What's new

The One Man 65,000W Aptus Show

billyboat

so what base nutes do u use billy goat since aptus is all additives?

I have been using Pure Blend Pro.

I don't use the Aptus startboost, Massboost or their ecozen. So I should digress that I don't run all of their addtives.

For roots I prefer Black Label Root Enhance.

CalMag+ from Botinicare works well for me instead of Massboost. But I'm currently playing with salts and trying to make my own. I plan on moving away from Pure blend Pro as well in the future and making my own base.

Since I run beneficial bacteria teas, I see no point in EcoZen, the living rhiozsphere takes care of that stuff for me.

I won't grow without the Fasilator, I've done side by sides with and without it and plants def had more vigor when I used it. Some say to double dose to stop the stretch, I haven't really found any merit to that statement.

Their bloom boost seems to help with nutrient uptake and since I only use it once a week, it doesn't break the bank.

I like how the P and K are separated with the Peak and Finale Boost. It has allowed me to give them a boost when I see fit and not a PK boost at the same time. I slowly start with Peakboost around week 4 and ramp it up till week 6/7.

During Veg and first 3 weeks of flower I foliar with CA-25, Kelp, and compost teas.

Dog Star

Veteran
Nice grow BillyBoat..and setup is amazing.

Enjoy your stay,cool strains and i like cause you growin organics,
will stay tuned.

DS

billyboat

12k Flower room...7 Epaps overhead and 4 vert 1k's...(I took the pics before hanging the vert bulbs)

FPOG small plants on the left and 11 monster Super Lemon Haze's on the right and 3 monster starfighters down the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpg
    IMG_5132.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5130.jpg
    IMG_5130.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5133.jpg
    IMG_5133.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 16

billyboat

PreVeg room.

So Far I like the way the Dpap is throwing light at all angles over the Sun System LEC's.

Phillips is having trouble with the Double Dpaps so I may scratch that idea and just run 12k 1k HPS and MH's for now in the main veg...This room should be finished in a few days... Right now its just housing my moms...

Attachments

• IMG_5136.jpg
    IMG_5136.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5135.jpg
    IMG_5135.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5134.jpg
    IMG_5134.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:

Looking big and busy. Looking forward to the show.

About the living rhizosphere comment...you don't think dumping chems on the bacteria is doing more harm than good? Are you running no-till type beds to actually retain the benefits of an established soil food web, keeping the fungal pathways intact?

Just curious about your approach / philosophy to things. :tiphat:

I've not browsed the farm enough to have followed your threads there - welcome to IC - glad I got tagged in early on this one!

dank.Frank

billyboat

:lurk:

Looking big and busy. Looking forward to the show.

About the living rhizosphere comment...you don't think dumping chems on the bacteria is doing more harm than good? Are you running no-till type beds to actually retain the benefits of an established soil food web, keeping the fungal pathways intact?

Just curious about your approach / philosophy to things. :tiphat:

I've not browsed the farm enough to have followed your threads there - welcome to IC - glad I got tagged in early on this one!

dank.Frank

I use no chemicals at all, all NPK is, is salts.

So I keep the elemental PPM of P low enough that it doesn't affect the micro life, if I'm not mistaken as long as I'm below 60 ppm of P that it doesn't harm them at all. I recycle the beds. Come harvest time I pull the root ball out, use a snow shovel to loosen up the left over roots as the 3x6 beds become one solid root mass, add my organic amendments, add OGBioWar bennies, add some extra coco and off we go. All the old organic root matter gets eaten by the bennies and the more I recycle it seems the better the plants do and the less I have to feed. Also don't forget I'm only feeding a 1.1-1.3 EC and I peak at no more then 1.4.

Cheers

CHEFfy

Well done Billy. Contemplating the nano's myself and good to see they work for you. Been running gavita de's for a few years and am completely happy with them, but people are snatching them up so quickly now that there is a supply problem in my area. Anyhow, good to see you rockin' it.

gh0st9

Veteran
Looks good man, the setup is nice and clean from what I see. I love seeing warehouse grows, makes me think of new setups for future spots, like mental exercises on whats possible after seeing em dialed in and pushed to the max.

Subbed

billyboat

Looks good man, the setup is nice and clean from what I see. I love seeing warehouse grows, makes me think of new setups for future spots, like mental exercises on whats possible after seeing em dialed in and pushed to the max.

Subbed

I keep this place cleaner then my house!! No dead leafs, no under branches. TeamNOlarf. I vacuum my res's after every use. I beach in between runs. I change clothes before entering the main area. I accept no outside cuts from anyone. If it isn't from seed from my seed room, I don't want it.

Attachments

• IMG_5137.jpg
    IMG_5137.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 13

MIMedHead

The one and only. Figured I would see what the IC is all about.

This guy! Glad to have ya here I don't have an account at the farm but I have read most of your threads. Your a crazy hard worker doing all that work your self!

I have deff been thinking about getting some nano after seeing you have been liking them, can get them for crazy cheap like less then 300.

Can't wait to see them rooms full of flowers!

Question I have a whole bunch of 5gal root bound straight coco plants at early flower under 12kw to hand water daily and it takes me atound 1.5hrs to water them baby's how long does it take you to water everything (moms, flowering) if it is all or most hand water only? Gotta imagine it takes up a lot of time! I'm installing auto watering on my set up asap maybe tomorrow I have a bunch of black hydro drippers to use

Last edited:

billyboat

This guy! Glad to have ya here I don't have an account at the farm but I have read most of your threads. Your a crazy hard worker doing all that work your self!

I have deff been thinking about getting some nano after seeing you have been liking them, can get them for crazy cheap like less then 300.

Can't wait to see them rooms full of flowers!

Question I have a whole bunch of 5gal root bound straight coco plants at early flower under 12kw to hand water daily and it takes me atound 1.5hrs to water them baby's how long does it take you to water everything (moms, flowering) if it is all or most hand water only? Gotta imagine it takes up a lot of time! I'm installing auto watering on my set up asap maybe tomorrow I have a bunch of black hydro drippers to use

If I have to water the entire place which rarely happens as all the rooms are staggered so much, its about 900 gallons and takes 4-5 hours. I'm there 7 days a week so I just take it all one day at a time. I have 7 res's in the res room and they are set up with valves to where I can flip a valve and send water to any room I want.

billyboat

Some week 6 nug shots...Kosher and then Cookies...Just some side branches as I need a ladder to reach the top of the canopy...and a shot of the roots in the beds...

Attachments

• IMG_5142.jpg
    IMG_5142.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5143.jpg
    IMG_5143.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 12

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks proper.

I'm going to assume it's a "trade secret" - but would you mind talking a bit about your soil - base mix, amendments, etc...

I'm a fully amended, water only organic type gardener - so just curious how you put it together. The link in my signature is to my soil sticky...if you care to take a look.

Not trying to drill you - just not familiar with you as a poster and I'd like grand tour so to speak... ;)

dank.Frank

billyboat

No trade secrets here!!

I'm running Sunshine Ultra Coir with about 30-40% perlite added in. I do 4 cu ft of perlite at the bottom of the beds as well. I add in EWC, Kelp, Insect Frass, Shrimp Meal, Oyster Meal, Alaskan Humisoil, and some fish Hydroslate. I don't mix in at any exact ratios, but a beer cup or two or so of each amendment except for the EWC, that I add about 10 lbs per bed.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay...forms a better mental picture in my head of what you have going on when I'm looking at a huge canopy of flowers later... ;)

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to pull my hoodie over my head and retreat to shadowy lurk mode for now...hahaha. :joint:

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts