What's new

The Official MMA Discussion

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
prolly sit this one out would love to see rashad get ktfo but cant pay for it just for the one fight and nothing else on the card really intrigues me

shack

Hey Tex - if you stayed tuned here or at the Tokers den(I forget which one)there is a member(I forget who)will post a link to get it for free.

NateDizz

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

108 turned out pretty sick if you ask me.

I havn't been so pumped during a UFC as I was last night in the last round of the Silva -va- Evans fight in so long. Thiago is one of my favourites for sure and I was really hoping he would pull out the finish in the last round once he rocked Rashad. He kept the heat on him and he had a pretty decent window to finish it but it seemed like he tired himself out after already being sapped from all the takedowns and clinching he took. Rashad looked like an animal though. Every part of his game is getting better and better, except his striking defense on the feet. His movement on the feet and on the ground is remarkable and I loved the body shots he was throwing.

What a left hand that Daley's got on himself. It's good to see that he's still as scary on the feet as ever and he's really taking this opportunity to fight in the UFC seriously after putting in more than his dues outside of the promotion. His mean dude on the feet, probably the scariest in the division, and as long as he can continue to improve his floor skills (his strength and size at 170 don't hurt his game any) he's going to continue to be a dangerous guy in that division.

I was shocked to see Dos Santos crack Yvel the way he did. Yvel was much more reserved than his usual self, which is a good thing against Dos Santos, but he's usually a monster on his feet (check out any of his highlight videos) and I really didn't think it would end so quickly. Props to him. Yvel only got a one fight licensure from the state but the way he stayed calm, even after thinking it was stopped early was probably enough to get him relicensed. He's done alot of fucked up shit in the past but he seems to be more mellow these days. The UFC would be foolish not to keep him around, even if only to demolish lower level guys because he's as exciting as they come and people like that.

Kampmann was getting tagged pretty good but he kept countering and knocking Volkmann down and then sunk in the quick choke to finish him off. It was a slick performance and an important win for him. Miller gettin' it done with the stand-up exchange to get it the ground and the quick sub.

Hopefully the guys like Miller, Kampmann, Dos Santos, and Daley will get higher profile bouts that they all deserve next time around. Not to say that the challenges they were presented wern't legit (although they did all get quick finishes... hhah) but they all deserve to fight some bigger names to further promote themselves not some guys that most casual fans don't know much or anything about. I'm all for fighter development but these four guys have done enough to show they should be at the top of the heap or very near and getting those kinds of fights.

WEC right around the corner now...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rashad's takedown game looked very good, almost St. Pierre-like. Ground and pound, not so good, didnt seem able to do much once he got a guy down, but Thiago is dangerous on his back so can't fault Rashad too much.
Thiago had Rashad rocked in the third, was pressing him but then backed off for some reason. Maybe he was gassed, maybe he thought he won the fight (doubtful, everyone knew he needed a KO at that point), I dont know, but Rashad almost got knocked out for a second time...

anybody getting ready for WEC this sunday?
should be some good fights.

lightweight championship:
Jamie Varner Vs. Ben Henderson

Urijah Faber Vs. Raphael Assuncao
Dave Jansen Vs. Kamal Shalorus
Mike Brown Vs. Anthony Morrison
Mackens Semerzier Vs. Deividas Taurosevicius

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Ill be watching it for sure . Hoping that Henderson rolls Varner and then we see a rematch with cowboy. I cant stand Varner.

NateDizz

I didn't get to watch this WEC live, and I still havn't seen it yet, but I was pretty pumped for this one - moreso than UFC 108 even - definitely the best card of the month I think.

I've expressed my thoughts before on how I really can't stand the WEC lightweight division and I wish they'd just merge with the UFC, so to be honest even though I know guys like Bendo, Cerrone, and Varner put on a show, I really couldn't care less about that title fight last night. As crazy as it sounds, I would have given anything to have Tamura -vs- Valencia, Fabiano -vs- Godfrey, or Wineland -vs- Roop on the main card instead.

Gonna try to catch the show sometime in the next few days.

Anyone catching the UFC card tonight? I'll be tuning in for the Maynard -vs- Diaz fight but will probably skip the rest or catch it later.

NateDizz

yeah yeah, i checked there already. it's hard enough to find WEC fights in half decent quality anywhere, let alone the unaired undercard fights. That's why I don't even bother with those sites anymore and just download them in HD and throw 'em on my ipod. Like I said though - the undercard fights are hard to find in any form. They'll probably surface eventually...

thanks alot though man - peace.

NateDizz

Where all the peeps at?

Takeshi Inoue picked up a win last night in Shooto for anyone interested. A decent looking King Of The Cage coming up on the 30th as well as a Strikeforce card too. Zaromskis -vs- Diaz for the welterweight title, a guaranteed barnburner in Lawler -vs- Manhoef, and Jay Hieron will be returning. Also Cyborg will be defending her title for anyone interested in that sort of scene (I'm personally not a huge fan of the women's MMA, but it is starting to grow on me...) and a couple of circus bouts featuring Herschel Walker and Bobby Lashley.