What's new

The Official MMA Discussion

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hopefully they will put diaz against BJ penn.

Confirmed - http://mmajunkie.com/news/25152/sho...to-meet-b-j-penn-in-ufc-137-co-main-event.mma

Capture_medium.JPG

zenoonez

Veteran
I know it isn't MMA but anyone catch the Mayweather Ortiz fight? Funny that the guy really thinks we should respect him. Lolz.

NateDizz

Respect who? Mayweather Jr.? How can you not?

I can understand people not liking him because of his personality and the way he carries himself and I can understand rooting against him, even hoping for him to receive the worst. But everybody on the planet has to respect this guy for his boxing skills. Love him or hate him, he's one of the greatest talents boxing has ever seen. And he hasn't just relied on his unheard of natural ability - he's hit the gym and trained as well as any human can in order to take it to the limit.

Dislike him, hate him - sure. But anyone who knows boxing and truly understands and enjoys the sport respects Floyd's skills at the highest level.

I'm just as frustrated and upset that Mayweather Jr. -vs- Pacquiao hasn't been signed yet as everybody else is but the blame for that can't be put squarely on Floyd's shoulders. And lets be honest - who actually thinks Manny can win that fight? Nobody in their right mind can feel like Manny is the favourite or has more than a very slight chance of winning - only people who want to see Floyd lose. Realistically Floyd would probably shit all over Manny, he's that good. I think people hate him so much that they lose sight of how good he really is. Truly, if boxing was deep right now and the challenger's were out there, Floyd could go down as one of the greatest ever. The natural boxing ability that he possesses is unrivaled in history and it's a shame that potentially (almost assuredly) one of the greatest boxers ever will never have the chance to prove his real worth.

Trust me, I'm not a huge fan Mayweather fan by any means. I'm not invested into boxing enough these days to really have much emotion invested into anyone. (MMA is where my faith has lied for almost a decade). My love for Mayweather comes from nothing more than my love and appreciation of great boxing technique and skill and Mayweather is on the highest level.

NateDizz

UFC 136 next weekend fellas!! Two title fights!

I don't know how everyone else feels, but for my money this is the best card of the year on paper by a fair margin.

129 and 126 were nice and 137 is going to be one of the better ones this year too, but none of them are near as solid as 136 is top to bottom. This one will be money well spent.

zenoonez

Veteran
Respect who? Mayweather Jr.? How can you not?

I can understand people not liking him because of his personality and the way he carries himself and I can understand rooting against him, even hoping for him to receive the worst. But everybody on the planet has to respect this guy for his boxing skills. Love him or hate him, he's one of the greatest talents boxing has ever seen. And he hasn't just relied on his unheard of natural ability - he's hit the gym and trained as well as any human can in order to take it to the limit.

Dislike him, hate him - sure. But anyone who knows boxing and truly understands and enjoys the sport respects Floyd's skills at the highest level.

I'm just as frustrated and upset that Mayweather Jr. -vs- Pacquiao hasn't been signed yet as everybody else is but the blame for that can't be put squarely on Floyd's shoulders. And lets be honest - who actually thinks Manny can win that fight? Nobody in their right mind can feel like Manny is the favourite or has more than a very slight chance of winning - only people who want to see Floyd lose. Realistically Floyd would probably shit all over Manny, he's that good. I think people hate him so much that they lose sight of how good he really is. Truly, if boxing was deep right now and the challenger's were out there, Floyd could go down as one of the greatest ever. The natural boxing ability that he possesses is unrivaled in history and it's a shame that potentially (almost assuredly) one of the greatest boxers ever will never have the chance to prove his real worth.

Trust me, I'm not a huge fan Mayweather fan by any means. I'm not invested into boxing enough these days to really have much emotion invested into anyone. (MMA is where my faith has lied for almost a decade). My love for Mayweather comes from nothing more than my love and appreciation of great boxing technique and skill and Mayweather is on the highest level.

Sorry, been afk for the most part, didn't see that you had responded. My problem with Mayweather is not a lack of skill or natural ability, it is that he strikes me as a piece of shit, a walking talking turd of a human being. I have shown my feelings on this sort of fighter in the past while talking about Nick Diaz who at this point strikes me as being a better person than Maywearther which to me is shocking, I thought he was on the top of my list to stay. The only thing that Diaz has have going for him that Mayweather doesn't is that he isn't actively ducking a fighter but is simply not fulfilling his contractual obligations. So don't get me wrong, I don't have some hate of Mayweather based upon some lack of understanding of the caliber of fighter he is, it is the lack of caliber of human being that irks me. Punching a undefended man who is apologizing after a break due to wronging you is just icing on the shit cake that is Mayweather in my eyes. You are right though, it is too bad that boxing is dying because he is an incredible talent but in a time where there is less skill and far less viewership in boxing than there ever has been before. And again, this is only my personal opinion, one that is more informed by how I think a man should handle himself in his pursuits than being a expert critic of fighting and fighters.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Who you guys got tonight?

I am forecasting Maynard over Edgar and Aldo retains

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Returning UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz will get his UFC 137 main event after all, as UFC President Dana White announced via twitter Tuesday afternoon that 170-pound champion Georges St-Pierre has been forced to withdraw from his October 29th title defense against Carlos Condit due to a knee injury.

Diaz, who was originally scheduled to face GSP in the UFC 137 main event before being pulled from the bout due to two press conference no shows, will now see his three-round bout with BJ Penn elevated to the main event a week from Saturday.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-137-fight-card-updates?main

zenoonez

Veteran
As unlikely as it is, I hope Penn knocks him out and takes a shit on his face. Okay that may be a little extreme but I do hope Penn wins.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ DIAZ
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cant fuckin wait for this saturday!!!

Grendelkhan

They both have great ground game, so it should end up a stand up war. That said, I think that Diaz's size and reach are going to win this for him. I am going with Diaz as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts