What's new

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

Aota1

I'm seeking any info on Cherry Skunk. I'm a budtender currently in eugene and a 215 grower from Humboldt since 03'. I know the parents are skunk dawg (skunk 1x chem91) X Poppa Cherry. I've never heard of poppa cherry. I have a female from seed and am considering cloning her. I've only seen this strain here in Oregon. Any help or insight is appreciated.

R

Robrites

OLCC licenses seven marijuana growers

OLCC licenses seven marijuana growers

New Breed Seed in Cottage Grove is the first state-authorized recreational marijuana seed producer in Oregon.

The Oregon Liquor Control Commission on Friday approved licenses for New Breed Seed and seven marijuana growers, the first of many licenses related to the production and sale of marijuana expected to be approved by the state agency in the coming months.

One of the owners of New Breed Seed is Tom Johns, an owner of Territorial Seed Company in Cottage Grove.

Territorial Seed is a 37-year-old national seller of vegetables, fruits, flowers and seeds through a mail-order catalog and website.

Harold Frazier, a plant breeder at New Breed Seed, confirmed Johns’ role in the startup marijuana business but said “the two businesses are not related to each other.”

Johns also owns the 1¼-acre property where New Breed Seed is located near Territorial Seed, according to Lane County records.

Marijuana seeds sell for about $8 to $12 each, Frazier said.

New Breed Seed, with two employees, plans to produce marijuana seeds in greenhouses, Frazier said. Besides Johns, the other owners are Sandy Frazier, Harold Frazier’s father who lives in Portland, and Dale Fox, an accountant and Portland resident.

Harold Frazier, who oversaw an onion seed operation in Washington, said he and his father have experience in the vegetable seed business.

All of the companies that received licenses on Friday met criteria for recreational marijuana producer licenses, including reviews and inspections by agency workers.

In a statement, OLCC Chairman Rob Patridge said: “These licensees reflect the pioneering spirit Oregon is known for. They come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and possess the entrepreneurial spirit of this industry.”

New Breed Seed paid $3,750 for an annual license. “As soon as they pay their fee, their license fee, they are good to go,” OLCC spokesman Mark Pettinger said.

With the license and the required product tracking system set up, Frazier said he planned to start planting marijuana this weekend. “We are happy to get going,” he said.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2016/04/30/olcc-licenses-seven-marijuana-growers/83766574/

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I never made it to the cultivation classic today. Some stuff came up but maybe I'll make it to the next event :)

I'm bummed I missed it though...

On another note, are all olcc rec licenses costing $3750 bucks annually now?

I

IndicaIsland

I never made it to the cultivation classic today. Some stuff came up but maybe I'll make it to the next event :)

I'm bummed I missed it though...

On another note, are all olcc rec licenses costing $3750 bucks annually now?
I think that is the price for half an acre outdoor. Seems like an acre is 55 something.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Hemp and cannabis march.
Pioneer courthouse square. Sw 6th and morrison, portland oregon
Saturday may 7th 2016
12-6 (march @ 4pm)
Free
No dogs

R

Robrites

The (Klamath Falls) Herald and News: Vote ‘no’ on Klamath pot sales

The (Klamath Falls) Herald and News: Vote ‘no’ on Klamath pot sales

The “yes or no” vote May 17 on the future of marijuana production and sales in Klamath County isn’t as simple as it might look. But it’s still a yes or no vote, with a yes vote on Measure 18-105 overturning the Klamath County commissioners’ decision to ban the sales and production of marijuana in Klamath County. Our recommendation is a no vote that would leave the ban in place. ... After listening to both sides with their conflicting sets of statistics, opinions and commentaries on what’s happened in Colorado, where recreational use of marijuana was legalized in 2012 and began in 2014, the Herald and News editorial board decided it was better to let those counties that have approved production and sales of marijuana develop some history and data before allowing sales and production of marijuana in Klamath County. (Editorial, April 28)

http://www.heraldandnews.com/

Rolando Mota

I enjoyed the classic, it was pretty neat seeing the winners dna mapped onto the phylos galaxy. Most of the sample ganj was only so-so the best I smoked was from the other attendees.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I enjoyed the classic, it was pretty neat seeing the winners dna mapped onto the phylos galaxy. Most of the sample ganj was only so-so the best I smoked was from the other attendees.

Sorry wasn't able to make it man or I woulda pm'd you. Next good event.... So a while :tumbleweed:
August 19-21st hempfest. Seattle
Sept 24th hempstalk Portland

When the time comes around we gotta meet up and talk genetics.

OneStonedPony

MI's med laws are getting all Fucky. Makes me want to move back to OR, then I see the back and forth in this thread. I wish just one state would makes some laws and stick to them for a few years. All the change this change that shit for requirements and fees sucks.

