What's new

The One Man 65,000W Aptus Show

billyboat

I'm not sure I'd ever be capable of running something like this, but maybe similar and smaller.

That said I do have some questions to ask. Namely, how much time a week do you expect to be spending after the build is finished?

And your trim crew, surely the risk for outside contamination is highest when they are around. Just curious what kind of procedure you use to ensure they aren't bringing bugs with them.

Once the irrigation system is built that will lighten the load tremendously...but I forsee many long days and nights to maintain this many lights.

Trimming is done off site. But I keep a tight rope, no outside shoes, change clothes before and after working in the rooms. And I haven't had to deal with anything besides gnats, in a long time. I'm constantly cleaning every part of this place.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Sounds like if you're not sleeping or eating, you're working.

Best of luck, doesn't sound like you need it though. I certainly will be following along to see if I can learn anything.

Ok, maybe a little (luck).

:tiphat:

HL45

Veteran
The shop near me tested all bulbs with all of the ballast I mentioned..nanopux had the best bulb and ballast.

gh0st9

Veteran
Hey billyboat, bc your thread I've been looking into nanoluxes over gavitas... Monstergardens are currently out though-I don't go onto the farm enough to pm greenleaf so I'm playing the waiting game.

Couple of questions for ya though if ya don't mind... Do the nanoluxes spit out RF(both attached and remote ballasts) and do ya think the nanoluxes would fit better in a 8.5-9ft ceiling than the gavita due to the ballast orientation?

thanks man, keep doing it big! I'm sure capulator would be proud!

billyboat

Hey billyboat, bc your thread I've been looking into nanoluxes over gavitas... Monstergardens are currently out though-I don't go onto the farm enough to pm greenleaf so I'm playing the waiting game.

Couple of questions for ya though if ya don't mind... Do the nanoluxes spit out RF(both attached and remote ballasts) and do ya think the nanoluxes would fit better in a 8.5-9ft ceiling than the gavita due to the ballast orientation?

thanks man, keep doing it big! I'm sure capulator would be proud!

I haven't had any RF issues and my modem/router for my environmental controllers are as close to the nanolux's without actualy being in the flower room.

8.5-9' ceilings are going to be tough either way as I like keeping them 4 feet off the canopy. One would have to have plants on the floor and you would still have to keep them under 5 feet from the ground...

I'm working on another room that has 8.5-9' ceilings and I'm planning on running the Gavita Flex 750's in the there.

gh0st9

Veteran
Right on man, yeah just planning on using em as a trial and then moving it them to a spot with 12' ceilings.

Looked into the flex 750's. Just figured it would be cheaper in the long run to grab the nanoluxes dim 'em down in the current/next spot and then when I have space to hit em full blast... Good to hear on the RF issues. Only thing stopping me from switching from mag ballasts.. it's like I'm stuck in the 90's still here where I'm at

Compared to other digi's and mags, how would you say the temps/heat coming off of those? also had to remote ballast the mags, only tried one digi spit out too much RF..
either way not a big deal, I always seal and run proper A/C, but if I need to upsize my AC rather get my HVAC guy in before I hang the lights...

ONce again thanks for answering my questions

billyboat

Shot of the Lemon row, budz, and a Kosher Bottom nug..

750 YoYo's were used to help support the lemons and the og buds as they were leaning to hard.

Attachments

• Lemon7weeeek.jpg
    Lemon7weeeek.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Lemon buds.jpg
    Lemon buds.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Lemonhps.jpg
    Lemonhps.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 15
  • OG sidenbuz.jpg
    OG sidenbuz.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 17

HorseMouth

Inspiring. I love using Beds instead of Pots. Great explanation on technique, and schedule.

Please take a Picture of the Mother Room, if there is one. Or is Everything from seed?

Welcome to ICMAG, I am thrilled to witness.

Peace

billyboat

Inspiring. I love using Beds instead of Pots. Great explanation on technique, and schedule.

Please take a Picture of the Mother Room, if there is one. Or is Everything from seed?

Welcome to ICMAG, I am thrilled to witness.

Peace

I have 20+ strains and some have been gifted to me and some I've found in seeds. I love poppin new beans and I can't stop buying seeds. I'm about to pop some Archive and some G.O.D.'s (garden of dreams) seeds.

I don't keep moms for more then 2-3 clone cycles so they don't get very big, but they are in my "Pre-Veg" room under 315 CMH's. I reclone and start fresh mom stock with the most viggorous clone of that batch.

Looking good man. Having all that to yourself. Thats having your cake and eating it too.

Its a lot of work, a lot of fun, and a lot of headache at times! Time management is key.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Very nice Bro.Thats a sweet a$$ setup.Dont know how I missed this one til now😱.Glad I stumbled onto Yer thread.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed 🍀

HorseMouth

If you only keep Mothers for a couple of clone cycles, and you are constantly popping new beans, does that mean you are changing your strains every year or two? Have you found a keeper strain that transcends through time?

I didn't notice a Male keeper room in your list, so I don't see you breeding, I just want to know how you maintain consistency for patients, customers that like certain things.

I struggle with Room for Mothers year to year and was wondering about you. That many plants must come from somewhere without a lot of stress involved.

Peace

billyboat

If you only keep Mothers for a couple of clone cycles, and you are constantly popping new beans, does that mean you are changing your strains every year or two? Have you found a keeper strain that transcends through time?

I didn't notice a Male keeper room in your list, so I don't see you breeding, I just want to know how you maintain consistency for patients, customers that like certain things.

I struggle with Room for Mothers year to year and was wondering about you. That many plants must come from somewhere without a lot of stress involved.

Peace

No i have been running the same keeper strains for years, only pop new seeds to look for that next gem or new keeper to add to the stable....I basically clone off of clones. Make a new mom of that strain every 4-6 months. I have enough room in my veg rooms to keep all the moms alive and in rotation.

This next run in the big room is going to be 10-12 different strains, all that I've ran before.

I have 17 new females to toss in the test flower room, they are from the most recent seed pop. C99, Fire OGxIllegal Alien, Sour Bubble, Motorbreath. Already tossed the males.

I don't do any real breeding, just a little personal pollen chucking on occasion.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its amazing that you can handle this all by yourself. Very inspirational. Thanks for posting..

:tiphat: