspections reflect our agency’s effort to prevent diversion from Oregon’s legal cannabis market, and we’ll continue compliance activity across all license categories to maintain the well-regulated market that Oregonians expect.”
UAb0gpQ2CTKhwhf9Y5ING-aUOVESSezpeLLKEP5ZKYABKnIV5rMrdsbbMgzmWuxa2pUZ08Z_dmgdXNK2rmucmO_qIuQs3AkyaHq9MnxfSV3EgOzJGHxXNPtrFUzz9MU96VmZUbSPM52MhrIubyOIKQW5Uyixk8oBFN5Dzx0nSjo1RS5_=s0-d-e1-ft
Many of the licensees not in compliance had multiple deficiencies. Some of the most common were for problems with cameras and surveillance coverage – cameras didn’t work, didn’t provide proper coverage of the licensed premise or surveillance footage wasn’t recorded.
Other common violations included: data in the Cannabis Tracking System (METRC) not matching plants or product discovered on the licensed premises, marijuana plants not tagged and entered into METRC, and failure to provide the OLCC with harvest notification information – including unrecorded harvests.
Licensees were also found to be in violation for making unapproved alterations to their licensed premises, security and alarm issues and using scales not approved by the Oregon Department of Agriculture.
In September 2018 the OLCC put in place a rule requiring outdoor producers to provide the agency advance notice of harvest activity. The notification information along with CTS data was used to coordinate inspections.
The OLCC has 628 active outdoor and mixed use recreational marijuana producers, and during “Operation Good Harvest” the OLCC inspected 56 percent of legal outdoor and mixed use growers. Mixed use producers grow cannabis outdoors and indoors.
After OLCC recreational marijuana inspectors complete their investigations of licensees for alleged violations, the OLCC’s Administrative Policy and Process division will consider what charges to file against the licensees, including possible license cancellation.
Licensees are entitled to challenge OLCC charges through the State of Oregon’s Administrative Hearings process, but the final decision on any charges will be taken by the OLCC Commission.

panick503

Co2 oil is garbage, tastes like shit and doesn’t get you high. Terp sauce all day