R

Robrites

Montana- Hard to read - hit link

Montana- Hard to read - hit link

Offense Penalty Incarceration Max. Fine
Possession
Personal Use
60g or less(first offense) Misdemeanor 6 months $ 500
60g or less(second offense) Misdemeanor 3 years $ 1,000
More than 60g Felony 5 years $ 50,000
With intent to distribute
Any amount Felony 20 years $ 50,000
Sale or Delivery
Any amount with or without compensation Felony 1 year* - life $ 50,000
From an adult to a minor Felony 2 years* $ 50,000
Within 1000 feet of school grounds Felony 3 years* - life $ 50,000
* Mandatory minimum sentence
Cultivation
1 lb or less or 30 plants or less Felony 10 years $ 50,000
More than 1 lb or more than 30 plants Felony 2 years - life $ 50,000
Second or subsequent offense is punishable by twice the term of imprisonment and twice the authorized fine.
Hash & Concentrates
Possession of 1 gram or less (first offense) Misdemeanor 6 months $ 500
Possession of 1 gram or less (subsequent offense) Misdemeanor 3 years $ 1,000
Possession of more than 1 g Felony 5 years $ 1,000
Manufacture Felony 10 years $ 50,000
Penalties for the sale or possession with the intent to sell hashish are the same as for marijuana. Please see the marijuana penalties section for further details.
Paraphernalia
Possession, manufacture, or delivery of paraphernalia Misdemeanor 6 months $ 500
To a person under 18 who is at least 3 years younger Misdemeanor 1 year $ 1,000
Civil Asset Forfeiture
Vehicles and other property may be seized.
Miscellaneous
Use or possession of property subject to criminal forfeiture Felony 10 years N/A
Continuing criminal enterprise results is a felony punishable by double or triple fine and imprisonment.
Possession of marijuana on a train results in additional penalties.
Storing marijuana results in additional fines.
Anyone convicted of a misdemeanor must attend a mandatory drug education course.
Imprisonment for felonies may be eligible for suspended or deferred imposition, which may include commitment to a drug treatment facility, community service, or driver's license revocations.

http://norml.org/laws/item/montana-penalties-2

Sluicebox

I grew up in Montana. I have a pic somewhere of me as a kid building an igloo on the 4th of July. Snows are back late Sept. Meanwhile here in Oregon our Pear Trees are covered in young fruit. I had flowers in my yard (bulbs) blooming on Valentines Day.

My Mother is still in MT and suffering through Chemo. Unable to get her any meds or find her a grower, not that she'd even use it. Some people believe the bs their Oncologists tell them.

Med laws are changing in MT for the worse. Great place to be from.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I grew up in Montana. I have a pic somewhere of me as a kid building an igloo on the 4th of July. Snows are back late Sept. Meanwhile here in Oregon our Pear Trees are covered in young fruit. I had flowers in my yard (bulbs) blooming on Valentines Day.

My Mother is still in MT and suffering through Chemo. Unable to get her any meds or find her a grower, not that she'd even use it. Some people believe the bs their Oncologists tell them.

Med laws are changing in MT for the worse. Great place to be from.
Sorry to hear this man, hope she does well.
I wish more law makers heard about stories like yours, and many others in similar situations.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
So I found out my counties agriculture department sets the rules for which crop can be grown where. Marijuana is classified as af-40 for 40 acre properties. Here is a link to some of the classification documents: http://www.co.yamhill.or.us/content/planning-ordinances

So if the max canopy for outdoor growing is 40,000 sq. Ft. It takes over 1.5 million sq. Ft. In yamhill county to grow olcc licensed weed.

Hopefully I'm wrong but that's what the ag department said on the phone today.

Kind of a bummer cus none of my spots are classified for that size. Mine are all af-10's. I had one spot that is af-40 but it was so far I couldnt handle the drive...kinda regretting that now.

Sluicebox

bigdank, I'm confused by what you're saying. I'm not in Yamhill but certain that my Marion will try some of the same tactics. I'm on 14 acres, so if that were in Yamhill I would be shut down too? This is the first that I've heard of crap moves like this.

It really amazes me that most of the laws and ordinances seem to protect their insiders. Like Marion's opt out for public safety. Not allowed in the country but in town in the Flats of Salem it's ok to fire up a big warehouse full of light leaks surrounded by low income housing.

I also heard that one of the first grower licenses issued went to someone who sits on the committee. I don't know if that is true or not, just saw it in the comment section under an article. Big money gets the green light to play.

Vote No incumbents!

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
bigdank, I'm confused by what you're saying. I'm not in Yamhill but certain that my Marion will try some of the same tactics. I'm on 14 acres, so if that were in Yamhill I would be shut down too? This is the first that I've heard of crap moves like this.

Yep, if your not af-40 or bigger then currently you can't grow olcc licensed cannabis indoor or outdoor in yamhill county unless you can get your property rezoned. Take a look at this: http://www.co.yamhill.or.us/sites/default/files/zoning_0301.pdf

I

IndicaIsland

Warms Springs tribes launch marijuana venture, hope for economic windfall

Warms Springs tribes launch marijuana venture, hope for economic windfall

The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs made history Friday, breaking ground on Oregon’s first tribal-owned marijuana cultivation operation in what one federal official called a model for the rest of Indian country.

The Warm Springs plan to finish construction on a 36,000-square-foot production greenhouse by the end of the year and expect to sell their own brand of marijuana on Oregon’s recreational market by early 2017. Eventually, the tribes hope to open three stores away from their central Oregon reservation, where marijuana possession remains illegal.

Across the country, only a handful of tribes have entered the legal marijuana market, with mixed success. Legal troubles doomed tribal marijuana enterprises in the Midwest and California, while two tribes in Washington signed historic agreements last year to operate marijuana stores that have since opened.

The Warm Springs marijuana business is the first and only Native American-run venture of its kind. The tribes plan not only to grow pot, but to process it into concentrates and other products and eventually sell it at their own shops.

The tribes will build the greenhouse on about five acres of their 650,000-square-foot reservation, the largest in Oregon.

Stan Speaks, a regional director for the Bureau of Indian Affairs, said the Warm Springs worked closely with federal advisers as well as Gov. Kate Brown’s office as they planned their pot business.

Even though cannabis remains illegal under federal law, Speaks said federal officials hope the enterprise turns out to be the economic “kickstarter” the tribes need.

“They have been very careful and very cautious,” Speaks said. “They are certainly going to be a model.”

Source

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran

I missed the awards at the end. If I had known they were going to show the DNA on the Phyllos Galaxy I would have stuck around.

I agree that the best flowers I saw came from other attendees as well. Overall a good event. Great weather, and good information.

R

Robrites

Ain't They Purtty?

Ain't They Purtty?

This is what Rec Weed will look like this year.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts